Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS

Go down 
+10
LittleBird
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy
Sofa Nymph
SolsticeScholar
leolover
debibob
Rob
deer4
nani
Solstice Scents
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS Empty
PostSubject: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Witch Hazel, Rose Water, Soothing Lavender, Organic Cucumber Waters, Green Tea, Rose Essential Oil & More - 4 oz.

The Botanical Toner is a combination of skin soothing, anti-inflammatory, astringent and antioxidant ingredients to assist in balancing sebum production, cleansing, calming and hydrating dry, normal and mature skin. A very gentle toner designed to balance skin after cleansing without drying it out. Packaged in a phthalate-free recycled PET plastic bottle with black disc cap.

(More details regarding each ingredient may be found on the product listing on our website, when available)

BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS Roseto10
[b]
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
nani

nani

PostSubject: Botanical Toner   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 pm

This toner is my favorite of any I have tried and I have used quite a few.. Read the list of what the toner offers and it is true..Other toners I have tried either feel like I put nothing on my skin or if I just splashed my face with water. Another popular toner I tried was just too much for my skin even when I only used a little bit. This toner calms and soothes my face. It doesn't burn or make my face feel irritated as some can do. This is my go to toner and I won't buy anything else.
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm

My very first toner ever! I have never used toner.. I tried this because I heard great reviews on facebook about it and I LOVE the masques so much that I am convinced the facial care products have to all be great! I LOVE LOVE the smell of this... Smells clean and natural... Smell does not linger but when applying it smells very nice... Like i said I have never used toner before so have no other experience/brands to compare it too... I know I do like it a lot! It feels like an extra nice step in my cleaning routine.. I sometimes use it instead of water when mixing the powder masques.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

The only toner I used before this one was one from Lush called Eau de Roma Water. The reason I purchased it was because it was a warm day and the sales assistant said it was very cooling to the face and it was.

In wanting to try all things SS, I purchased a bottle o f this on a whim. That was months ago and it has quickly become a product I use EVERY day and not just to cool off. I use a spray top and spritz it on my face evey morning after shaving and every night. I'm a "ginger" haired guy (well, originally) and tend to have reddish cheeks and uneven skin tone. This toner has completely evened my skin tone, keeps it firm, moist, and I swear has actually lessened wrinkles and puffiness around my eyes. I never have less than two or three bottles on hand!

I HIGHLY recommend this product!

Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Great toner!   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Rob turned me onto this toner and I am so glad he did! It is wonderful-refreshing and cooling. It smells lovely-light and airy. Your skin will feel lovely and soft after using it. I bought 3 so I would not run out, as they sell out very fast. Glad I tried them!
Back to top Go down
leolover

leolover

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 pm

I've been using Angela's botanical toner for several months now. I used to use Lush Eau Roma Water and Breath of Fresh Air. They worked fine, but once I tried the botanical toner from Solstice Scents, I was hooked. I was out of toner for about a week until it was restocked (and I bought three so I'm never out of it again), and my face was a complete mess for days. I think the combination of the witch hazel and the rose water works really well on my skin. One of my favorite products!
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:57 pm

For those of you that have used this, does it smell strongly of rose? I usually use the oily skin toner but have been thinking of trying this for variation during the drier winter months. I am not a fan of anything that is strongly rose scented.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
For those of you that have used this, does it smell strongly of rose? I usually use the oily skin toner but have been thinking of trying this for variation during the drier winter months. I am not a fan of anything that is strongly rose scented.

No, not a strong rose at all! The scent is completely light.. You can hardly detect the rose at all. If you could, I wouldn't be using it twice a day as I do. Smile

Back to top Go down
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:55 pm

Rob wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

No, not a strong rose at all! The scent is completely light.. You can hardly detect the rose at all. If you could, I wouldn't be using it twice a day as I do. Smile

I agree with Rob. The scent is very light and I usually use it twice a day. I have another toner that is rose scented and it is way too strong.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks, Rob and Nani! I will have to give this a try!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:18 pm

I loved this toner but had to stop using it as something was drying out my skin and I've been trying to pinpoint the culprit. It seems unlikely that it's the toner as my skin is actually quite oily (though with the odd dry patch) and this toner is intended for dry skin. I'm about to start using it again so fingers crossed all is well! As a preliminary review though I will say that this smells wonderful and gets my skin beautifully clean and soft. I also love the all natural ingredients.
Back to top Go down
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 pm

I use Eau Roma water fromm LUSH too... I really want to try this to mix with my SS oatmeal honey masque.... wow this sounds awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

I adore this toner <3. I've had a lot of issues with products drying my skin out this winter, but I don't find this to be drying at all, and I use it once or twice a day. It has a light, herbal-ish cucumber scent, but the scent doesn't stick around for more than a few seconds.
I just love the way that this makes my skin feel - clean and calm, but not dried out at all. It has an almost dewy, cooling feel on the skin that's really soothing to me, so I love using this (like a mini spa vacation, lol).
I've had some redness and dry patches on my face this winter, and this toner has really helped in clearing that up. I'm used to toners being rather drying, but this somehow makes my skin feel clean, exfoliated and softly moisturized.
I'd definitely repurchase this, and it has been saving my skin this winter. I love you
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 12:48 am

I use this toner with a spray top. I've got rosacea, and I really think that it helps alleviate some of my symptoms. Like others have mentioned, it's a mild and gentle toner. My face never feels uncomfortably tight after I use it, just refreshed. I've had fairly good luck using it with SteamCream for a moisturizer - though someday I will get around to trying Angela's Rosemilk Day Cream too.

Also, a bottle of Angela's toner lasts me months and months. It's very good value for money, as I see it.
Back to top Go down
Loraphant

Loraphant

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:53 am

I really hate to be that one negative review, especially since SS is my favorite B&B company, but I really hated this stuff. I feel like I got a completely different product than the reviews here talk about.

It smells REALLY strongly of witch hazel. I have Dickinson's Witch Hazel in my cabinet and smelled them side by side and they smell exactly the same. The scent lingers for a few minutes upon application. Going on, it doesn't leave a sticky residue on the skin, which is the only good thing about this toner. Unfortunately, it makes my face itch like crazy. I've used it for the past 4 days and the itching is getting worse day by day- not just on my cheeks, but all over, including on my eyelids. :(My face still itched like crazy even after falling asleep in it (it still irritates my skin 24 hours post application). This is pretty disappointing for me since it's supposed to be "skin smoothing" and "calming." I'll try it for another few days just cause I loathe to throw something away from SS so I'll update this if it I change my opinion.

UPDATE: I used this for about a week and the itching just got worse. Stopped using it and my face felt better immediately. I noticed that the toner I bought was the "Improved Formula" which is probably why it smells so different from what the above reviewers described. :/

Last edited by Loraphant on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 9:55 pm

I think you may be allergic to one of the ingredients if it makes your face itch since that is not a normal symptom of using this toner. It may be the geranium. If this his happens with the rosemilk as well, it shares the same EOs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

I didn't find this product itchy or irritating at all, in fact it was very calming and cooling. Regarding the scent, I didn't even notice it had rose until I re-read the ingredients. (Although that would have been fine with me, I love rose.)
Back to top Go down
mysteriousjul

mysteriousjul

PostSubject: Great buys   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS EmptyThu May 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Loved the toner, great for complexations. Smile it made mine shiny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS   BOTANICAL TONER - DRY, NORMAL & MATURE COMPLEXIONS Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1