Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)

Go down 
+26
Ross W
theredkilt
amandabear
rinster
Jesse
ElMalOjo
elliejelly
WillowMetals
ZombieMistress
justbeforesunset
misslilamae
Harvest
Sofa Nymph
Fascinoma
katmish
The Peach
LittleBird
movezerb
OfTheAllies
DancingFox
snowy
AngloAngel
Chacha
Rob
zombiesinatra
Solstice Scents
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
elliejelly

elliejelly

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 am

I feel silly for not having reviewed this before, because this is probably the very first perfume I ever ordered from Solstice a few years back (oh my, has the addiction been around for THAT long? Embarassed ).

Ever wanted a fragrance that smelled cool and chilly, but doesn't have mint in it? Foxcroft has definitely got you covered. Provided you like everything else in the blend!

Definitely a very wet, earthy and leafy blend, and is rather unique in a world where most people associate perfume with florals, resins and foody notes. The leafy note in this is absolutely perfect, it smells crunchy as well as the thought that these are the leaves fallen to the ground, and been trodden into the wet sidewalk or dirt. The ozone is very crisp and gives it a little bit of crackle and zing, just like how sometimes an autumn morning almost takes the breath out of you because it's so crisp and refreshing. Everytime I've worn this, I've never really picked up on the smoke that is noted, what mainly comes across on my skin are the leaves, and the wet damp soil. I agree with the listing, that when you wear it, it does become softer. However I still find the leaves to be mostly what I smell in the dry down, just not as intense.
Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
ElMalOjo

ElMalOjo

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:36 am

I was excited to try Foxcroft; how I love the smell of rain hitting soil - ozone, but not overpowering. Foxcroft started out this way on me, but very lightly. Almost undetectable. If it had stayed this way, I would have loved this perfume...alas, it did not. I'll admit, I am one for girly scents. To me, Foxcroft is more of a manly scent - the woods are heavy in this one, although I cannot pick up the smoke smell that other are detecting. On me, after about an hour it just turned pungent.

If you like a heavier, woodsy, manly smell, this is for you.
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:29 am

This may be my favorite scent of my whole collection. I have never found another scent that so perfectly captures the feeling of a fall day in the country. It makes me think of a foggy morning, or twilight hour. So many perfumers shy away from true outdoor scents, I am glad this one is straight up fresh air, smoke and wood.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:51 pm

This one's a morpher!  I'm amazed how well it captures the scent of damp fallen leaves.  I love to layer this with a rose scent and it becomes a wistful farewell to summer.  After a few hours, it loses it's realistic damp leaf smell and becomes more like a traditional perfume.  It's nice, but the realistic leaf stage is my favorite part.
Back to top Go down
amandabear

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 11:04 am

Foxcroft is one of my all-time favorites from Solstice Scents or anywhere else. I'm a huge fan of atmospheric, earthy scents that are meant to evoke the seasons, and Foxcroft is a shining example of that genre. It smells exactly like fall. Exactly. Damp, dark soil, misty air, crunchy leaves - all of it. I like to layer the ganache with the glace with the perfume after a shower with the whipped soap and literally just cocoon myself in a bubble of the smell of fall. Angela is a wizard in general, but I have to tip my hat extra hard for this one.

I'm so glad it's at least a recurring seasonal scent, because I think if I ever ran out I might literally cry.
Back to top Go down
theredkilt

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:27 pm

I'm not a fan of dirt scents, but i took a chance with Foxcroft. I think Focroft and me are not going to be friends. It goes all aquatic/damp soil on me and seriously is gag-inducing. Foxcroft, i don't think we're meant to be together ... Sad

Update: one week later - the oil smells completely different. It's very similar to Cellar minus the apple and pear notes. I'm truly blown away - it reminds me of the dampness you can usually smell in cellars or caves but with a tad more chilly air. I will gladly use up the sample vial flower
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:55 am

I feel remiss in not reviewing this fragrance earlier as I had been wanting its return rather badly. My wait was worth it. Foxcroft is indeed an atmospheric watercolour of autumn scents. Deftly handled by Angela (as always) it is an amalgum of tangible soil, damp leaves and the whisper of a distant smoke trail. It makes you feel the cool, moist air of the countryside. Balanced somewhat by the warmer wood note, it is clear that this is a wearable fragrance for enjoying rather than a snapshot of an evening in the fields. I think it is more evocative of the turn of the season into winter when the richness of autumn harvests has passed and the fading of the year than the real thing. It is a very special fragrance for recalling the feeling of autumn before the frosts and crisp air herald winter. I appreciate it as much as I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

The first word that came to mind when I smelled this was "pretty". It is definitely outdoorsy smelling, but it's a delicate, sweet, pretty outdoorsy scent if that makes sense. It has a sweetness to it that I can't quite place. It almost reminds me a bit of Library, but I'm not sure why. I definitely smell something green but I can't pick out any of the other individual notes, but they are blended together beautifully.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm

This was a scent that I was curious about, but the notes didn't really sound like something I would want to wear on a daily basis. I was so wrong! I ordered the whipped soap and a sample first. At first sniff of the soap, it has some of the same green and cool elements of Cellar, without the jarring apple or patchouli, so I was pretty stoked about that. But the oil sample.....WOW....it is beautiful. It really captures a fall day but in an extremely wearable way- this is a perfume after all. On my skin, the dirt note doesn't amp, but it provides a nice earthy depth. It is intoxicating. This is a brilliant scent by Angela, and I immediately ordered the full size roller, another soap, and the glace.
Back to top Go down
queenshaboo

queenshaboo

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Thought I'd love this but it's all pinesol, Fa bath salts or toilet spray on me, no hint of dirt, leaves or autumn at all. I'm glad I tried it tho because I've always disliked ozone-y fresh scents and now I know that my skin doesn't like them either.
Back to top Go down
tessture

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 5:38 pm

I adore this one. It's like being outside at night in autumn. I live in the Pacific NW, so the woody, loamy aspects of this are exactly like a forest at night. It has the dirt notes, too, but not so strongly that I can't wear it as a personal scent. I did try the Foxcroft Intense, but it's a bit less airy and fresh so i didn't like it as much. SO glad to see Foxcroft back!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)   FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FOXCROFT (Recurring Autumn)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2