Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe Empty
PostSubject: Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe   Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:16 pm

This is one of our family recipes. It is a wonderful side dish and tastes like a restaurant! It is easy to make and decadent.

White of 1 medium leek, halved, sand rinsed out, and thinly sliced, or 1 small onion thinly sliced (Leek recommended for the most amazing flavor!!!)
3 tablespoons butter
1 garlic clove, minced and crushed to paste
salt
3 medium zucchini, sliced on an angle into 1/4" think ovals
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper

Gently cook the leek or onion in a tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir the leek every few minutes to prevent it from browning.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

Smear the bottom of an oval gratin dish or baking dish (8'' diameter recommended)- large enough to hold the zucchini slices in a single layer - with the garlic paste.

Season the cooked leek with salt and spread it over the bottom of the gratin dish or baking dish.

Gently brown the zucchini slices in a single layer in the remaining butter in a saute pan or skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. If your pan isn't big enough to hold all the slices, brown the slices in batches so they brown evenly and don't end up watery.

Season the slices with salt and arrange them, overlapping in a single layer, on top of the leeks or onion in the gratin dish or baking dish.

Pour over the heavy cream, sprinkle over the cheese, and bake for 30 minutes or until the cream thickens and the gratin turns golden brown. Grind over some fresh pepper and serve immediately.
Enjoy!!

*G's Note - I substitute the garlic clove/paste for some of the minced garlic in the jar with the blue lid. I use about a teaspoon and spread that around on the bottom of the dish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
jessiekins1

jessiekins1

PostSubject: Re: Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe   Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:47 pm

oooh, this sounds great! i happen to have a few zucchinis in my fridge and i think this is what i'm going to do with them. Very Happy thanks!
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe   Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 am

Thank you! Thank you!

This sounds great but also not a super fast thing. Its perfect because me and my daughter like to cook together and with this i think we can have some extra bonding time and she will be proud of this so it is an easy way for me to sneak more vegetables in their diet!!!!!!!! :=)

Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe   Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Creamy Zucchini Gratin Recipe
Page 1 of 1