Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halloween Plans?

Go down 
+5
debibob
CarmH
sam364
sweetgardenangel
Solstice Scents
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Do you guys have any plans for this weekend/Monday for Halloween? We are hitting up a few local festivals - one at a bat conservancy and another is the fall harvest festival in historic Micanopy. We usually walk in the surrounding neighborhoods on Halloween to look at the kids' costumes and everyone's decorations but we don't really dress up or go to any parties or anything like that. We usually set up a candy display on the front yard for the kids.

We had some AWESOME cool weather this weekend but it's back to being hot. It is supposed to rain on Friday and I'm hoping that it will cool off again this weekend because hot Halloween is LAME! Also I hate when Halloween falls on a Monday. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Dressing up the dog!!!!   Halloween Plans? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm going to sit on the front porch, with Daisy in costume, with a big bowl of candy. I'm searching for a head band for her, devil ears, because she's been a real pistol lately. Last year, I ran out of candy and had 200 some trick or treaters. As far as activity for myself, no, not going anywhere. But you know that by the end of the evening, I have a date with your Fruit Cellar Scrub or Banana Nut Bread Whipped Soap. ha-ha
queen
Back to top Go down
sam364

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 pm

My toddler loves Curious George, so he's dressing up as George while my husband, who is taking him around, is dressing up as The Man with the Yellow Hat. I'll be handing out treats as Princess Leia, which is the costume I wore last year when I took the kiddo around dressed as Darth Vader. Our dog will be wearing a Headless Horseman costume (he's the horse). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CarmH

CarmH

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Pictures please!! bounce
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:59 am

I will be working-fun, huh!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 am

Lemme see... Oh, yes! I has a remembery now!

This past Sunday, all of the CVSs nation-wide were to hold a store event for Halloween. Our store decided to dress up like faeries and hold a 'Faerie's Quest' for all of our costumed trick or treaters. I had them gather things like 'Something with the word Arizona on it' and 'A Faerie's Tear'. I went to our local Dollar Tree and grabbed a bag of those flattened marbles that people use as a decoration in clear flower vases and I used a black sharpie to draw a tear on them. We only had 7 kids show for the party... but, we did get a lot of inquiries afterwards! I think it will be better recieved next year.

This Saturday, however, I am going to a family friend's party. Lots of food, drink and good times! As for the actual Halloween night... my son has taken it upon himself to stay home and pass out candy to the kids. He's only 11 (He had one more year left according to "da rulz"!).
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 am

Ever since we purchased our home in 1999, Jay and I stay home for Halloween and LOVE spooking the house out for the trick or treaters!

We decorate inside about a month prior to Halloween, but nothing outside until the afternoon of, just a few hours before Trick or Treat. It sort of "transforms" the house just for the night. Lots of pumpkins, cobwebs, faces looking out the windows, graveyard, big hanging ghouls, lights and spooky music pumped out windows and to cordless speakers out in the yard.

We have an enclosed front porch that is filled with flickering candles and Jay and I sit out there, usually in grim reaper outfits, waiting for the little ones. It's really a fun time!

I just love when you hear kids coming down the street " LETS GO TO THE SCARY HOUSE FIRST!" and parents tell us how the kids can't wait to come to the "spook house".

I laugh my butt of with the REAL little ones.. so scared to come down our front walk... muahahahahahahahaha!

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sam364

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Rob, that sounds awesome! To mimic Carm, pic please!
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 am

For the first time in several years, I'll be away from home on Halloween. I'm going to a conference in Baltimore. I am, however, staying at the Admiral Fell Inn down by the harbor - which recently made it to #6 on Trip Advisor's list of the Top 10 Haunted Hotels in the U.S.!

Angela, your trip to the bat conservancy sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Violet, my 3 year-old, has a party with her grandparent's friends and their kids on Sunday afternoon, then a halloween party at preschool Monday morning, and hubby and I will be taking her out trick or treating in the evening. We'll all be dinosaurs- hubby is a green TRex, I'm an orange Triceratops, and V will be a green Triceratops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween Plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween Plans?   Halloween Plans? Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween Plans?
Page 1 of 1