Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All about Glace

Go down 
+21
lov2read68
MissBee
Fascinoma
The Peach
greenphoenix
Sofa Nymph
lookingglass
SolsticeScholar
debibob
jonesgirl07
cruzy80
HottieMcNaughty
lyeneia
Solstice Scents
Da1327
Cats in the Cradle
deer4
alicious
Rob
nani
goddesslynne
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

All about Glace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:56 pm

I love the glaces, never thought to try them in my hair or in the bath though. Tonight I'm going to have a long hot bath with some Jack & the Devil glace then finish off with a liberal coating of Jack & the Devil ganache. Lovely. The other one I have is Spellbound Woods, one of my favourite SS scents. Tomorrow I think I'll try this one in my hair, I must be careful though as my hair is fine and tends to oiliness!

In terms of the strength I am one of the people who finds them on the strong side, this is not a complaint though, it just means that I need to use them when I'm planning on wearing the matching oil, that's all. The perfect solution would be the ghost glace, I would absolutely love this.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes, I totally plan on doing a Ghost Glace one day but time is a precious commodity around here! I have long, fine hair that can get oily at the scalp. I spray the glace and swing my hair into it, then brush it through (I use it on dry hair) and am careful not to brush my crown. I pretty much brush it from my ear to the ends. Don't slip on the floor using this method though!

Also be careful using the glace in the tub as it can get slippery. Use a moderate amount to start (I only use a tablespoon) as the oil sits on the top of the water and doesn't incorporate. You'll want to swish it around. You can always add more but if you add too much...yikes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 am

I am so impressed with glace! I love how it's not greasy, and leaves my skin feeling like silk. I apply it by spraying it in my hands, then applying to my body; if I try to spray it directly on my skin, I know I'll spray it all over my bathroom tile floor, and that will be a bit dangerous, lol. I use about 4 sprays/leg, and about 2 sprays/arm. I've only tried one glace in Enchanted Forest, and I love how highly-scented it is! I think a future order of mine will include glaces in Spellbound Woods and Old Cedar Magus.
Back to top Go down
The Peach

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm late to the party! I've been using my Snowshoe Pass Glace in my hair. Love how it works! I was wondering if anyone else used the Glace in their hair.... looks like this answers my questsion!

I also LOVE it in the bath tub! It took me a while to try it as a bath oil, but once I did, I realize the Glace is by far the best bath oil I've ever used!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:39 pm

The Peach wrote:
I'm late to the party! I've been using my Snowshoe Pass Glace in my hair. Love how it works! I was wondering if anyone else used the Glace in their hair.... looks like this answers my questsion!

I also LOVE it in the bath tub! It took me a while to try it as a bath oil, but once I did, I realize the Glace is by far the best bath oil I've ever used!

I have pretty short hair, but after I use the glace on my body, I usually spritz a little bit on my hand and rub it thru my hair. It's nice and moisturizing and smells GREAT for the entire day.

Glace in the tub is fantastic! If you ever happen to get a jar of the Ghost salts, try mixing in a bit of your glace for a custom salt bath! It's wonderful!

Back to top Go down
Fascinoma

Fascinoma

PostSubject: Sirocco Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 4:54 am

I recently tried this product in Sirocco. I don't have a bathtub, only a shower, but I put this on before (to get the scent in the shower) and after (to soften skin).

I used 3-4 pumps and that gave me a lot of scent. I put it on my arms and back mainly. Hours later the heavier notes of Sirocco like Oud, Sandalwood and spicy Myrrh were still hanging around. At first, I thought I put way too much on, but it calmed down!

I do like the product. I am happy it can be used for skin instead of just being a bath oil. I want to try it in my hair next, because I have BPAL hair glosses and they do contain some of the same ingredients.

I think the strength is fine. I do have skin that tends to be on the dry side and dry hair, but still only use a couple pumps in total. It's enough for my hair, which is long and doesn't weigh it down or make it too oily.

