Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)

Go down 
+2
SolsticeScholar
Solstice Scents
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 5:29 pm

FIRES IN THE NIGHT
Sandalwood, Ginger, Clove, Orange, Amber, Wood Smoke, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Edge of the Night Base

Offered as part of the General Catalog in perfume only.

Burning desire, feral passion and an edge of mystery churn together in this stirring fragrance. Warm ginger, bright orange, clove, cinnamon, smooth sandalwood, amber, sweet tendrils of wood smoke and a touch of aged patchouli stretch luxuriously over a foundation of our Edge of the Night fragrance. Fires in the Night features a melange of warm spices caressed with wood smoke and paired with a large dose of delicate sandalwood. Additional amber and a few drops of aged patchouli add body while the glowing orange top note compliments the ginger and clove and adds a sultry presence to the final composition. This scent contains so many glorious layers that work harmoniously together to produce an amazing sweet, smoky, smoothly-spicy and rich fragrance that warms the heart and senses. The dry down features warm woody and smoky notes that convey the fires aspect of the scent. If you are a fan of Astral Temple and/or Conjure, you might enjoy Fires in the Night. Unisex.

Fires in the Night is the second offering in 'The Night' line. When crafting Edge of the Night, it was clear that it was a fragrance that could stand on its own but also one that would make an incredible darkly sensual foundation for other oils. Used as a base for Fires in the Night, the end result is a sophisticated intensely complex unisex fragrance which contains a total of 31 fragrance and essential oils. Though you can detect Edge of the Night carefully woven into the Fires in the Night blend, Fires in the Night is its own unique spicy, smoky, incensey, glowing fragrance. The Edge of the Night fragrance manifests a deeper, musky, powdery dry down with a green lift and is mildly spicy with no smoke, orange or additional wood notes. After several hours of wear, the two fragrances share a similar character though Fires in the Night maintains a smokier and spicier profile.

The notes in the Edge of the Night base for this fragrance include: amber, oakmoss, aged patchouli, bergamot, black vanilla, red musk, buddha wood, organic clove EO, star anise EO, cinnamon and a nominal amount of lavender absolute and agarwood.

Use caution if applying this fragrance near cuts or broken skin as the spice oils may sting on individuals with sensitive skin.

FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Fitn210
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 12:09 am

Fires in the Night quickly jumped to my short list of favorite SS fragrances. The original Edge of the Night base is readily detectable, but is layered with utterly delicious notes of orange, amber, clove, and ginger. The wood smoke is detectable but not overpowering. In a way, Fires is a more complex and mature version of Astral Temple, though to my nose the amber notes are not as dominant. I far prefer Fires to Astral Temple, though the two would also layer nicely together with Astral Temple adding a boost to the orange, spice, and amber notes already present in Fires.

Angela has been making more and more amazing, complex scents as time goes by, and Fires is surely at the top of the list. My only criticism is that I wish it was available in other products besides perfume! I can't wait to see what other scents will be released in The Night Collection (maybe something for Valentine's Day?)  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:57 am

What an interesting fragrance and combination of notes!

I have been waiting until mid-winter to do a full testing of this fragrance because the range of notes described stuck me as cold weather ones. I guess I should start with acknowledging that, like a number of other Solstice offerings, Fires in the Night has a dual aspect to it and rather a lot going on. It opens with a wonderful familiarity of warmth and depth that this house does so well. The cinnamon is the first note that I was conscious of, but underneath there are woods, vanillas and a glorious musk that provide a superb support. As the fragrance develops, the cinnamon recedes a little and other spices make their debut. There is a hint of cloves to provide a rich warmth and a definite ginger to add to the "fire". I also detect the lavender with its hint of resin. An dried orange peel peeps through next and I am reminded in culinary terms of Chinese Red stock cooking used in braising meats. They too have an extraordinary number of ingredients and depth just as in Fires in the Night. If there was a black pepper used it would not surprise me, but I may be getting confused by a combination of lavender and star anise for that note.

The Patchouli works in harmony with the musk all the time sitting underneath the other ingredients. The whole time I am saying to myself "I know this scent" but of course it is the individual notes that I recognise, not the unique combination. There is a lovely incense vibe to this fragrance which is a delight. I assume that is the "Night" part. Despite this however, the musk ensures that this is a very personal skin friendly fragrance which has a definite romantic, soft side as well.

Last edited by Ross W on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 pm

This reminds me of pleasant memories of campfires and cool fall nights. If you like Smokey Mallow or even Shoikon Grove, give this a whirl. Alas, although I enjoy this intellectually and emotionally, smokey scents aren't in my wheelhouse as they get a little scratchy in my throat.

Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 11:48 am

None of the Night fragrances that I've tried so far have really worked out well on my skin. This smells like lime and ginger candy, baby powder, and lots of really harsh, strong woodsmoke. The woodsmoke gets stronger in the drydown, and it's too much for me.
Back to top Go down
queenshaboo

queenshaboo

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 2:16 am

I'm really torn about this one. I'm an amber hound, and the amber in this is lovely and dark; I also love the bergamot and orange notes which are most prominent on my skin on first application, but my skin amps the star anise (in the Edge of Night base) to high heaven. The anise together with cinnamon and ginger makes this perfume overwhelmingly reminiscent of chinese five spice on my skin. I love it in cooking but in a perfume it makes me uneasy and even a little queasy every time I get a whiff of it, it just makes me want to wash it off right away No .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

FIRES IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1