Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT
Jasmine, Tuberose, Vanilla Orchid, Coconut, White Amber, Sandalwood, Amber & Ylang Ylang on a base of Edge of the Night

The night breeze laced with the essence of jasmine, tuberose and ylang ylang, caressed by whispers of vanilla orchid, white amber, coconut and sandalwood blended with a light base of Edge of the Night and amber.  The result is a very creamy, velvety white floral with a subtle sensual depth provided by the amber and Edge of the Night.  The white amber adds a fresh clean note, the vanilla orchid and coconut sweeten and the sandalwood rounds out the edges.

On cold sniff and initial application, the white florals bloom and are the star notes.  They are propelled by the creamy undercurrent of vanilla orchid, coconut and sandalwood.  The floral notes calm down quickly as the white amber comes forward to add a clean touch.  The dry down is a very soft and subtle sweet white floral with clean white amber and a sensual base of golden amber and Edge of the Night that keeps it from being too heady.

The springtime in north Florida opens with the notes of orange blossom and fresh cut grass showcased in Chrysalis.  As soon as the orange blossoms die off, the confederate jasmine erupts, perfuming the air with the sweetest and most delicate intoxicating floral notes.  Whispers in the Night is inspired by this stage of the spring, when the jasmine has exploded in our yard and its scent can be detected no matter where we stand.

Whispers in the Night is the fifth offering in 'The Night' line.  When crafting Edge of the Night, it was clear that it was a fragrance that could stand on its own but also one that would make an incredible darkly sensual foundation for other oils.  Used lightly as a base for Whispers in the Night, the end result is a sophisticated white floral fragrance which contains a total of 26 fragrance and essential oils.  Though you can detect Edge of the Night carefully woven into the Whispers in the Night blend, primarily after it has been on the skin for a while, Whispers in the Night is its own unique, creamy, sweet white floral fragrance with a sensual musky base and clean white amber finish.  The Edge of the Night fragrance worn alone manifests a deeper, musky, powdery dry down with a green lift and is mildly spicy as compared to Whispers.  After several hours of wear, the two fragrances share a similar character though Whispers in the Night maintains a much lighter and sweeter character due to the gourmand and floral notes used.

The notes in the Edge of the Night base for this fragrance include: amber, oakmoss, aged patchouli, bergamot, black vanilla, red musk, buddha wood, organic clove EO, star anise EO, cinnamon and a nominal amount of lavender absolute and agarwood.

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Winthp10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:59 am

Can't believe there's no review on this one yet! I just bought a full bottle and really like it. On me this is a cross between a more demure version of Nightgown and Snowmint Mallow. It's got the creamy coconut of Snowmint, but although it doesn't actually have mint, still reads as "cool" on my skin. It has the white floral feel of Nightgown, but the headiness and "bigness" of Nightgown isn't always appropriate for close settings, while this one is. If you like either Snowmint or Nightgown give this a try.
Back to top Go down
mermaidhair9

PostSubject: Re: WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

I tried my sample of Whispers in the Night this afternoon. On cold sniff, I can tell you, it's a beautiful fragrance. Typically not something I would have ordered on my own, mostly because I do not gravitate towards these scents, except maybe Tuberose. The description is exactly on point. When I put it on, it brought me back to my childhood. My parents would sometimes go out to dinner on Saturdays, or have special events for my father's business. They would get dressed up so fancy. I always remember my mother smelling so beautiful. I would say, for me, this fragrance is not an everyday scent. I call this Date Night perfume. When you're all dressed up, going out to a special restaurant, or party. That's what it makes me feel like. It's an incredibly unique and special scent. It's not too sweet or too flowery. In the beginning, it smells exactly like the cold sniff, the Tuberose is prominent to me, but then, it slowly grows into this feminine, subtle, sexy scent. I think the White Amber and the Vanilla really stand out. I can't really smell the sandalwood or the coconut in this, but, of course, every scent is different for everyone. It's a sexy, warm, scent to me. So happy I tried it.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 am

On me, this is a very warm, very baby powdery, very sweet, tropical vanilla musk type of scent. Warm, soft, and cottony. The vanilla orchid, tuberose and ylang ylang give it a tropical floral edge in the drydown. I can't smell coconut exactly, but it does have a monoi oil vibe. Musky, vanilla-sweet, tropical floral, powder.

This is nice, but too powdery for my tastes, and I much prefer Nightgown for a sweet, sultry, tropical floral.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)   WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

WHISPERS IN THE NIGHT (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1