Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)

Go down 
+26
Ross W
theredkilt
amandabear
rinster
Jesse
ElMalOjo
elliejelly
WillowMetals
ZombieMistress
justbeforesunset
misslilamae
Harvest
Sofa Nymph
Fascinoma
katmish
The Peach
LittleBird
movezerb
OfTheAllies
DancingFox
snowy
AngloAngel
Chacha
Rob
zombiesinatra
Solstice Scents
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) Empty
PostSubject: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:30 pm

FOXCROFT
Ozone, Rustling Leaves, Rich Black Soil, Chimney Smoke

Originally offered as part of the Autumn 2011 Collection in Perfume, Glace, Ganache, Whipped Soap and Salts, it is now available as a recurring fragrance for autumn

Description: If you've ever wished to literally bathe in the essence of a late-afternoon Autumn day, Foxcroft is for you. An incredible blend of ozone, rich black soil, rustling leaves and chimney smoke, Foxcroft is at once cool air coupled with firey red, orange and golden leaves, a sweet sharp green note, fertile wet dirt and a touch of woods laced with the intoxicating smoke from fireplaces burning throughout the countryside.  This fragrance is strong on cold sniff and application but calms down after a little time on the skin and softens on the dry down.

Foxcroft is very potent upon cold sniff and initial application! At the beggining, it smells of very wet decaying leaves but on the skin it will evolve into a softer and more wearable scent with the soft smoke notes coming out. Please make sure to skin test this one for the full true experience!

Foxcroft was inspired by a beautiful quaint small town in Maine.

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) Foxcro10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
zombiesinatra

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Out of all the scents from the autumn line I thought I was going to like this one the least but I was so wrong. I love this and out of all of the scents from this autumn, this one is by far my favorite.

At first sniff you definitely get that wet soil feel but there is something smokey in the background keeping it from smelling too much like you just rolled around in the dirt. As soon as it hits my skin it goes smokey, and woodsy with the slightest hint of sweetness I just can't place. Every time I wear this I find myself sniffing my wrist like crazy. I wish I could describe it better because seriously it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:38 pm

(reposted from my SS Fall contest blog)

Let me just start by saying WOW! I just LOVE this scent. If you want a scent that morphs like MANOR, this is it!

This is not a scent to just open the bottle, take a whiff and decide whether you like it or not. It's very hard for me to pick out the actual scent notes in this blend... this is more of a sensory recall. When I first took a whiff, I was almost slapped in the face with a green note, but not a spring type of green. It's a bit darker, which instantly tells you this isn't going to be what you expect.

After a few minutes, the green note subsides a bit, but I can still smell it there. In addition, the other notes start to bloom... and like Gehenna, it morphs into something beautiful... combining together to create the perfect smell of an Autumn day. The smoke note reminded me of how in Fall when I was growing up, our neighbors would burn their dried leaves in their backyard.

This scent is not dark, but not bright either... perfect for Fall. It's woodsy, crisp, damp and smokey. Perfect for my favorite time of year. Another scent that has quickly become a favorite!

Side Note: Angela was right about the bath salts and whipped soap being different than the perfume. They are much darker (which of course I love), but still give the impression of an autumn... perhaps a cloudy, cooler day.
Back to top Go down
Chacha

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:32 pm

This one is so interesting. This perfume smells like Fall. It truely does.
It smells like rain on stone and damp soil, you know that particular smell of the crips autumn air.
I smell lots of ferns, wood and leaves, wet leaves. It smells like fresh air!
This perfumes embodies the feeling of things changing. An feeling of unexpected sharpness, a swift elation and a sense of sadness and departure.
The perfume slowly changes to a sweeter and more comforting scent. There's a hint of smoke and I smell licorice and that salty caramel again, but now not as sweet as in Witch's Cottage.
Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:09 pm

I can't wait to try this! I was born and bred in New England (Born Maine, Raised New Hampshire) and, just from the descriptions alone, I can see myself waiting at the end of my driveway, in the crisp Autumn air of a weekday morning, waiting for the school bus to arrive. I love you Those were some good times and I can't wait to relive some of those moments through this scent!
Back to top Go down
snowy

snowy

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:09 pm

I simply adore Foxcroft. I had to have it in both perfume and Glace. This is the ultimate scent of green woods, green green green! Evergreen, green vines, ripening in autumn - all of it. I will wear this through Christmas for sure.
Back to top Go down
DancingFox

DancingFox

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:25 am

Simply because of its name, I couldn't wait to try this one! Along with its description, it sounded right up my alley!

I've only worn it twice so far, but I've adored it both times. I've also received great compliments on it!
Personally, I automatically think of pine trees. Not Christmas trees, though... More of a 'deep in the forest dark fir' type of pine. It certainly is "foxy," too. It shifts scents on my skin after a few moments, turning into something a little more like the dampness of the forest floor, but still fresh and inviting.

I think this one has the potential to become one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DancingVulpine
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Last night I did a COMPLETE Foxcroft bath experience and o.m.g. talk about how this one is different in each product!

I started with the Foxcroft bath salts, which are very woodsy, earthy and dark with just a hint of smoke. After a long soak, I washed off with the whipped soap which was very much like the bath salts, but not as dark.

