Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)

Go down 
+4
JuniperRose
mermaidhair9
lh001
Solstice Scents
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) Empty
PostSubject: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 pm

WHITE FEATHER 60 ml Eau de Parfum Spray
Estate Vanilla, Jasmine Absolute, Gardenia Enfleurage, Saffron CO2, Sandalwood, Spices, Amber, Oud, Patchouli, Ylang Ylang

White Feather is an exquisite, lush, sensual, narcotic white floral that begins with a base of Estate Vanilla, our house vanilla with notes of raw vanilla pods, vanilla infused sugar, cream and vanilla extract. To this, a generous amount of Indian jasmine absolute accented with EOs of ylang ylang, sandalwood, spices and more, our house made precious gardenia enfleurage from our homegrown flowers, saffron CO2, aged patchouli, a variety of attars, amber and a very light addition of oud has been added. It is sweet, creamy, slightly spicy, softly incensey, a little powdery and the white floral notes are delicate but very intoxicating and detectable, especially on initial application. All of the floral notes used in this blend are natural and smell heavenly. White Feather is loaded with precious and costly ingredients and this perfume was intended to be luxurious, something to be savored. If you like real jasmine grandiflorum absolute from India, saffron, sweet incense, vanilla, a medley of spices and nuances of oud and rich earthy patchouli, White Feather is for you.

White Feather is a very generously fragranced treasure.  Apply sparingly at first and add more per preference as desired.  

WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) Whitef11
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
lh001

PostSubject: White Feather EDP Review   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 pm

This scent was a rollercoaster and ended up in a fantastic place.

0 minutes elapsed: This smells more incensey and woodsy than I was expecting. Of course looking at the notes I should have realized it but yeah...this kind of smells like pure incense on me at first. (First spray impression is bandaids but that disappears. Same bandaid smell that I get from Tenebrous Mist actually!)

2 minutes elapsed: It almost smells like root beer or something, just a lot of spice and sweetness. I think that's the sandalwood, oud, and saffron. It's quite indolic at times, but the indole disappears at other times, which is nicer to my nose. I don't ADORE this right now and I'm sad because I was so ecstatic over SS releasing a jasmine scent, but this is just a rich incensey jasmine, not the light sweet white floral I prefer. It does seem to be getting less incensey and more floral the longer it sits.

5 minutes elapsed: I hated this the first minute it was on me, honestly, but now it's settled into a creamy, vaguely spicy soft jasmine. This is almost like real pure jasmine, I think at first the blended notes were all too strong, but now they are all settling in to give the character of a real jasmine plant. OK wow, Angela outdid herself. I'm getting a full bottle when it's restocked. Helllloooo jasmine.

So, in conclusion, the indole (characteristic "poop" aroma of some white flowers) and heady spice needed a minute to chill out on my skin and I ended up with a realistic, soft, creamy jasmine that has just enough depth to be realistic. The funny thing is I can TOTALLY detect the Gardenia Enfleurage, which I have in its pure form but can barely smell on me when I apply it. White Feather is my new favorite jasmine perfume- a touch more incensey than the real thing, but still more realistic than anything else I've sampled!
Back to top Go down
mermaidhair9

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:10 pm

I am not usually a fan of flower fragrances..they usually end up smelling like Old Lady on me. I sprayed a tiny bit of WF on one night after my shower, and just on my wrist, in case it turned ugly. I went to bed smelling my wrist. Liking the scent, but still a little too flowery for me So, pretty strong gardenia and jasmine on first spray. Ok, but not what I wanted to smell like forever.Halfway through the night, I woke up, and smelled my wrist, now liking it even more, the flowers had settled down, and something else starts coming through. By the time I woke up, I could not stop smelling my wrist. Love. Warm, cozy, soft. I did not smell like a flower, but a soft fragrance that just became part of my skin.. Unique, and special. I just love this scent. It's nothing like I expected. You can tell this scent was made with love, the same way when someone cooks or bakes with love, you can taste it in the food. I would say don't be afraid of the white flowers in here. I honestly don't love the fragrance until I've had it on at least 4 or 5 hours....then, I can't get enough. Really surprising path this fragrance goes down, but , then again, that's the genius of Angela.
Back to top Go down
JuniperRose

PostSubject: White Feather EDP   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 pm

