Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!

Go down 
+10
misslilamae
rinster
greenphoenix
Samengage
Rob
Cats in the Cradle
SolsticeScholar
cait
The Peach
AngloAngel
14 posters
AuthorMessage
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! Empty
PostSubject: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 pm

This thread is for everyone to share their favorite blends of Miss Angela's amazing works!

In another thread, Miss Angela had said that she had on Foxcroft and Manor... I tried it and I can't seem to get my wrist out from under my nose!! It is sooo good! I wish I could explain what I smell everytime I inhale... but, I fear that my description wouldn't do it due justice! It's like your standing on the Fall/Winter-y grounds of a large Manorhouse juuust outside the building... like on a side yard, or something.

Anyone else have a fave scent combo?
Back to top Go down
The Peach

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:28 pm

Manor and Foxcroft are a favorite combo of mine to! A lot of Manor with just a touch of Foxcroft!

I'm going to be interested to see how some of the new winter scents layer. I think Flintlock will be good for layering with some of the sweeter scents!
Back to top Go down
cait

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Manor is hands down the best layering scent! Very Happy I've tried a few combos I like a lot. Here they are:

1. I tried Night Star and Manor today. Love it! Manor seems to warm NS up a bit on my skin.

2. Manor and Lace Draped Spectre is lovely, too.

3. Cenobite and Roasted Chestnuts & Marshmallow is an awesome foody combo.

Back to top Go down
http://www.swatchstorm.blogspot.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Some combinations I have tried recently and liked are:

1. Shoikan Grove and Spellbound Woods (Used the SG perfume oil and the SW glace).
2. Flintlock and Shoikan Grove.
3. Patchouli Sweet Wood and Spellbound Woods

Very interested to try the recommendation of Manor and Night Star!
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:11 am

I love Cenobite with Manor, one of my favorite combos. Everything goes with Cenobite very well for me.

Need to try Manor and Lace Draped Spectre, sounds divine!

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

I haven't done a lot of layering/combining, but one that I really love (and I posted it somewhere else) is:

OLD CLOSETED HIPPIE- Old Cedar Magus & Patchouli

flower

Back to top Go down
Samengage

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 pm

I've got to agree that Manor is wonderful for layering. I love Manor with Foxcroft, too.
I tried Outpost with Manor, and it's quite lovely! And I currently have on Outpost with Spellbound Woods.
Definitely going to try Night Star and Manor next!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:59 am

I think I'm going to try Witch's Cottage and Manor.

I'll report back with my findings!
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:17 pm

AngloAngel wrote:

AA, I highly recommend that combo - it's beautiful, and I'm sure you'll get tons of compliments on it!

Last night, I showered with OCM whipped soap, then put on Thornwood Thicket ganache, and finished with Black Mallow perfume. There were a lot of scents goin' on, but I smelled delicious!

I've also layered Manor with Black Mallow, with great results. Angela's vanilla blends are TDF!

I have a 10-pack perfume sampler coming to me in the order I placed yesterday, so I'm sure I'll have fun trying out different scent combos!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:34 pm

greenphoenix wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:

AA, I highly recommend that combo - it's beautiful, and I'm sure you'll get tons of compliments on it!

Last night, I showered with OCM whipped soap, then put on Thornwood Thicket ganache, and finished with Black Mallow perfume. There were a lot of scents goin' on, but I smelled delicious!

I've also layered Manor with Black Mallow, with great results. Angela's vanilla blends are TDF!

I have a 10-pack perfume sampler coming to me in the order I placed yesterday, so I'm sure I'll have fun trying out different scent combos!

I did get several compliments! Right now, as I'm going Sniffy-sniffy to my wrist, I can smell an incense that I used to burn back east. *Le sigh* I love it!
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 am

Awesome, AA! Yes, that incense note in there just blends so well with the rest of the notes. In fact, I think I'm going to wear that combo tomorrow to work. It'll be my first day back from vacation, so I think I'll need a 'pick-me-up' scent!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Old Cedar Magus & Astral Temple.... I *really* liked that combo!

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 pm

1/2 jar of Blood Bathory Salts and 1 Lush Blackberry Ballistic= TRUE BLOOD!

Try it and you'll understand why it got its name! Smile

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:50 am

Rob wrote:
1/2 jar of Blood Bathory Salts and 1 Lush Blackberry Ballistic= TRUE BLOOD!

Try it and you'll understand why it got its name! Smile

Shocked

Holy... that sounds AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 am

Hi all!

I've been using a few new combinations lately...

Attic & Vanilla Pipe Tobacco is wonderfull....

Library & Devil's Tongue is D.I.V.I.N.E.!! I do that one a lot!

Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:57 pm

My favorite combo is Patchouli Sweet Wood and Amber: woodsy sweet goodness.
Back to top Go down
misslilamae

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 11:37 am

Foxcroft + Cellar

the perfect, perfect scent for a rainy autumn day in the Appalachian mountains, with the leaves just turning golden and a cool breeze coming through the windows. <3
Back to top Go down
http://misslilamae.tumblr.com
misslilamae

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Smoky Mountain Mallow + Cafe Mallowmel
fireside coffee with toasted marshmallows, cozy and smoky and sweet.

Jack and the Devil + High Noon
both of these are kind of "eh" for me on their own; I want to love them, but something just falls flat for me, and they both turn against me on the long dry-down - HN goes powdery, and Jack gets too close to straight patchouli. together, however, these two shine! they complement each other perfectly on the dry-down and wear beautifully all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I've been wearing Manor and Kitchen together lately. I knew the Manor Collection was designed to layer well with the original Manor, but I hadn't really tried them together until recently. The delicious baked foodie notes in Kitchen are really enriched and made more elegant and mysterious with the dusty, sweet woodsiness of Manor. Such a beautiful combo!
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
misslilamae

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:38 am

Manor + Nightgown is so lovely, very feminine without being cloying or overpoweringly flowery.

Witch's Cottage + Cellar

Kitchen + Pumpkin Spice Latte, all warmth and comfort
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:37 am

Someone posted in the Foxcroft review thread about layering Foxcroft with Cellar. Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Sweetkitty

Sweetkitty

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:53 pm

I really enjoy combining Foxcroft and Hand of Darkness especially on rainier days.
 Such an aquatic aroma, they really do pair well together.
Back to top Go down
misslilamae

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Old Havana + Hand of Darkness, perfectly evocative of the Captain's cabin of a pirate vessel during stormy seas, all rich tobacco, exotic smoke, pine tar and sea spray. Both of these are on my wishlist already! Smile
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm

misslilamae wrote:
Old Havana + Hand of Darkness, perfectly evocative of the Captain's cabin of a pirate vessel during stormy seas, all rich tobacco, exotic smoke, pine tar and sea spray. Both of these are on my wishlist already! Smile

Oh! Old Havana is my favorite scent recently. I will definitely try these together. I bet Old Havana tames the Hand of Darkness. I know that one can smell quite literal on its own on initial application!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!   Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness! Empty

Back to top Go down

Layer Upon Layer of SS Goodness!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: Solstice Scents Topics :: SS General Discussion-
Jump to: