Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The arrival of my winter scents haul...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

The arrival of my winter scents haul... Empty
PostSubject: The arrival of my winter scents haul...   The arrival of my winter scents haul... EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:56 pm

... was yesterday, a mere calendar week since I placed the order. Considering that I'm in the UK, on the other side of the Atlantic, this is just incredible. The timing was especially good because my husband left for a week in San Francisco yesterday so I had my oil samples to keep me from getting too lonely. But enough of that anyway and on to the scents!

Rather unfortunately I didn't get too far with my testing before realising that I was coming down with a heavy cold, which put a sudden stop to my fun Evil or Very Mad I did however have chance to do full tests of both Night Star and Roasted Chestnuts & Marshmallow so here are my thoughts:

Night Star: Incense and nutmeg! This is what I'm getting from this oil. It's really rather beautiful, I feel relaxed and uplifted, I've had such a stressful week but this takes the edge off almost instantly. Just lovely. I find that it becomes slightly less incensy and a little more nutmeggy as the hours go by but that's just fine, I don't mind at all. A possible bottle purchase for sure.

Roasted Chestnuts & Marshmallow: Oh wow! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this because I'm not much of a foody lover but this is somehow foody without being foody, I don't know how else to describe it. It's sweet but in a cinnamony/spice sort of way, not a sugary way. It has that beautiful deep nutty smell of roasted chestnuts but this combines with the sweet spice and marshmallow to create something really rather special. I love it. I already bought this in a home fragrance oil (though I can't use it yet as it's a Christmas present) and I will definitely be buying more products in this scent. I already have the sugar scrub in my shopping cart and I'm just trying to work out if my finances can stretch to the ganache too, it's just that good. I'm imagining using the scrub in the bath or shower just before bed then finishing up with a thick layer of the ganache before climbing into bed. The very thought is just heavenly.

And this as far as I got but it was so much fun testing these two and I can only imagine I'm going to find even more to love in the rest of my little parcel flower
Back to top Go down

The arrival of my winter scents haul...
Page 1 of 1