Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)

Go down 
+6
Ross W
Georgie
FarleyForever
rinster
Jesse
Solstice Scents
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Empty
PostSubject: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:33 am

OWL CREEK ALEWORKS
Sticky English Toffee Pudding, Blackburn's Parlor Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramel, Toasted Coconut & Hazelnut, Sugared Pumpkin Cream Stout

Owl Creek Aleworks offers a delicious twist on English sticky toffee pudding. Toffee pudding consists of moist cake filled with sticky caramel-like chopped dates and smothered with a decadent toffee sauce. Owl Creek Aleworks serves theirs paired with locally made vanilla ice cream from Blackburn's Parlor topped with toasted coconut and crushed hazelnuts. Wash it down with a tall glass of Owl Creeks' Sugared Pumpkin Cream Stout, made with pumpkin's from Gunnerson's Pumpkin Patch!

Owl Creek Aleworks opens with a combination of toasted hazelnut, toffee and caramelly-dates when first applied. Toasted coconut, vanilla ice cream and a bit of gooey cake come forward after a few minutes to meld with the hazelnut and toffee notes. Sweet malt with a touch of spice and sugared pumpkin weaves in and out through the aforementioned notes to represent the Sugared Pumpkin Cream Stout. The stout portion of this fragrance does not smell like actual beer or alcohol but rather the sweet malt and raw ingredients that go together prior to fermentation. This gourmand blend has a very autumnal scent representing the color brown: dark stout, sticky toffee sauce, toasted hazelnut and coconut, thick malt and brown cake studded with dates.

The hazelnut fades and the dry down features toffee, toasted coconut, cake, pumpkin cream stout and a hint of caramel. Owl Creek Aleworks does not morph tremendously from initial application.

Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Owlcre10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:46 am

I usually steer clear of sweet, foody scents but I wanted to try all of the Autumn Festival collection so I threw a sample of this in my order. What a surprise! The foody quality of this scent is tempered by something that seems wood-like to my nose, creating the impression of warm desserts in an old ale house. It's grounded in the same way that Maplewood Inn is, keeping it from being overly sweet. I actually wore it to a local craft beer bar and while I was enjoying a pumpkin milk stout, I could pick out some of those malty, grainy notes. This ended up being a big bottle order!
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:18 pm

I've been fighting a sinus infection and haven't been able to give proper reviews for the autumn release.

Owl Creek is very much as described, it's a bit hoppy, a little buttery, but surprisingly not overly sweet. It's a gentle foody!
Back to top Go down
FarleyForever

FarleyForever

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh, I really like this one. Yup. This is a keeper. Warm, sweet, salty even. Who wouldn't want to smell like toasted coconut, vanilla ice cream, and sugared pumpkin cream stout?!
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:10 pm

When I first opened the bottle to smell this one I was so tempted to just drink it. That's how good it smells. It seriously smells soooo delicious! Buttery toffee and vanilla ice cream and pumpkin stout.... So good. My only problem with this scent is that it doesn't last very long on me and dries down to just plain vanilla. But it's still awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 7:28 am

Wow!

It's rich, sweet and more-ish. So much so that I am having trouble dissecting individual notes. There are suggestions of toasted coconut, suggestions of hazelnut (actually a suggestion of hazelnut syrup) and something sweeter than toffee, which to my nose often has an ever so slightly burnt, buttery hint you sometimes get with quality, darker caramels. For readers familiar with Golden Syrup, there are suggestions of that scent as well.

Owl Creek Aleworks is even sweeter to begin with that I had imagined and almost strays into floral areas with the degree of sweetness. Though Angela describes the malt note, I don't pick that up at all, which is a good thing as I hate the smell of malt. There is however a Hop note that I think I can detect which is most enjoyable. I also do not detect the scent of dates directly, though certainly the sugared richness that mimics that of dates.

At about the fifteen minute mark, the intensity dies down and a little bit of pumpkin emerges. The buttery richness remains as a subtle link to the gourmand and the vanilla emerges as a key player. I have never tasted or smelled Sugared Pumpkin Cream Stout so have no idea whether it smells like this fragrance or not.

Compared to the intense opening,the drydown is quite subtle and it is at this point that in my mind, the "colour" changes from an intense gold to a subtle tan. I love the way the aura of toasted coconut lingers at this point.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 10:45 am

This didn't work for me in perfume oil (turned waxy/plasticy and reminded me of candles), but the edp, OH GOD THE EDP. Owl Creek Aleworks EDP might be my favorite thing from Solstice Scents, but I have so many loves; it is in the top five, at least.

Owl Creek Aleworks edp smells like eating the most luscious sticky toffee pudding ever. It's buttery, silky toffee-caramel, a pinch of salt, the most subtle and pleasant hint of cinnamon spice (spices amp up on me, but it's so well behaved and subtle here). Warm and smooth and the most decadent and perfect gourmand. It smells silky. It smells amazing. I want to hoard dozens of bottles of this.

I've been wearing this so much since I got it, on its own and layered with scents like Ambra del Nepal and it is THE perfect fall/winter gourmand.

Amazing. You must try this.

Last edited by LittleBird on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:50 pm

Ohhh I love this one. It's smooth, creamy, warm, sweet, and so delicious smelling that I just can't not sniff my arm when I'm wearing it. I don't normally think of scents in colors, but for whatever reason I think of this one as almost a light brown--like the color of cream soda but a little darker. I get every note, though the toasted coconut just lends a general warmth, rather than a strong coconut (or often on me, sunscreen) note. I was intrigued by the pumpkin stout, but it just makes the blend smooth and creamy; I think that, paired with the hazelnut, is the "brown" smell I get, and it's comforting and wonderful. One of my favorites. A++.
Back to top Go down
neveryoung

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 7:27 pm

On my skin this is a sweet blend of many delicious things. I get vanilla ice cream, malty stout, toffee, coconut, cake, and brown sugar. It stays pretty consistent from application to dry down, though the brown sugar note seems to amplify over time. This is more of a warm, mellow gourmand than one that is super sweet and in-your-face. I would definitely say that “brown” accurately describes it, as does hearty. I’ve tried over 20 SS fragrances and so far Owl Creek Aleworks is my absolute favorite.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

This is a very sweet gourmand scent that smells exactly as described.  The malt amps on me in a sour way somehow though, and I wish some of the initial scents lasted longer.  I prefer to layer this with Estate Vanilla to take a little edge off the malty dry-down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Empty

Back to top Go down

Owl Creek Aleworks (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)
Page 1 of 1