Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)

Go down 
+5
Ross W
Loraphant
Liber Vix
jeng
Solstice Scents
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) Empty
PostSubject: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:19 pm

LEMON GINGER CREAMS
Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies Filled With Vanilla-Lemon Cream

Offered as part of the Winter Collection in perfume, glace, ganache, bath soaks and whipped soap.

Vanilla cream filling infused with loads of bright lemon and sandwiched in between two perfectly spicy gingersnap cookies.  On cold sniff and initial application the lemon cream filling is sweet and tart tempered by the vanilla blend.  The gingersnap cookies are the perfect blend of ginger and cinnamon and pair wonderfully with the sweet cream filling.  This fragrance is uplifting and comforting.  The lemon will soften after some time on the skin as the vanilla cream filling becomes more prominent in the dry down.  Lemon Ginger Creams is a great substitute for the discontinued Gingerbread & Vanilla Cream fragrance.  The gingersnap notes are very similar to the gingerbread in Gingerbread & Vanilla Cream.  Lemon Ginger Creams contains real ginger essential oil that smells incredible.  After an hour or so of wear, Lemon Ginger Creams turns into a soft vanilla cream filling scent with only a faint trace of lemon and gingersnap.

LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) Ginger10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
jeng

jeng

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 12:06 am

I have this in the ganache and I love it.  It's a ginger cookie fragrance mixed with a creamy lemon.  I love lemon and ginger, so it's perfect for me. I also have the Dark Gingerspice Cake and love it as well, but it is more earthy.  I think this would be nice in the glace as well, but it is a little similar to Chiffon, which I already have in glace, so I think I'll stick to the ganache.
The ganache is a little light on scent, but I've been slathering it on and it has pretty decent staying power that way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 pm

I'm usually not a huge citrus lover, but I do have a weakness for lemon and ginger. And when combined with a decadent, sweet, cakey-cookie note, well, I am totally in love with this scent. If you like Chiffon, you will probably like this one. I love that it is well suited to the winter months and is very comforting and foodie, but is also very bright and refreshing, and should transition nicely into the spring as well. The scent has a very tart burst of lemon at first with a well blended spiciness from the ginger, but it settles very quickly into this intoxicating, utterly delicious cookie scent. Smells like the real deal. I prefer this one immensely over the Gingerbread and Vanilla Cream, which was nice but kept reminding me of Fig Newtons for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
Loraphant

Loraphant

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 am

Lemon and ginger but no cream. Sad

I bought a full-sized bottle of this unsniffed as I assumed I would like it as I love lemon cream cookies and gingersnap cookies. This was the one scent that, when browsing the Winter catalog, I imediately knew I had to have. That being said, I can't stand lemon or ginger by themselves, I need them to be sweetened down a bit.

On me, this is sharp, pure lemon, before a few spices come out. Then the lemon entirely fades away and it's a weak ginger scent that is ever so slightly sweet and spicy, but not enough to be considered cookie-like. A bit of the lemon then makes a reappearance, but it never reaches anything cookie or vanilla like for me, which was a big disappointment. Ended up mailing it to a friend in Japan who luckily loves lemons and ginger. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 am

I was and I remain a great fan of the original Gingerbread and Vanilla Cream and have stocked up on it since it was announced that it is to be discontinued. Having said that, I find the Lemon Ginger Creams to be just as interesting. It is just as gourmand as the Gingerbread scent, but a step removed from the darker ginger still on offer with Dark Ginger Spicecake. It is indeed reminiscent of a particular brand of biscuits which Angela acknowledged as an inspiration for the new Lemon Ginger Creams. It is very realistic.

One of the things I like so much is the lovely Lemon note which to me me makes this scent more warm weather friendly than either of the other ginger offerings. I note a number of other reviewers have commented that it is also cold weather friendly, but as I have received the fragrance in the height of a southern hemisphere summer, I cannot comment on that yet. As I had previously found both ginger's very unisex in character, I had wondered whether the Lemon Ginger Cream might stray into a sweeter realm. I am glad to say that it doesn't, and males will be familiar with the citrus top note. However like most citrus notes it does not stay for any great length of time and about forty to fifty minutes after application it begins to fade and the ginger comes into prominence. Like a number of Solstice gourmet fragrances, it is a lovely bit of light hearted fun and enjoyable to wear in a casual setting.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:14 pm

A foodie for folks who don't like foodies! The ginger may give it a slight bit of kick, but its it's mostly a delicate cookie with a light lemon cream. It's not heavy in the least and wearable in all kinds of weather.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 6:35 pm

This scent is great! It starts off with a burst of lemon.. A really fresh, bright lemon. After a while the lemon fades and you're left with a delicious ginger cookie scent with just a hint of lemon cream. I looooove the ginger cookie note in this, it is perfect and really true to life! I love ginger cookies so much, so this perfume is great for me!
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:59 pm

This is a lovely gourmand, with just a bit of brightness from the lemon! After a short time the dry down dry down is pure ginger cremey cookie goodness, perfect for a foody like me. True to description, delicious, does not disappoint!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 pm

I've been trying to find a scent that smells like Bella Lucce's Gingerbread Creme body scrub for forever now, and this has the same spiced cookie dough awesomeness to it. The lemon part smells like a powdered sugar glaze with hints of real lemon zest in it. So much *yum.*

It's true, realistic, spiced and sugary, moist gingerbread cookie dough with a little bit of fresh lemon & powdered sugar glaze. So good that it makes my mouth water.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)   LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

LEMON GINGER CREAMS (Winter 2013)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: Solstice Scents Topics :: SS Scent Reviews & Reference-
Jump to: