Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEE STING ICED COFFEE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

BEE STING ICED COFFEE  Empty
PostSubject: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Bee Sting iced coffee keeps me going. It's ultra refreshing in the unfathomably hot and humid Florida summer weather as well. I have been putting cayenne pepper powder in all kinds of things that it doesn't seemingly belong. I found that I really enjoyed the kick it gave when adding it to oatmeal as well.

Bee Sting coffee is very easy to make. You'll simply need:

1. Black, preferably room temperature coffee. This is a great use for leftover a.m. coffee as well. I make one cup of black coffee in a French press in the morning and have recently been only drinking a few sips, then switching it over to an iced coffee once it becomes room temp.

2. Honey. I use the Mesquite Honey from Trader Joe's as I find it is very light in color and neutral in flavor so that it sweetens without adding too strong of a honey flavor. Whatever your favorite honey is will do.

3. Red pepper powder

4. Cream. I use Organic Valley heavy whipping cream. Heavy Whipping Cream is recommended for best results and flavor but half and half or your favorite non-dairy creamer will work if you don't have or prefer not to use heavy whipping cream.

5. Ice cubes

Directions:

In a tall glass add 1 Tbsp. honey, 3 shakes of cayenne pepper powder and your room temperature coffee. Stir well.

Add cream to desired color/taste. I like mine when it achieves a light tan shade. Stir again.

The key to this drink is to fill the rest of the glass generously with ice. Stir very well and be patient while ice chills the coffee perfectly.

The honey sweetens the coffee deliciously and the cayenne pepper gives an awesome spicy kick. The pepper will sink to the bottom so I prefer to drink mine with a straw or keep the spoon in the glass so I can stir it up periodically. This drink is highly addictive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Ooh, thanks for posting this recipe, Angela. I have been wanting to find a good iced coffee recipe after trying to resist the premade (and expensive) iced coffee gallons at the store. I have some really nice honey from a local place that will be great in this.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Yummy!   BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 pm

This sounds delicious-will make it tomorrow! Hot and humid here in Iowa also!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 pm

I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think. It is pretty affordable but you can also control the quality of ingredients so that you don't have to eat refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup or non-organic dairy (if you consume dairy), which I like!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:38 am

This is yummy! I made it yesterday and it is so refreshing! I don't drink dairy so used coconut milk creamer and it was great! Thanks, Angela, for this great recipe-I will be making it again today as it has been hot and humid here in Iowa!
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 pm

I made it today. Three shakes of cayenne would have been too much for me, I think - I just used one and it was the right level of tingly. (or maybe my spice lids' holes are bigger than Angela's?)

Anyway, it was yummy and I drank two big glasses. If I can't sleep tonight, you all know whose fault that will be, right?Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEE STING ICED COFFEE    BEE STING ICED COFFEE  Empty

Back to top Go down

BEE STING ICED COFFEE
Page 1 of 1