HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Share | 

WITCH'S COTTAGE (Autumn 2011)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rowsdower!

PostSubject: Witches Cottage   Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I bought this perfume without really understanding the description. I guess I got so carried away with MY idea of a witches cottage that I glossed over Angela's wonderfully accurate description.

I was expecting it to be much more savoury and smokey and perhaps a tiny bit of incense. I guess my witch isn't as big a baker as Angela's; she's more of a hedgewitch than a kitchen witch.

When I first smelled it out of the bottle I was so disappointed. It was a very buttery, sweet praline and I thought for sure I would hate it. I didn't- and still don't like the scent of it wet on my skin but LOVE LOVE LOVE it after a couple of minutes. Its a very warm, nutty, sweet herby and buttery scent. It makes me smell like baked buttery goodness all day. I don't get any of the smokiness sadly, but I layer with Smokey Mountain Mallow when I want that note. Sometimes I get a hint ( a teeny weeny weeny hint) of the apples but mainly I get herby baked pastries.

My skin is prone to amping up the sweetness in scents so perhaps a different skin chemistry will show the smoke and tart apple.

A surprise LOVE smell. Its sillage is very good. I slathered it on at work in the morning thinking nobody would be in for a while and my boss walked in an hour later saying 'Oh wow what smells so amazing in here'....oops. It also last for hours and hours. A very warm and cosy foodie scent.
Back to top Go down
claudia6913

PostSubject: Re: WITCH'S COTTAGE (Autumn 2011)   Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:06 am

This is a homey and warm scent. The initial blast is that of tart apples being slowly warmed on a stove, or in a pastry. Delicious. As that subsides, the wood and hearth smoke comes out with a touch of the praline's. At the end it's just this comfortable well loved little scent that just smells like home.
Back to top Go down

WITCH'S COTTAGE (Autumn 2011)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: Solstice Scents Topics :: SS Scent Reviews & Reference-
Jump to: