Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter has arrived!!

Go down 
+5
artemis2
The Peach
alicious
Solstice Scents
Rob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob

Rob

Winter has arrived!!  Empty
PostSubject: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 pm

(this is a repost from the Lush forums)

OMG, my box just arrived.....

Winter has arrived!!  000_0144-1

Beautiful to look at AND smell! Fresh greens, rusty bells, green and black shred, beautiful new Winter bookmark... OVER THE TOP!

Winter has arrived!!  000_0146-1

The soaps first

Winter has arrived!!  000_0145-1

The whole TWO boxes!

Winter has arrived!!  000_0147-1

Winter has arrived!!  000_0148-1

Winter has arrived!!  000_0149-1

Winter has arrived!!  000_0150-1

Winter has arrived!!  000_0151-1

I haven't sniffed everything, but what I have is AMAZING. Angela really outdid herself this time! :eek:

Hope everyone gets their orders soon!

What a way to start the holiday weekend!! THANK YOU ANGELA AND GREG! I love you

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Wow, thanks for all the pics, Rob! Your order looks lovely Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:41 pm

Mine is here, too! Rob, have you sniffed the Black Christmas soap? *dies*
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:45 pm

alicious wrote:

I slit it open and both Jay and I smiled and went "oooooooooooooooooooooh" LOL!

I love you
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm

alicious wrote:

Yay! Glad it arrived. Hope you find some winners in there! I love you
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
alicious wrote:

Yay! Glad it arrived. Hope you find some winners in there! I love you
I will have to refrain from purchasing all of the Black Christmas and hoarding it for life. geek

I ordered a Flintlock sample on a whim, and really, really like it. Usually leather is a note of death for me, but this is gorgeous. I'm a bit in shock.

Snowshoe Pass is another win, which isn't *that* big of a surprise. Wink Wet it makes me think of Manor drizzled in a big vat of brown sugar, and I am completely OK with this. I need to sniff both of these through their full cycle to give a proper review. I still have other sniffies to go through tonight!

Thank you for another great release with lightning fast shipping! I love you
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Awesome. I was thinking Flintlock was, out of everything, probably the one you would like and I'm glad that the leather was tame enough that you do like it!

Brown sugar? Did you put that on next to Sugarvale, by chance? There's definitely no brown sugar or any brown notes to speak of so that's interesting that that's what you're getting out of it but if you like it, I'm okay with that! LOL
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:13 pm

I think it may be how my nose incorrectly interprets the musk/vanilla combo, even if it isn't an actual note in the blend. I just put each on a different hand, and it's Snowshoe Pass that smells a bit like brown sugar. There is more too it, and I'd even say that it smells like Manor* and some brown sugar drizzled in fresh snow, which is incredibly gorgeous and I want MOAR. (This is why I leave the perfuming to the experts. I suspect I have a terrible nose for it. Razz ) The brown sugar I'm perceiving definitely mellows on the drydown, however, and I am getting the softness of the amber, musk, and snowy winds with just a hint of sugar. Gorgeous.

Sugarvale is definitely deeper, very foodie, and I'm getting those tasty, tasty candied pecans especially in the drydown. Candied pecans are one of my very favorite foods, though, so now I have to refrain from chewing on my hand a la zombie.

*By Manor I mean the skin musk/vanilla elements of it that are the strongest on my skin, not the full blend, which is its own unique form of awesome.

Last edited by alicious on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Peach

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow Rob! Did you buy the whole shop! Smile I only placed a sample order to start with. Its not here yet, but I'm guessing Friday it will be! Maybe I should have ordered the Black Christmas soap! And I'm excited for Snowshoe Pass if it smells a bit like Manor! Can't wait for my samples to get here so I can place another order!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:21 pm

It's more the vanilla/musk elements that are familiar to my nose between the two, although I could just be broken. lol! It's definitely not the same scent as a whole, of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
artemis2

artemis2

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

Wow, lucky you! It takes a couple of weeks for my orders to reach me here in the Great White North.
Great photos - can't wait for my stuff to arrive now. Take pity on us Canadians and leave a few dregs, eh?
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 pm

I received my package today as well!!!

