Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reusable cloth for toners?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alicious

alicious

Reusable cloth for toners? Empty
PostSubject: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:09 pm

I have been using disposable cotton circles to apply my toner, and even though I can compost them, I wanted to find something reusable. I found organic bamboo velour circles at Homestead Emporium that I am going to try. I've been happy with the quality of their feminine products in the past, so figured these were worth a shot.

So, for those of you who aren't using disposable items to apply SS toners, what have you found that works?
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I just request in the "comments" when checking out to have the toners with spray tops (like the glace) instead of the flip top. This eliminates the need for cotton pads and saves time and money! I feel like I waste less toner because you can spray it directly on your face instead of it just getting absorbed into a cotton round. I am one of those people that believe that toners are for balancing, refreshing, and moisturizing the skin, not for removing what your cleanser left behind. If you're cleanser is not thoroughly cleansing your face then it's not a very good cleanser! This way, you can also use your toner as a refreshing mist during the day.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
I just request in the "comments" when checking out to have the toners with spray tops (like the glace) instead of the flip top. This eliminates the need for cotton pads and saves time and money! I feel like I waste less toner because you can spray it directly on your face instead of it just getting absorbed into a cotton round. I am one of those people that believe that toners are for balancing, refreshing, and moisturizing the skin, not for removing what your cleanser left behind. If you're cleanser is not thoroughly cleansing your face then it's not a very good cleanser! This way, you can also use your toner as a refreshing mist during the day.

This is the EXACT same thing I do and I use it for the same purpose. I spritz my face in the morning after showering/shaving and in the evening after a nice long bath/shower. Its extremely refreshing and balancing, and as I've said before, it has REALLY evened out the tone of skin. No blotchy red marks on this face any more!

I also stopped requesting the spray tops and reuse mine from bottle to bottle now. I figured that will help keep Angela's costs down too.

Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I actually use it as a cleanser in the evening, so just spraying isn't going to do it for me. I need the wiping on the skin!

How bizarre that it never even occurred to me that people would use it as a leave on product in that sense. Laughing I can see why spraying is a great option too. Smile
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:02 pm

What if you sprayed it on and removed it with a damp muslin cloth or washcloth? Just a thought... Cotton pads always annoy me. I've never been able to find any that didn't fall apart in use. Good luck! Smile

Also, good idea, Rob. I will keep that in mind when placing my next order!
Back to top Go down
lyeneia

lyeneia

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:51 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
What if you sprayed it on and removed it with a damp muslin cloth or washcloth? Just a thought... Cotton pads always annoy me. I've never been able to find any that didn't fall apart in use. Good luck! Smile

Also, good idea, Rob. I will keep that in mind when placing my next order!

i've always just spritzed mine on, let it soak in for a minute and blotted off with a clean dry, slightly nubby washcloth. if i need to hit a spot a little better i just zap the cloth and swipe etc. i have inexpensive white ones with brightly colored loops i get 12/pack from ikea i use for my face only and wash separately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reusable cloth for toners?   Reusable cloth for toners? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reusable cloth for toners?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: Solstice Scents Topics :: SS General Discussion-
Jump to: