Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you started shopping for Christmas?

Go down 
+3
AngloAngel
Solstice Scents
nani
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nani

nani

Have you started shopping for Christmas? Empty
PostSubject: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:45 am

Has anyone started shopping or has been looking around for ideas? It's hard not to when Christmas stuff is already up in stores.. I see more Christmas stuff than Halloween items.

There's only 82 days til Christmas santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 am

I called my Mom last week to see what she was up to and she replied with "wrapping the last of the Christmas presents". My Mom is a Christmas fanatic. My parents will have their house decked out by Thanksgiving.

I have some shopping done for my Mom and G's Mom. It's our Dads I have the hardest time with. And I know what I'm getting G for his birthday in November but not a clue what I'll be doing for Christmas. I have to keep all the presents "under wraps" (har har) because I know G, our Moms and my Dad all know about this forum and someone might be snooping! santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
I called my Mom last week to see what she was up to and she replied with "wrapping the last of the Christmas presents". My Mom is a Christmas fanatic. My parents will have their house decked out by Thanksgiving.

I have some shopping done for my Mom and G's Mom. It's our Dads I have the hardest time with. And I know what I'm getting G for his birthday in November but not a clue what I'll be doing for Christmas. I have to keep all the presents "under wraps" (har har) because I know G, our Moms and my Dad all know about this forum and someone might be snooping! santa

Lol, that's awesome that she's done. The days are flying by too quick. September was here and gone.I can never find my dad anything either..His present always ends up being the last one bought. Haha, to the snooping! lol!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am

I am horrible when it comes to Christmas shopping! Mainly because My Husband's birthday is exactly 2 weeks before... and he has this 'nack' for picking up his gifts and knowing what he got before opening them. I hate it when he does that. He thinks it's a riot... Me? Not so much!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
I am horrible when it comes to Christmas shopping! Mainly because My Husband's birthday is exactly 2 weeks before... and he has this 'nack' for picking up his gifts and knowing what he got before opening them. I hate it when he does that. He thinks it's a riot... Me? Not so much!

UGH. G does that EVERY.FREAKING.TIME.

I have fooled him a few times though, through great effort. When he turned 30 last year I wanted to do something really awesome because I think 30 is a big deal! I got him an Amazon card and wrapped it up (he loves Amazon) and acted like that was all he got. Then I went to pick up his bday dinner but took a detour to his parents' house where I was stashing a flat screen TV! His Mom wrapped the remote in a big box with a heavy stone from their garden and some towels. He opened the gift and was like "A remote?" Of course he was trying to understand the rock, towels and a random remote and I was laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face. I took him out to the car. As he was walking around the car he could see the big thing in the back and was like "What did you do?" I ACTUALLY got him for once but only because I had a decoy gift and "acted natural". I was able to surprise him this year for our 10 year anniversary though. This time I shipped the gift to my parents house (it was a CC Pocket Radio he'd been wanting) and he was totally stumped. The real surprise (that I almost blew) was a photo album of our entire decade together that I worked really hard on for months. Whenever he would leave the house I would be locked in bathroom with pics all over the floor trying to organize them into piles. He never knew about the album so maybe I am getting better after all these years of practice! I am the worst at keeping these presents a secret because I get soooo excited and he is my best friend and it is impossible to not tell him what I'm up to.

However, every Christmas it never fails that he guesses every gift his parents get him! They've tried putting bricks and stones in the boxes (if it is a gift card, for instance) and wrapping them in enormous boxes to throw him off the scent. Maybe you could try a trick like that, AA!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:

I have fooled him a few times though, through great effort. When he turned 30 last year I wanted to do something really awesome because I think 30 is a big deal!

30?????????

OMG.... I could be his FATHER.

And if you tell me you're in your 20's Angela, I'm hitting the bridge on the way home or else putting a down payment on a RETIREMENT HOME!

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 pm

ahahahahaha You've seen my pic on FB..you must have a rough idea of my age. afro
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
ahahahahaha You've seen my pic on FB..you must have a rough idea of my age. afro

Ummm yeah... And TWINS was never in my cards, either!!! affraid

Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

My twins don't make awesome soap. Harrumph. They sure need to use a lot of it, though!

I haven't purchased a darn thing for Christmas. My kids are only five, so I worry if I shop early they won't be interested in what I purchased anymore. Family never gives me any hints about what they want until the middle of December, but I guess it is about time to start Ye Olde Annual Nag. santa
Back to top Go down
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

AngloAngel wrote:

In my family, we usually ask everyone what do you want and stick with that so there are never really any surprises unless someone adds something extra.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:11 am

I can't wait for Chtristmas! I am always fully decorated by mid-November. I love the house to be all done for thanksgiving so it feels festive. It takes a while to decorate so I want to enjoy it as long as possible. I put up 3 trees and a ton of stuff, so it takes several days. Of course I will be burning RC and M HFO (yes, if I visualize it, it will come true) and that will just make everything fabulous. I love everything about the holidays. All of my stepkids will be here this year so so fun. Very Happy And yes, Rob, we are both old enough to be Angela's parent-sobsob.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 am

Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:

I have fooled him a few times though, through great effort. When he turned 30 last year I wanted to do something really awesome because I think 30 is a big deal!

30?????????

And if you tell me you're in your 20's Angela, I'm hitting the bridge on the way home or else putting a down payment on a RETIREMENT HOME!

Hi, dad! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 am

AngloAngel wrote:
Rob wrote:
Solstice Scents wrote:

30?????????

Hi, dad! lol!

Suspect

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:13 am

alicious wrote:
Ye Olde Annual Nag. santa

lol!

Back to top Go down
Vanilla

Vanilla

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:55 pm

I just finished Xmas shopping! Such a great feeling. Also wrapped all my gifts too so bring it on Christmas! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you started shopping for Christmas?   Have you started shopping for Christmas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you started shopping for Christmas?
Page 1 of 1