Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)

Go down 
+5
Jesse
AngloAngel
Fascinoma
LittleBird
Solstice Scents
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) Empty
PostSubject: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 pm

FLINTLOCK
Tobacco, Saddle Leather, Virginia Cedar, Black Pepper, Woods, Bayberry & Evergreens

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Perfume, Ganache, Whipped Soap and Burnishing Glace

A frozen expanse of untamed early America stretches as far as the eye can see. The boughs of cedar and conifers are heavy with snow. Your steed is laden with provisions, taking a slow measured pace through this unfamiliar region. Subtle wafts of your last fire emanate from your coat. Your saddle is warm and sturdy beneath you as your ride with trusty musket close at hand, prepared for the uncalculated dangers only the deep winter wilderness can oblige.

Flintlock is an intensely dark, ominous, woody, smokey and slightly coniferous blend. It is a combination of Tobacco absolute, saddle leather, Virginia cedarwood, black pepper, sandalwood and a medley of other woods with a touch of evergreens, bayberry and smoke that will plunge you deep into a Pioneer's winter in the American frontier. Flintlock is darker on cold sniff and initial application than on the dry down. The evergreen and bayberry notes are very mild and primarily detectable at this stage. The blend wears like a warm brown leather jacket. It is woody, smokey and refined on the dry down.

Those with sensitive skin may notice a mild cooling sensation on the skin after using the whipped soap in the shower. This is from the black pepper essential oil and subsides quickly based on our testing. You may wish to do a test area before using all over if you're concerned about having very sensitive skin and you may also wish to avoid using in "sensitive areas" if so. I had no cooling sensation at all after using all over and G only experienced the slight cooling sensation about five minutes after his shower on his back and the back of his arms. It only lasted a few minutes.

FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) Flintl10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 am

I think that Flintlock is a little too Christmas-candle smelling for me. It starts off very smoky (like woodsmoke with a whisp of leather) with lots of evergreen and what smells like cranberry to me, and dries down to mostly evergreen with sharp, spicy black pepper. I like it more as a room scent than a perfume one.
Back to top Go down
Fascinoma

Fascinoma

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I love the name of this blend. I like that the names are very simple and cool, like Outpost or Flintlock.

Flintlock doesn't work too well on me. I get a slight mint coffee scent with some smoke, but it is very faint. I keep reapplying and it doesn't get any stronger. I was hoping to get some bayberry or evergreen out of it, yet there is none to be had. I feel like the perfume is mislabelled or something since it is so radically different than the notes listed. I get no tobacco, no leather, no woods, no evergreen, just mint coffee!

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:05 pm

I love you I love you I love you

This is a FANTASTIC scent upon drydown! On my skin, I can smell the Evergreens, the Cedar and the wood smoke... Man, I love it!

I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 am

This smells very much like an aged log cabin to me. There is a pioneer village I like to visit, and Flintlock reminds me of that lovely green grove with the weathered wood structures. I love it!
Back to top Go down
zombiesonacid

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 pm

I bought this blind and I regretted it a little because it's a tad too masculine on me (or maybe I don't really like what i think is the cedar which is what I mostly get with this). I do smell the minty coffee thing like Fascinoma but it doesn't last long and after that is mainly leather and woods. Sillage is great at first but after a while it dies down a little. Some of my friends think it smells like expensive men's cologne while this one friend thought I smelled like Chinese incense (I totally don't smell that at all and I'm Chinese). I think guys should try this!
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:49 am

I'm going through my personal spreadsheet of all the scents I've tried and for some reason didn't review this one!

I definitely get a leather jacket vibe from this and for some reason, the scent of oil and gears like a guy who works on cars. Not sure where that is coming from! Overall it's a little gritty and masculine for me, but fun to try.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I'll probably have to get a full size for my husband this year; for some reason I talked myself out of it last year! This blend is fantastic. It's smokey evergreens on first application with something fruity and sweet (bayberry?) lingering in the background and a touch of leather. It cools as it dries down somehow, and though I never get the tobacco, I can tell it's there in the background making this blend the lovely, dark, masculine scent it is. Now that I have a fireplace, I can see myself wearing this on a cold, blustery Saturday when I just want to sit at home and read with a fire going. It sounds perfect!
Back to top Go down
queenshaboo

queenshaboo

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 1:36 am

This undoubtedly leans very very masculine, I thought I wouldn't like it when I read the reviews but I actually quite enjoy it. It's very evocative and true to the description. If you've ever wanted to/wondered what Clint Eastwood would smell like in spaghetti westerns, this is it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)   FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011) Empty

Back to top Go down

FLINTLOCK (Winter Collection 2011)
Page 1 of 1