I awaited the release of Angela's wedding fragrance with much anticipation.  The opening of White Feather is floral and spice.  I do get an whiff of the Estate Vanilla base on cold sniff.  This is a complex fragrance, a melange of scent.  Many of the notes are characteristics of other Solstice Scents fragrances I have tried.  It reminds me just a bit of the mainstream fragrance Angel, although White Feather is far more nuanced, floral and complex.  The spice brings to mind the oriental fragrance class with just a touch of the gourmand.  
    Unlike Estate Vanilla, White Feather becomes more complex as the dry down evolves.  It softens, and the sweet spice warms my skin in a delightful way.  I know from previous testing this one lasts and lasts, especially on clothing.  The evolving dry down is a meddling of all the many components, but on every sniff different smells stand out: a reminder of Manor, a blast of saffron, a hint of Sirrocco or Cascade of Gold, a sunny garden of jasmine.  A few hours in the jasmine seems to emerge and take center stage for a bit.  
    White Feather is a lovely, spicy sexy feminine fragrance.  Perfect for a night out, but a lighter application would be fine for more casual occasions.  The sillage is stronger than some other Solstice Scent fragrances, but it is not overwhelming.  Still, I would recommend a lighter application to test and build up from there.
Back to top Go down
rekhiebaby

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:06 am

After reading some positive reviews of White Feather on Reddit, I decided to order a sample to test. I love white florals and jasmine is a particular favorite of mine. I was very happy that the jasmine used in this fragrance is one of the dominant notes on my skin, along with the spices and vanilla. The jasmine does not smell indolic to me at all, but one should wait until dry down as indolic notes tend to fade as scents settle on the skin (in my experience). I agree with the other reviews in that this is a complex fragrance that changes on my skin during the day. It's also very long lasting like many Solstice Scents perfumes I own, but I think the EdP format provides even more longevity compared to oils.

The vanilla comes out more during the day, which doesn't surprise me because my skin tends to amp vanillas. It's a warm vanilla and it works well with the other notes. I like this shift and love indie/niche scents because they change over time, revealing more notes and combinations of notes. I don't get any particular spice scent, but I think the saffron adds a warm earthiness that lingers with the other base notes. This is a very special perfume and I can't wait to add a full size bottle to my collection.
Back to top Go down
susafina

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 pm

White Feather opens with a velvety growl of jasmine that soon settles into a purr. I like a bit of skanky indoles with my jasmine and this luscious minx of a perfume doesn't disappoint. However it quickly settles down to a well-behaved and extremely wearable mix of creamy gardenia enfleurage and vanilla. The jasmine shows quite a bit of longevity and a pleasurable, but not overpowering projection, offsetting retro richness with an airy playfulness. My favorite jasmine-centric fragrance up to this point has been Andy Tauer's Le Maroc Pour Elle. I would consider White Feather to be in a comparable or better quality category than Le Maroc Pour Elle and definitely full bottle worthy for white flower lovers.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:55 am

I wasn't sure quite what to expect for a perfume called "White Feather". Perhaps something elegant, light and etherial and romantic. Then I read the list of ingredients and thought 'rich and alluring' might be closer to the mark. So what do I think having tested it?

The opening surely is gorgeous and gloriously 'classic' and 'rich' as any of the mid 20th century French gems. But it is of course an Angela St John creation, and a special one at that. It is something intimate and close to her heart. It is romance at its most pure meaning and a true expression of her inner self - it was created especially to wear at her wedding. What a wonderful creation it is. It opens with a glorious indolic floral jasmine and gardenia which Angela handles very deftly as this is grounded by a hint of wood and rounded out with a gentle vanilla. I know that I have already mentioned my immediate reaction to the opening and likening it to classical French florals, but it is so true. This is a seriously beautiful perfume and Angela continues to astound me with her artistry and skills. It is a perfume that changes over time as other reviewers have noted.

I once described another Solstice offering Cameo as being suited best for a younger client. White Feather would be the next step in her life's journey and what a beautiful step it is. I found the sillage to be very good, though never overwhelming. The spices add a mere nuance of warmth and interest to this exquisite floral. Angela has produced something really beautiful with this perfume.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) EmptyWed Mar 23, 2016 3:15 pm

White Feather is so good that it's ridiculous.  I like it more and more every time that I wear it, and I have been wearing it so much lately.

When I read the note list for this, I feel like I can pick out every listed note.  It's one of those beautifully complex and well blended fragrances where all of the notes swirl together so harmoniously, but if you really try, you can call forth one of the notes and revel in it.
Warm, sultry and slightly powdery sandalwood & amber, a hint of earthy patchouli, heady florals and ylang ylang, saffron and spices that remind me of the lovely spices in Sirocco, and the beautiful Estate Vanilla... It reminds me of scents like Dior Addict, bpal's Sacred Whore of Babylon and LUSH's Vanillary, but this is so much more complex and obviously is its own blend made with very good ingredients.

I think that this smells very womanly, heavy and rich.  It's an incredibly heavy floral with thick vanilla and spice.  Opulent and decadent.  I very rarely enjoy florals, but I love vanilla, and White Feather is just a pleasure to wear.  It feels so luxurious.

I've almost gone through my sample spray and ordered a full bottle as soon as it was restocked on the site.

White Feather is truly something special and gorgeous in the perfume world.  I wish that I could get everyone to try it, because it deserves so much love ^_^ <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)   WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP) Empty

Back to top Go down

WHITE FEATHER Eau de Parfum (EDP)
Page 1 of 1