Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)

Go down 
+6
Ross W
Liber Vix
rinster
April
Jesse
Solstice Scents
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Empty
PostSubject: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 am

RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE
Moist Dirt, White Carnations, Fallen Leaves, Bare Branches, Hay & a Hint of Pressed Apples Carried on the Breeze from Corvin's Apple Orchard

The Riverside Hayride is an annual nighttime outing that commences at full dark at Corvin's Apple Orchard.  Corvin takes participants on an adventure through Riverside Cemetery, which neighbors his orchard.  The hayride winds through the cemetery then hugs the north river until just past the Maine Moon Drive-In whereupon the ride shifts to the left and continues past Oak Pond and Gunnerson's Pumpkin Patch, finally culminating at the Gibbon's Boarding School where the Bandstand Juniors are hosting a haunted house in the west wing of this formidable institution.

Riverside Hayride opens with a potent blend of moss, wet dirt, stone and fallen leaves.   White carnations, bare branches and hay quickly follow.  A very subtle trace of pressed apples carried on the breeze from Corvin's apple orchard arrives after a few minutes of wear.  As the blend settles on the skin, the strong earthy outdoors notes are tamed a bit, allowing for the white carnation, wood and hay notes to become more apparent.  The apple top note disappears.  A thin line of woodsmoke permeates the blend on the dry down.  Riverside Hayride is a very literal earthy outdoors blend with dirty carnation and November wind.  If you enjoy our heavier and more realistic green earthy scents such as Foxcroft and Crumbling Crypt, try Riverside Hayride.  Fans of Dellamorte may also appreciate it as an even darker green, earthy, woody, white carnation blend.  Very atmospheric.  Unisex.

RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Rivers10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:52 am

On first whiff, I did the happy dance because this smelled like Foxcroft's sister! The apple scent comes out subtly and accompanies the fall air and leaves throughout wear. On the dry down, I smell stone and apple and it reminds me of Cellar. Can you smell fog? Because that's what this smells like to me. It's a beautiful interpretation of a gloomy Autumn day near an orchard and I am glad I ordered a bottle!
Back to top Go down
April

April

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:06 am

Like a Star @ heaven Riverside Hayride, the description of white carnations, moist dirt and fallen leaves in this fragrance made me know I had to order it, so, first I tried the ganache. Wearing this alone, makes for a joyful scent that attracts your senses all day long! I was not certain what notes were most dominant for me, but after wearing this for about a week, I keep catching the hint of pressed apples and the white carnation. Along with the ganache, I ordered a sample of the perfume. Being a little slow to warm up to new fragrances, I tried the sample perfume to get a stronger, longer lasting affect. As I write this post, I can't wait to receive the full perfume bottle, that I just could not get off my mind!  I can see that I would order this lovely creation again. Hope Riverside Hayride either becomes a fall mainstay or even better, a member of the general catalog. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:22 pm

I didn't have high hopes for this initially one because I don't tend to enjoy dirt/leaf scents, but this surprised me. You've heard of a portrait in scent? This is a landscape in scent. It's like I can smell the chill night air. This is so evocative!
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 3:11 pm

(cross posted from my blog http://libervix.blogspot.com/2014/11/solstice-scents-foxcrofts-autumn.html)
Swoon. Solstice Scents does atmospheric so well. I don't really think of florals in the fall. Mostly it's the usual gourmands and spices, maybe some dirt thrown in. Florals? Not so much. But for me, carnation always translates into a wistful, haunting, slightly melancholy floral, so what better flower to evoke a mysterious nighttime hayride? This smells really elegant to me, and while it sets the scene of the Riverside Hayride perfectly literally with the breezes and dirt and whiff of apples, it also just smells like a really classy perfume. The white carnation is sweet, delicate, and invigorating rather than super spicy/clove-y. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:13 am

This is the third of Angela's poetic and hauntingly evocative autumnal landscapes. Like Covered Bridge and Foxcroft, she masterfully weaves both a narrative and natural vista of the Town of Foxcroft in the late fall.

Dirt, leaves and dampness are the immediate opening notes setting the scene. Quickly there are notes of the warm spice/clove hints of carnation and the sweetness of hay rising from the cart in which you are riding. Hints of wood now appear as if suggesting the wood from the cart. As the cart journeys in the dusk these is the smell of apples.

I agree most wholeheartedly with Angela's comment about affinities with the gloriously beautiful and haunting Dellamort fragrance. If Dellamort reminds me of the hope of a new dawn, the Riverside hayride is the peace and quiet of the gloaming before night falls.

It appears, like all great art to be effortlessly natural as if someone was just waiting to capture this magic moment.
Back to top Go down
rebeccax

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Personal preference- this was my favorite over covered bridge, library, and attic. That's because here the focus is less on wood and more on green. If that's what you're looking for here it is. Starts off in a greenhouse. An old crumbling greenhouse. Solstice Scents says this is like Crumbling Crypt. I've never smelled Crumbling Crypt but I can see the idea of that.

The hay pops up shortly after. Green and dirt and moss and from Riverside Hayride wouldn't you know it- a river! A real winner for me.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:11 pm

Floral dirt and apples. Not a combination I ever would have expected to like, and not something I'll be purchasing in a full size, but my sample definitely gets the occasional use! When first applied the apples are the strongest note. Within a few minutes I lose most of that, but I can still detect it in the background lending a sweetness to the mix. The white carnations and fallen leaves scent are what I'm left with, with a certain dampness and of course, the dirt. After a couple of hours, I'm left with slightly spicy carnations and a hint of the dirt lingering in the background. It's very feminine to me, in a weird and lovely way!
Back to top Go down
holly s

PostSubject: my new fall fav   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:42 pm

I am in LOVE with this scent!! my new fall favorite for sure. if you like the damp stone of Cellar, or were a fan of Lace-draped specter - you should check this out. not that it is "like" either of those, but it might remind you of notes from them.
the combo of dirt, carnations, faint apples, and the woods is perfect! I find I cannot stop smelling it when I have it on and am reminded of a cool fall evening out in farm country. I cannot say how much I love wearing this one! cannot wait to get more.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 am

I love Riverside Hayride. 'Apple' is in so many things now that cheap apple notes immediately make me think of air freshener, shampoo or candles. And most apple fragrances give me a headache. The apple in this is noticeable, but doesn't smell cheap or remind me of cheap products. It smells like real apples that have ripened & fallen to the ground, and now those apples are getting trampled into wet, black soil, fall leaves and all sorts of wonderful, earthy aromas. I love the black dirt fragrance. I don't really smell any smoke or greenery (which I'm thankful for), but the earthiness of this blend is amazing. After about an hour, the carnation comes in and smells so realistic, and the touch of spiciness that it lends to the blend just makes me swoon.

I don't know how it does it, but the apple, dirt and carnation works so well together, and somehow still smells like a really good, perfectly composed perfume. This isn't just atmospheric on me; it smells like I'm wearing an exotic perfume.

This is beautiful, and I'm going to be stalking the site to snag a bottle (and hope it gets made into an edp.. do I say that about everything?).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)   RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival) Empty

Back to top Go down

RIVERSIDE HAYRIDE (Foxcroft's Autumn Festival)
Page 1 of 1