Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach Empty
PostSubject: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Tonight, we are embarking on THIS RECIPE from the Oh She Glows Blog. Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach and made with red potatoes? YES PLEASE! Regardless of if you're Vegan, this blog has some killer recipes.

She takes you through each step with photos so I'm not going to try to post the steps here. I think the pumpkin is going to be awesome for fall and in a savory dish, I'm excited. I think a few toasted pine nuts and even raisins could compliment this dish really well too, but we're making this tonight along with spinach salad (I eat spinach constantly and it's my fail safe side dish) and some roasted carrots.

Solstice Scholar
- is this the blog you found the tahini grain bowl recipe? I thought you said it was. I was actually looking for that recipe but couldn't find it and them saw this one and we happen to have ALL of the ingredients for it! I think it was meant to be. Also, if you have any sources for recipes similar to the quinoa squash, etc. recipe you posted, please let me know! I think that particular kind of recipe where you have a balance of fiber, carbohydrates, protein and veggies is what I'd be most interested in. My tummy really really agreed with that soup so the more recipes I can find that have that balance AND flavor, the better.

I'll let you guys know how it is!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

I love Oh She Glows! OK, that recipe looks seriously amazing. I am going to have to make that this week. It also looks like a great dish to make for Thanksgiving. The tahini grain bowl recipe is THIS ONE. It's called the "Lightened Up Protein Power Goddess Bowl." She also has a regular "Protein Power Goddess Bowl," but I have never made it because it looks too heavy and rich for my liking. Trust me, it is AMAZING and has been one of my go to meals. She uses spelt berries, but I use brown rice instead to make it gluten free.

And I have a TON of recipes. I cook pretty much every single day. I will continue to post ones I think you would like in my spare time. People have told me that I should start a cooking blog...maybe one of these days! I love you
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks , Angela, Very Happy for turning me onto this blog. What fabulous recipes! I plan on making many from it already and some for thanksgiving. I love her spirit and the whole feel of this blog. Can't wait totry maple pumpkin baked beans with cornbread on top-I will change the cornbread to GF bisquik as I can't eat corn but it sounds delish!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:18 pm

I totally forgot to post that this was delicious! Will definitely make again. It had a slightly earthier flavor than straight mashed potatoes.

Thank you for letting me know about the bowl, SS! I will check it out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Oh, this sounds heavenly! I even have everything I need on hand (well, not almond milk; I'll sub cow's milk), so I will make this with/for dinner tomorrow.

We're going to need a recipe section soon! I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach   Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach Empty

Back to top Go down

Garlic Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes with Spinach
Page 1 of 1