I also pump the product into my hand so I grab most of the mist, not wasting product and not getting it on the floor. I had a bad experience with BPAL atmosphere spray and my condo carpet, so the less of this mist out of bounds, the better. You could open the bottle and coat your hands with it as well to avoid getting any on the floor. I also wipe the bottle off when I am done.
Back to top Go down
MissBee

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm

This product is definitely awe-inducing!

I'm not really a lotion person for too many reasons, but this product is perfect for me. I can't believe how easily everything just sinks right in! You don't even need to spend time massaging it in. It's like magic!

Usually products have a hard time absorbing into my skin, as it's not dry. Lotions usually just sit on top of it. Sometimes I still need tiny bit of moisture after a shower, though.

I also really enjoy the fragrances. They really emit from your body. I've had trouble not being able to smell other brands unless I (or my husband) was directly sniffing where I applied it. The ones I got are a bit strong when you first apply, but they mellow out so perfectly! I have Thornwood Thicket and Witch's cottage so far. I can't wait to collect a whole bunch!
Back to top Go down
lov2read68

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Just wanted to add my 2 cents - I adore the glace. A couple of spritzes per leg is perfect in the summer. As the weather cools off, I'll up it to 3 or 4. My boys notice when I run my hands through my hair after I use the glace. I'm looking forward to adding a couple more to my 'arsenal'!
It soaks in beautifully! Not greasy at all. Love this product!
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Just wanted to say how much I love the new unscented glace! I've been using the scented versions for a while as hair gloss and they do wonders for smoothing and calming my crazy wavy hair. Sometimes the throw is a bit much for work, though, so unscented is PERFECT!
Back to top Go down
ElMalOjo

ElMalOjo

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 10:09 am

Oh..oh wow..NOW I see what everyone is talking about! I recently bought the Nightgown Glace and I have a feeling that I'm going to run through this bottle, very quickly.

I'm not a huge fan of lotion - it's always too greasy, slick, or nonabsorbent for me, but the Glace? Holy smokes, Batman! This stuff is amazing! It makes my skin so soft without the greasiness of lotion and the scent of Nichtgown is just heavenly!

The scent lasts ALL day, just like the perfume oil, I could honestly replace the perfume oil with this, but I double down with the Glace and perfume oil when I'm feeling extra sassy..haha...for my cat...

I highly recommend the Glace - in ANY scent - if you have not tried them.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm

The first time I applied the glacé I thought I had missed because I was expecting an oily SPLAT on my skin. Somehow this product goes on in such a fine mist and feels so dry that it converted me. I never thought I would use a body oil but I love it.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 pm

I'm a glace-in-the-hair gal. I spritz a few times into the palm of my hand and smooth it over the ends of my hair. If I put it up in a clip for the day, by evening when I take it down my hair is soft and still beautifully scented. I also love Ghost Glace in my hair for the times I wear perfume that isn't available in glace form so it doesn't clash.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 am

I have been a devotee of SS fragrance oils for a number of years, but only recently and by accident did I try the Glaces. You see I accidently ordered one about a year ago in an order of oils and quite frankly have been enjoying them equally as much, but in a different context. The oils I put on to wear during the daytime or going out at night. The glace fragrances are worn by my partner and I after showering at night and have become a real night time ritual.

The spray mechanism is fantastic and delivers a really fine mist. It moisturises your skin without any cloying or oily residue effect and seems to absorb into the skin very easily with the residual warmth of the shower water.

The actual scent is also a winner and so far I have not been able to detect much difference between the glaces and the oils. I get several hours of sillage with the glace and for me that translates into a lulling and lovely to drift off too sleep. The biggest difference i that the glace sprays cover a bigger area of skin that the oil roll ons, and are more enveloping in effect, though naturally not as concentrated.

The glaces make a fantastic gift for friends and family> If you haven't tried them before, I would highly recommend giving them a go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about Glace   All about Glace - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All about Glace
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2