Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foods I'm Loving

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Anyone who knows me or follows my Facebook won't be surprised to see this post! There are some delicious recent discoveries I have been enjoying and wanted to post about. Have you tried any of these products before and if so, what did you think?

Coconut Secret Soy-Free Soy Sauce - I can't have soy sauce unfortunately as it appears I've developed a soy allergy. One of my dear customers recommended this as an alternative and I've been enjoying it immensely! It isn't an exact replica for soy but it is a good alternative if you can't have soy.

Coconut Secret Crystals
- This is a sugar alternative that is low glycemic. I am just trying to cut back on sugar, even though I love it and this stuff is packed with goodness and a healthier alternative. It tastes closest to brown sugar with a rich molassesy note.

COCONUT SECRET WEBSITE

Cardamom Caramels from Gville Sweets - These are a little pricey but boy, are they worth it. If you're local, they can be found out the new Co-op on Main Street as well as at Ward's Supermarket. I'm sure they are available elsewhere but I buy them at Ward's. These things are so delicious and you can really taste the cardamom. I'm not a big caramel fan but I sure do love these and I also love cardamom.

GVILLE SWEETS FACEBOOK

Coconut Manna - Mmmmm...this tastes strongly of coconut and is awesome for baking, spreading, smoothies or eating it straight up! I buy mine at the local Mother Earth Market. If you like coconut, you need this.

COCONUT MANNA ONLINE

UDIs Bagels - I've been trying to avoid wheat as much as possible. I'm not on a real Gluten free diet but I do try to go with alternative flours and grains where possible. This bagel tastes delicious toasted. I've been making open faced melts with organic tangy dijion mustard, spinach leaf, tomato, red onion, sprouts, avocado and meunster cheese melted under the broiler. Yum! I toast the bagel first though. I don't care for the bagel plain (untoasted). I find these in the freezer section of my supermarket.

UDI's WEBSITE

Escazu Chocolate Bars
- Um yeah. These are freaking delicious. If you ever try going soy free, try and find a commercial chocolate that doesn't have soy lecithin as an emulsifier. I looked high and low. I was recommended Alter Eco chocolate but no one here sells it. I found Escazu at Wards. It is very expensive (over $4 a bar) but it tastes delish. They have several Vegan options. I enjoy the Goat's Milk chocolate bar from them the best, though there are others I have yet to try.

ESCAZU CHOCOLATE WEBSITE

Sunflower Greens (aka Sunflower Sprouts)
- I do like sprouts but they sure do taste green. A friend of mine enlightened me to sunflower greens. Wow. They have a slight nuttiness to them much like the sunflower seeds. They're substantially larger than alfalfa sprouts and they are great for salads, wraps, etc. We are going to try growing these. At $4 a small bag, I'm hoping we're successful. I can only find these at Ward's locally as their popularity doesn't seem wide spread. Should you ever encounter them at a store or Farmer's market, give them a try!

SUNFLOWER SPROUTS PICS

Those are just a few foods that I'm enjoying though I see many more individual threads in the future! There is a coconut ice cream bar that I am loving but I can't recall the brand off the top of my head to include it in this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:04 pm

I am so glad you are enjoying the Coconut Secret products. I am going to have to hunt down those sunflower sprouts!!!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Seriously, I can't thank you enough for recommending them!! I have yet to try the tahini grain bowl you recommended but it is definitely on the list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:56 pm

You must try it! I just made it last night and had it again today for lunch. It's amazing with Frank's regular hot sauce.
Back to top Go down
Shiny

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am

Ang! I found an amazing dairy and soy free chocolate!!!!
It's taken me years to find and it isn't cheap but WOW.
Pacari Ecuadorian organic chocolate.
Totally droolworthy!
Shitty thing is it costs 3.25euros for 2oz Shocked
Good thing is that you don't need much to get a fix cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foods I'm Loving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foods I'm Loving   Foods I'm Loving Empty

Back to top Go down

Foods I'm Loving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum