Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mindy's Easy Peezy Chili

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

Mindy's Easy Peezy Chili Empty
PostSubject: Mindy's Easy Peezy Chili   Mindy's Easy Peezy Chili EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Fall weather in Michigan is usually, wet, dank, chilled to the bone, thus I made my lovely chili yesterday, served it to my neighbors with a loaf of good bread, and it was a hit. Hope you'all test this one and see if it's gonna be your "go-to" chili.

1 or 2 tsp shortening or vegetable oil
1 1/2 - 2 pounds, quality lean ground beef or ground sirloin
1 large white onion, chopped

1 1/2 - 3 tablespoons chili powder (I use 1 1/2 tbsp)
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin (omit if you don't like cumin)
Salt and pepper to taste

1 can (15 oz) "Ranch Style Beans"
1 can (15 oz) Pinto beans (I use Bush)
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans (I use Bush)
1 LARGE can Dei Fratelli Italian "chopped Italian tomatoes, herbs, and olive oil" w/natural sea salt

Coat bottom of big pot (6 qt) with oil, just enough to keep meat f/sticking. Now add meat and let cook for a few min over medium heat. Watch and stir so it won't stick.

When meat is starting to cook and is breaking apart, add chopped onion and stir it into meat. Now add all the powdered spices and stir. Keep stirring occasionally.

When meat is almost done, add all the beans.

Chili should be slightly watery. Now add the large can of Dei Fratelli and stir.

Let simmer 20 min and do taste test. If you need more spices, add a pinch more of chili powder! I do not want to overwhelm the chili with hotness, but that's me.

Let simmer 1 1/2 hrs, stirring occasionally. It tastes better the longer you cook it, and even better the following day!
Just prior to serving, add mild cheddar cheese (grated) on top!

Makes 6 servings (2 cups per bowl) approx. You may want to double this recipe. But it is pretty filling, with serving of good bread with it. Smile
Back to top Go down

Mindy's Easy Peezy Chili
Page 1 of 1