Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!

Go down 
+4
rinster
Rob
alicious
obsidienne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
obsidienne

Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! Empty
PostSubject: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Hello all!

I've been reading reviews of Manor and the huge positive response has made me want to try it out. However, a lot of reviews describe it as a woody vanilla, which is sort of what I get out of Conjure (of course, I get so much more out of Conjure than just those two notes, drool!) and Sandalwood Vanilla.

Can anyone compare the two for me? I'd like to figure out if I will ever regret not ordering Manor, but my perfume collection is so ridiculously bloated and full of similar scents that I'm reluctant to add more scents that are similar to one another! Smile
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Manor is more tangy with no powdery element to my nose, whereas Conjure skirts the edge of powder pretty heavily. They are definitely different scents, but are both fully realized, more than the sum of their components fragrances. Tangy vs powdery, however, is the most immediate difference to me. Rob? Rob? Bueller? Rob?

Maybe you could get a sample with your next order? I believe Angela said Manor will be going general catalog, so there's no huge rush.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 am

Manor to my nose is much different than Conjure. Conjure is a warm ambery vanilla, a bit sweet. I think what Alicious refers to as powdery might just be the amber.

Manor is much sharper, the vanilla is less sweet, but the woods in the blend do sweeten it a bit. To me it seems less warm, a bit resinous and it morphs a lot on your skin. Like in the description, if you happen to like Old Cedar Magus, you might like this too. I really love it... it's an incredibly complex scent!

I agree with A... see if you can get a sample as your freebee with your next order. I'll be interested to see what you think!

Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:22 am

I tend to informally group scents into loose groups (i.e. Sinopia, Thornwood, Blackburn are fruity, Tenebrous Mist and Gulf Breeze are aquatic, etc.) and I put Manor, Conjure, and Cedar Magus in a "cozy vanilla woodsy" family, even though when compared individually they are quite different. Conjure tends to be a bit softer and feminine on me (and powdery as A says). Manor is richer, more pronounced, and unisex, which I think is due to the aloeswood and agarwood.

Last edited by rinster on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to mention agarwood)
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am

Conjure to me is a soft, powdery, somewhat sexy woodsy vanilla. Manor is more evocative of a tangible place to me though, I'm not sure if it's just from the description/name or my own experience, but it really does smell like a romanticized image of an old house. A phrase that popped into my head upon smelling it was "sweet dust"...something forgotten and mysterious. It might be in the same family as Conjure, but I consider them both worth getting, especially if you like those sorts of scents. It definitely has something to offer! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:31 pm

I had conjure and didn't like to as much as I like manor and sandalwood vanilla. Actually I gave conjure to my boyfriend. It's much stronger and woodier. Sandalwood vanilla is very sweet and strong. Manor is the "softest" out of the 3. It's sweet and slightly woody/powdery.
Also you might like Spirit tree~ It's a light scent like Manor, but not as sweet and more woody, slightly floraly in the bottle.
Back to top Go down
obsidienne

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:12 am

Thank you all for your reviews! I'm definitely convinced to try out Manor with my next order! I love you
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:57 am

I will also add that Conjure and Manor are very different in terms of scent "throw." Conjure, on me, stays very close to the skin and does not stick around very long (maybe 2-3 hours at most on me). Manor, on the other hand, has amazing throw and longevity. If I layer the glace and perfume oil it lasts all day. I would say that it is the longest lasting of all the SS perfumes I have tried (and I have pretty much tried them all!) Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:20 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
I will also add that Conjure and Manor are very different in terms of scent "throw." Conjure, on me, stays very close to the skin and does not stick around very long (maybe 2-3 hours at most on me). Manor, on the other hand, has amazing throw and longevity. If I layer the glace and perfume oil it lasts all day. I would say that it is the longest lasting of all the SS perfumes I have tried (and I have pretty much tried them all!) Smile

SS-

Conjure doesn't stay with you? Wow, that's amazing how scents work on different people. I can still smell Conjure on me at night even after about 12 hours of wearing it and the scent throws very well!

The one that probably sticks to me the longest is Old Cedar Magus... of course I can't complain about that! Smile

Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Me too, Rob. Conjure and Manor both are scents that will not die when I apply them. Not that I'm complaining. Wink
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Hmmm, what is wrong with me! I love Conjure and desperately wish it lasted longer on me. Maybe I have a wonky bottle...poo. No When I got it as a HFO I was shocked at how persistent it is in that form versus the perfume on me.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:26 pm

I think everyone's chemistry reacts so differently. Manor does not stay on me at all-I can barely smell it when I put it on then nothing 30min later. Conjure, for me, stays on forever. Lucklily, most of SS scents stay on great-after buying other etailers things, I really am aware of how fabulous Angela's scents are and how complex and intense they are. they generally last a long time. Most other etailers scents I can barely smell, then the scent is totally gone within about 30min. I will be a die hard SS addict forever. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!   Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted! Empty

Back to top Go down

Manor & Conjure perfume comparisons wanted!
Page 1 of 1