Out of the shower I used the glace, which had all the elements of the salts and whipped soap, but there was a much stronger smokey note with just a hint of green.

I thought "oh what the hell... get the perfume oil and experience it all". As soon as I applied it, I was once again greeted with that strong green note, followed by the smoke, leaves, woods and earth. It brought all of the other products together... almost as if they were all parts of the total scent! It was a.m.a.z.i.n.g!

Lush tried to do this earlier this year on purpose with their men's "Dirty" range and for me, it failed horribly. It amazes me that Solstice Scents did it without even NOTICING! Smile

cheers to such an amazing scent which has quickly become one of my absolute favorites!

Back to top Go down
OfTheAllies

OfTheAllies

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Autumn 2011)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:23 pm

To some people, fall is all about pumpkin, cinnamon, black licorice and other foodie scents. I am not one of those people. I am not one of those people. For me, the most nostalgic parts of autumn smell like dried leaves, apple cider and a hayride. But the rest of the time, it smells pretty much exactly like Foxcroft; cool and damp with wet leaves and smoke from a wood stove. This is walking around my tree filled neighborhood on Halloween its cold and dark but the air is unbelievably crisp and filled with the scent of dirt and leaves that have long since fallen from large maples. To anyone who had a similar childhood in a temperate climate, Foxcroft might even be surprisingly comforting. This one is easily Solstice perfume (I haven't tried the Foxcroft body products... yet).
Back to top Go down
movezerb

movezerb

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:50 am

That scent is the most incredible scent I've ever smelled !
For my first Solstice order, I chose 4 samples and Foxcroft was one of them.
I must say it was the best choice ever !
This perfume smells like forest, real forest ! It's like a long walk in the forest, after a light rain, with all the wet moss and dried leaves on the ground... I'm crazy about that smell that makes me sniff my wrists all day long Very Happy
For me who live in city center and who miss nature, it's a real pleasure to escape thanks to this amazing perfume !
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:32 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
I can't wait to try this! I was born and bred in New England (Born Maine, Raised New Hampshire) and, just from the descriptions alone, I can see myself waiting at the end of my driveway, in the crisp Autumn air of a weekday morning, waiting for the school bus to arrive. I love you Those were some good times and I can't wait to relive some of those moments through this scent!

Boy, howdy! She wasn't kidding when she said it was strong on cold sniff! near 'bout knocked mah socks off (If I was wearing any! LOL). I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds me of something I've experienced in my life... I just can't figure out what yet. No matter, I still love it!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:43 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:

Boy, howdy! She wasn't kidding when she said it was strong on cold sniff! near 'bout knocked mah socks off (If I was wearing any! LOL). I can't quite put my finger on it, but it reminds me of something I've experienced in my life... I just can't figure out what yet. No matter, I still love it!

AA, what do you think of the dry down and how it morphs??? That's what flips me out about this scent!!

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Rob wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:

AA, what do you think of the dry down and how it morphs??? That's what flips me out about this scent!!

You know, there's this... sparkle... that has held on the entire dry down that is just driving my memory batty! I'm not sure if it's a woodsy note or what, but I am loving it! As for the rest of the notes... I started off with a grass scent and not a fresh cut grass like so many others try to pull off. It's more like if you left the grass clippings outside for a few days... and pinecones for some reason. It's awesome!

I just figured out what the 'sparkle' is! It reminds me of Ocean Salt!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:18 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
Rob wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:
AngloAngel wrote:

You know, there's this... sparkle... that has held on the entire dry down that is just driving my memory batty! I'm not sure if it's a woodsy note or what, but I am loving it! As for the rest of the notes... I started off with a grass scent and not a fresh cut grass like so many others try to pull off. It's more like if you left the grass clippings outside for a few days... and pinecones for some reason. It's awesome!

I just figured out what the 'sparkle' is! It reminds me of Ocean Salt!

Scratch Ocean Salt! It smells like Spring!! As the snow begins to melt and reveal the hidden leaf litter from the previous fall... it's the sparkle of the snow, the damp of the decomposing leaves... the cold wetness of a cord of firewood that has been left out to season...

I couldn't believe that I didn't get this until now! Thank you, Angela! I love this fragrance!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 pm

I didn't care for this fragrance in the bath salts, but it's so soft and lovely in the edp perfume. It smells just like playing in a leaf pile after you've raked up a yard full of dead leaves. It has the soft, spicy, dry warmth of true leaves. There's a little hint of green, like laying on a bed of dying grass, covered in dead leaves, and something about this fragrance is so warm and cozy. I want to say it's a warm musk note, but this isn't really musky on me at all. It's like a warm winter coat was somehow bottled and added into this, lol.

Spicy, dry, dead leaves, a hint of the softest green grass ever, you wearing a warm coat and snuggling down into those leaves, breathing in leaf and fall air... all soft and cozy and warm.

I don't get any of the damp or earthy notes in the edp that overwhelmed in the salts. I have an awful time wearing leaf/grass scents when they're very green, as they usually turn sour on my skin, but this isn't a green fragrance on me. It's dead leaves and fall air and being bundled up and warm.

