Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Similar to Gehenna?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
britas

Similar to Gehenna? Empty
PostSubject: Similar to Gehenna?   Similar to Gehenna? EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you knew a scent currently available that's somewhat similar to Gehenna? It sadly seems to be out of stock at the moment, as it's a Fall scent. I'm not sure I want to go with straight Dragon's Blood, because I love SS's original work so much, but I'd like something along the same lines if possible. A couple of suggestions would be great so I can get a sample pack Smile.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Similar to Gehenna?   Similar to Gehenna? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:22 pm

britas wrote:
Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you knew a scent currently available that's somewhat similar to Gehenna? It sadly seems to be out of stock at the moment, as it's a Fall scent. I'm not sure I want to go with straight Dragon's Blood, because I love SS's original work so much, but I'd like something along the same lines if possible. A couple of suggestions would be great so I can get a sample pack Smile.

Thanks!

Monarch has red musk but it is a coniferous take on it rather than a dry smoky version. It has fir and instead of myrrh it has a bunch of frankincense. That is the next thing I would recommend trying:

MONARCH
Rich Red Musk, Fir, Juniper, Cedar, Frankincense, Labdanum, Moss

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

A statuesque lone stag stands at the edge of the wood, surveying the valley below. His antler crown and perfect grace convey nobility and strength. The monarch of the forest remains poised, cautious and wise through all seasons.

Monarch starts with a base or refined red musk, a generous amount of fir balsam and a green botanical blend touched by smoky labdanum and oud. Frankincense resin, cedarwood and moss cover the base. A generous crown of fresh juniper berries and leaves completes the blend. Monarch smells like a coniferous wood blend with loads of incensey, exotic, spicy red musk and resins. It boldly opens with a bright green juniper on initial application. The fir, red musk and frankincense follow quickly behind. Cedar and moss weave in and out in the early stages after application and become more apparent as the wear continues. The smoky labdanum and oud float quietly in the background. This scent opens strongly on initial application but settles down after a few minutes of wear into a pleasant musky, resinous, evergreen, wood and slightly smoky fragrance. Monarch is a masculine scent, though women who like our wood blends should also enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
britas

PostSubject: Re: Similar to Gehenna?   Similar to Gehenna? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Ah, fantastic, thank you for the recommendation! Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Similar to Gehenna?   Similar to Gehenna? Empty

Back to top Go down

Similar to Gehenna?
Page 1 of 1