Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)

Go down 
+8
Loraphant
Never7where
buxomm
SmellsLikeCake
TheAnglican
LittleBird
Kandee
Solstice Scents
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) Empty
PostSubject: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:26 pm

SUGARVALE
Candied Pecans, Butterscotch, Buttered Rum, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Hot Pralines & Milk Chocolate Cocoa

Perfume, Ganache, Whipped Soap and Burnishing Glace

Nestled in a mountain vale lies a small, quaint community with rustic buildings housing friendly, hardworking people. A special delight during the harsh and demanding winter season is the Sugarvale Candy Kitchen in the middle of town. Smoke billows profusely from the chimney of the confectioner's cabin. Aromas of candied pecans, butterscotch, buttered rum, brown sugar, maple syrup, hot pralines and milk chocolate cocoa fills the air across town, beckoning the inhabitants inside to warm cold bodies and empty tummy's alike.

On initial application and cold sniff, candied pecans emerge from the mouthwatering golden notes mentioned above. The pecans subside leaving the butterscotch, buttered rum, maple and brown sugar sweetening your skin with just a hint of hot pralines. The milk chocolate hot cocoa is not readily detectable but the chocolate note helps to round out the blend from being too sweet, though this mix is toothsome and very warm and delicious!

SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) Sugarv10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Kandee

Kandee

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:28 pm

A word of warning------ I may have to buy all of this.I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 am

Sugarvale sounded like it was going to be sickeningly sweet to me, but I actually love this scent. It is definitely a sweet scent, but it's creamy, cool and wearable as well. Cozy Moments' Brown Sugar Crunch scent is similar, if anyone has tried that.
I'm not even sure how to describe this, but it's sooo good. It's a little bit creamy milk chocolate, a bit of what smells like salted caramel on me, brown sugar-y, and something that makes me think of toast or something crunchy... but somehow not too sweet.
I hope that I can afford to order this scent in everything before the winter LEs go away.
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 pm

I have the whipped soap in Sugarvale and have enjoyed it. It would probably be too sweet for me in a leave-on application, but it's toothsome in whipped soap. To me, it smells the way I remember butterscotch dipped cones from Dairy Queen tasting in my childhood.
Back to top Go down
SmellsLikeCake

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Still one of my favorite scents out of all the perfumes and body sprays I own. I wore this last night and strangers were telling me how good I smelled. It's like candied pecans, caramels, just ooey gooey goodness. GREAT gourmand scent!! I love you
Back to top Go down
buxomm

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 1:25 am

It's dry and powdery. I think it's pecans with something buttery in the background and just a bit sweet. It has a celery edge. It dries down to maple then it's gone.
Back to top Go down
Never7where

PostSubject: weird on my body   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I tried this perfume and for some reason, I'm not sure why, it must not agree with my body chemistry. It was a warm sweet sugary scent, as expected, upon first application. After about 10 minutes all the scent was gone except a smoked, burnt scent, without any other kind of fragrance Neutral  no hate on this perfume of course, as reading other reviews it's apparent that it smelled quite different on other people. Oh well, onto the next one in my sample pack !
Back to top Go down
Loraphant

Loraphant

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 am

I'm on the fence about this one. I stupidly got a full size of this un-sniffed even though I wasn't sure I'd love it as the first time I discovered SS, I checked out reviews on blogs and Youtube, as well as the SS Facebook page comments section. Somehow, the day I was looking at all these things, Sugarvale was mentioned multiple times (probably because it was late Nov.). In my baby SS virgin mind, Sugarvale became THE must have fragrance from SS.

I like all the individual notes in this scent well enough. The ones that stick out the most on my skin are the pecans and butterscotch. I was a bit disappointed at not being able to smell any milk chocolate at all despite Angela's note that it's not readily detectable, as it's one of my favorite scents (I'm one of those people who can't stomach white or dark chocolate, which unfortunately seem to be the more common chocolate notes in perfumes). The other notes are all there, but don't stand out as much on my skin as the pecans and butterscotch. As this dries, it becomes more powdery. Then it kind of morphs into a peanut butter scent on me lol. It also smells very caramel-y to me.

I'm a gourmand/foodie person, so really in theory, I should like all these things, but for some reason I don't love it (probably because I can't stand caramel- the taste, texture, and scent). It just doesn't do it for me. While I'll keep and use my bottle, I really can't see myself repurchasing it should I ever run out. My friends love it on me though!

Side story: I wore Sugarvale when I was watching LOTR Desolation of Smaug with a friend (first LOTR movie ever... wish my friend had warned me about the crazy long spider scene... *shudder*), and the guy in front of us was passing major gas. When we left, my friend told me the only reason she could get through the movie was because I smelled so good!
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:25 pm

Can one get diabetes via one's nostrils? If so, use this oil very carefully. This is rich to the extreme. If you like this, try the other Foxcroft foody family members like Sycamore Sugarworks, Mapelwood Inn, Blackburn's Parlor etc.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 am

I suspect that Sugarvale performs differently on people's skin.

I was expecting a toothache inducing sweet scent, and for about two or three seconds of the opening that is exactly what I got. But very quickly emerging a balancing slightly bitter sugar wood note. I'm assuming that is note that is described as Pecan. My closest analogy is that is is similar to the bitter note that is found in walnuts with a hint of burnt sugar. I have to admit two things here. My skin does not amp up sweetness and I absolutely love this non-sweet aspect of Sugarvale. The fragrance is pulled in two entire directions and that is what provided an unexpected interest. The only other similar fragrance that I am aware of that uses a bitter burnt note to counterbalance sweetness is Serge Lutens 'Bois Vanille'.

The fragrance lasts about four hours on my skin and both the sweetness of the opening and the bitterness of the nuts recede leaving behind a very comforting complex Maple Syrup residue.

Definitely a winter scent and probably for a casual evening at that.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Sweet, warm butterscotch is mostly what I get from this one! It's light and comforting, and smells like walking into a candy store in the middle of winter while the caramels and butterscotches are being made. In the background is a cup of frothy, creamy, hot chocolate, which is lovely, but not really my cup of tea (see what I did there? Very Happy ) as chocolate scents aren't my favorite. Nonetheless, this is lovely, sweet but not at all cloying, and comforting. A perfect candy-type winter scent!
Back to top Go down
megank4

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 am

Yum, this reminds me of a pecan pie, perfect for Thanksgiving. No burnt note, just a nutty note.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)   SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011) Empty

Back to top Go down

SUGARVALE (Winter Collection 2011)
Page 1 of 1