Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mini-autumn event October 12th

Go down 
+6
Solstice Scents
debibob
sam364
Liber Vix
SolsticeScholar
sweetgardenangel
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

Mini-autumn event October 12th Empty
PostSubject: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Well,

How many of you SS fans will be on the edge of your seats, paper in hand, ready to pull the trigger in just about exactly 24 hours from now? What's your picks? I'm enthralled with all of 'em but disappointed there's no ganache for the Blueberry Muffin Batter! Wah, wah, wah
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I have already cleared my evening, hahaha. I am particularly excited for Blackburn Farmstead and Black Mallow. I Blueberry Muffin Batter ganache would be yummy!
Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
I have already cleared my evening, hahaha. I am particularly excited for Blackburn Farmstead and Black Mallow. I Blueberry Muffin Batter ganache would be yummy!

Nom nom One thing about Blackburn is that it's offered in all of the diff. items! I love berry scents! I can't forget the Burnishing Mist for Pumpkin Spice Latte. It seems I'm fixated on the stuff and wear it every day! I find so much comfort in wearing it! I'm gonna wait on the Banana Bread and see reviews. I ordered a Chiquita Banana Whipped Soap from Alchemic Muse and eeeeek, me no likey at all! But SS probably has churned and twisted it into something desireable! But I'm gonna watch and see! bounce
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I don't get paid till Thursday so I'm hoping there will be some left for me! I've definitely got my eye on the banana bread soap and the Blackburn ganache. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Sweetgardenangel--I have tried the Banana Nut Bread whipped soap when it was released back with the spring collection and it is amazing. It smells like real, fresh banana bread, not synthetic at all. Some banana notes can be really artificial and this is delicious. It is my favorite SS whipped soap I have tried thus far. I can't wait to see how the blueberry smells.
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:17 pm

No Blueberry Muffin Batter whipped soap for you! Mini-autumn event October 12th Whipyellow

I'm going for the above, as if that wasn't obvious from the release thread, and the Blackburn Farmstead whipped soap.

ETA: And possibly Banana Nut Bread whipped soap.
Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Is her whipped soap like the texture of Cool Whip or is it dense like Haus of Gloi? Wow, I love the aroma of banana bread, so I think I'm wavering.......these decisions have got to be put to bed now... Sleep
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 pm

The whipped soap is in between dense and cool whip-I have both from SS and Haus and love them both.SS is a bit lighter but still with good texture-works great. Defintiely buy some! Sadly, no paycheck until next tuesday so will see if anthing left for moi. Sad If so, I will buy 1 in everything that is available.
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 pm

I've only used the Root Beer whipped soap and agree the consistency is between dense and cool whip, but it's closer to cool whip. I have two others that I haven't used yet (Astral Temple and Cenobite), but the texture seems to be a little different and is softer.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:08 pm

sweetgardenangel, I'm sorry about no Blueberry Ganache! I was worried that it wasn't coming through that well in that application since the cocoa butter is such a heavy initial scent and it needs to be very concentrated to have the scent develop and have staying power.

I hope you guys are excited! The site is running a bit slow since lots of folks are on but it will work out. Please just be as patient as you can...there is really nothing we know to do to help the problem. I did make a lot of stuff so hopefully everyone gets what they want!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:12 pm

It's erred out on my three times when I've tried to pay. I'll come back later when the chaos has died down and hope for the best!
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I keep getting cart errors.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Yeah, I can't check out. I wonder if anyone has been able to?
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
Yeah, I can't check out. I wonder if anyone has been able to?
Someone over on the Lush forum did. I guess she got in and out before everyone else.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Lucky duck!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Guys I am really sorry. Honest to God if there was something I could do on my end, I would. We've got heavy duty servers and bandwith but when a site is flooded with hundreds of people at once it does get sluggish. I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen again but dang!! I am so so sorry! Please pass this along to the other forums if you don't mind. It calmed down after about an hour last time and I know it is frustrating as hell to deal with not being able to checkout but our hands are tied. I see a TON of active orders from you guys and we really really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Success!
Back to top Go down
Ayambik

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm

I have no idea if I checked out or not, it says "processing" and I'm scared to refresh Sad Might go to bed now and try again in the morning, hopefully nothing will sell out that quickly, I want my goodies hahaha
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm

The site is being really wonky for me. Even more so than the first autumn release. I got all the way to the checkout page but then it wouldn't calculate shipping rates for me. Poo!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm

G is on the phone with our provider so if there is ANYTHING that can be done, we will do it. I'm really hoping so because I'm having nightmares worrying about the Winter sale!!
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Go, G, go!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 pm

It worked! *Happy dance* Smile
Back to top Go down
Ayambik

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Success! And at 10 to 1 in the morning I'm officially going to sleep now. Goodnight and good luck everyone!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Okay guys, our tech support says they "cleared the pipes" so for some reason, it should work now. Try!!

For future reference, they can't do anything "unless there is a problem" so we have to call and sit on hold, have them reset the server, clear the cache out for the week. He said our bandwith is totally solid but it is there servers get flooded, they have to alerted and then handle it. LAME. So next release, we're going to call before we release even though they can't do anything UNTIL THERE IS A PROBLEM. Does that make sense? It sucks but they can't fix the problem until they have one so next release we'll call just before the release time and sit on hold and hopefully by the time they get to us they can "clear the pipes".
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Mine went through, too - about 10 minutes ago.

Sounds like a good plan, Angela! I'm sure that the winter release will just as crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini-autumn event October 12th   Mini-autumn event October 12th Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini-autumn event October 12th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next