Last edited by LittleBird on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:02 pm

LittleBird wrote:
I seem to be the only one who doesn't love this scent, but I actually wound up giving my Foxcroft bath salts away, because I disliked the scent so much. It smells like wet, rotting leaves to me, with a bit of wet dirt. I usually like fall leaf and dirt scents, but this one was a bit too wet & decaying for me...

LB- Have you tried Foxcroft in the perfume oil? It's really quite different from the salts, soap or glacé. The dry down of the perfume oil is much less wet and dirty smelling. You should request it as your free sample with your next order and see what you think!

Back to top Go down
The Peach

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm new to the forum, but had to jump in on this one! I ADORE this scent! When I first got my sample of it, I set it aside in my pile of iffy scents. But I am a firm believer that you have to give each fragrance a chance on your skin. I fell in love with this after I had a chance to wear it!

Foxcroft is such a different and unique scent. It smells very fresh and green. But it also has the smoke and earty notes to it. Such a great fall fragrance! And definitely one of my favorites from Solstice Scents! I like layering just a bit of Foxcroft with Manor. That has been my go to for fall!
Back to top Go down
katmish

katmish

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:16 pm

LittleBird wrote:
I seem to be the only one who doesn't love this scent, but I actually wound up giving my Foxcroft bath salts away, because I disliked the scent so much. It smells like wet, rotting leaves to me, with a bit of wet dirt. I usually like fall leaf and dirt scents, but this one was a bit too wet & decaying for me...

Unfortunately, Foxcroft didn't work for me either although I so much wish that it had. I just tried a sample of the perfume oil, but it smelled similar to what you described only with a sweetened note.

(I guess if we were all the same it would be boring, right?!)
Back to top Go down
Fascinoma

Fascinoma

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 am

I love it. I've been looking for a straightforward autumn dead smokey leaves and dirt scent. A lot of companies have autumn leaf based oils, but they contain sugar. sweet fruit or nut notes. I wondered how hard it was just to make a perfume that invokes the spirit of fall and raking up leaves with a bit of smoke and forest in the air.

Well, I guess it is hard. Been looking for years and finally found it. It's perfect. I am getting a bottle of it post haste.
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:16 pm

I wore this a month ago out for a walk on a slightly damp autumn afternoon and I have to say that it really does capture that scent perfectly! It's not for me though, I love the scent of damp earth and wet leaves when out walking but I don't want to smell like it all the time. Awesome skill here from Angela though, it's spot on.
Back to top Go down
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Ohhhh this is wonderful! I wasn't sure if this one would be going away at all, so I nabbed a bottle (unsniffed, big gamble, but based on the samples I'd tried I thought it might be safe). It came in today, and I had to put this on immediately.

I definitely get a lot of dirt (clean dirt, like really good potting soil), but the green rides along the dirt and sweetens it and so does an additional sweet note. I'm also getting a faint whiff of wet leaves. I'm not getting much smoke, and the dirt seems to be the strongest (so far), but the other notes round out the perfume in such a beautiful way.

It's definitely unusual, but not so unusual it can't be worn. This is lovely, so very lovely, and since I'm a contrary person I have a feeling I'm going to love this in the spring.
Back to top Go down
misslilamae

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 am

I wanted so badly to love Foxcroft, but it's too much for me on its own, pure dirt and decaying leaves, wild and wet and, on my skin, not exactly wearable or even pleasant.

However! I discovered today that it's excellent as a layering scent. Underneath Cellar, it becomes the essence of a rainy fall day, all wet leaves and cool breezes and crisp apples, sweet woodsmoke off in the distance. and I have an idea that it will be wonderful with floral or green scents, anywhere you'd want to add notes of good dirt and wet ozone to complete your olfactory atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
http://misslilamae.tumblr.com
justbeforesunset

PostSubject: Smells like a Wet Autumn Day   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:14 pm

I ordered Foxcroft in perfume form blindly, and it was a good decision! I get out of it wet leaves, dirt, and forest. It is really atmospheric, and is one of those scents that calls to mind more of an experience or location rather than "this just smells good". I absolutely love it, and don't let the dirt/leaves throw you off- you don't realize how GOOD that wet leaves and moist earth smell is until you're walking around on a rainy autumn day.
Back to top Go down
ZombieMistress

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Body Ganache:
I'm not sure what I really was expecting with this one but I knew it sounded great. When I applied it to my skin it was more subtle than I thought it might be but that's not a bad thing at all. It's not a “smoky” blend to me so if you're concerned about that then for me, it's not a predominant note. I think that just adds a bit of the richness to it. I get more of the Ozone and Woods notes first and then on the back end of the smell the soil, leaves and smoke. I could see this as a nice “everyday” warm with a hint of sexy blend.
Back to top Go down
WillowMetals

WillowMetals

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I have this scent in bath salts. It is wonderful! It totally smells like taking a walk in the woods or forest during the fall. It is all leaves, soil, and woods, with a hint of woodsmoke in it. It also has a dampness to the scent. This is an awesome scent for autumn!!! Very outdoorsy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowmetals.etsy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) Empty

Back to top Go down

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next