Rob--Holy crap that is a spectacular order. Now I feel better about the amount that I got, haha. Very Happy

I am overwhelmed and can't decide what I like best just yet. And I haven't even gotten to my samples.

An immediate standout is Snowshoe Pass. It smells like Spellbound Woods and Pink Sugar made a sexy snow baby--is that really off base for those that have sniffed it? It's a beautiful, cool, sweet vanilla/musk/amber combo.

Flintlock is also catching my attention, but I can't begin to describe it accurately. I'm getting smooth brown leather and tobacco with a base of deep woods. I feel like it started off more woodsy and quickly morphed into more of a leather/tobacco combo.

Also can't wait to use the cranberry salts--this is one awesome cranberry scent!

Must go play around some more...
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 pm

OK.. can I just say I just got out of one of the most AMAZING baths I have ever had??? What a Face

CEDAR and SIBERIAN FIR Bath Salts!!!!

HOLY SH*T. If you love SS salts like Enchanted Forest or scents like Shoikan Grove, BUY THIS IN BULK! Seriously, it's a GREAT bath. The fir and cedar that are so fresh, they almost smell minty.. I spent over an hour in the tub and I still didn't want to get out. I need enough to last me until it comes out again next year! I read it was once available in a BAR SOAP?? Shocked

Still really loving Flintlock and OUTPOST. I just tried Night Star... has real promise. Very Happy

Who said Christmas was a month away.... THANKS SANTA! cheers

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 pm

I need to take one of those baths ASAP.

I am definitely loving Flintlock and Showshoe Pass. Rob, did you get Snowshoe? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:

I am definitely loving Flintlock and Showshoe Pass. Rob, did you get Snowshoe? Thoughts?

SS- I did get Snowshoe, but haven't tried it yet. Jay has it on though and he is in LOVE with it. My initial reaction.. not sure about it. I'm not sure if it's the musk (and I love musk) or the vanilla/musk or amber/musk combo that might not work for me. Then again, that's just a sniff here or there! LOL

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Rob wrote:
SolsticeScholar wrote:

SS- I did get Snowshoe, but haven't tried it yet. Jay has it on though and he is in LOVE with it. My initial reaction.. not sure about it. I'm not sure if it's the musk (and I love musk) or the vanilla/musk or amber/musk combo that might not work for me. Then again, that's just a sniff here or there! LOL

Well, at least you can enjoy it on Jay. He can be your human soapstone burner, hahaha. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:34 am

Wow Rob, amazing haul! I am now wishing I at least got in a sample in Snowshoe pass. I was worried about the mint but it seems that is not a dominant note.

How about that bad ass dark ginger spice cake, WOW! If anyone ordered it in the glacé could you post your review, thanks. I got the ganache so I assuming it's even better in the perfume and glacé.

Can't wait for a restock of the Cranberry salts so I can place another order.

Sugarvale did not disappoint, neither did Roasted Chestnuts and marshmallow, superb.

What a winner this collection is. Christmas sure did come early Very Happy
Back to top Go down
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:03 pm

bounce Wow Rob I almost lept out of my chair looking at the haul you got!! I got a nice little haul myself today, but I can tell i should have come to the forum to read your reviews first, because i usually like everything you like!! SCENT TWINS!!

Anyhoo--- I am pleased with my order, but I am a little rubbed that I didn't give flintlock a chance after reading yours and others reviews on it.... I was put off by the leather part, because leather is usually a no-no on me too.... but honestly, I should know better. Angela always captivates, even with things that usually arent a win on my skin. The way she does it it amazing. I wanted to try OCM (later fell in love) because of your reviews, but I never thought Cedar would be a hit on my skin. I never would have guessed! I want my whole life to smell like Enchanted forest and OCM!!

Love you much and thanks for sharing your awesome-tastic stash... I am drooling!!!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 pm

So funny L4L....I saw your order come through and before I even saw this post I had edited your comments section to include a sample of Flintlock. Cool
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks everyone! I'm really starting to enjoy the Winter release... pretty much just the perfumes because I'm not ready to switch out the Autumn collection just yet.. LOL I think the minute we start getting some decent snow, the contents of the bathroom will rotate! LOL

L4L!!!!!! I've missed you!! I saw the SS order that you listed on the green yesterday.. WOOP WOOP! It looked like one of MY typical orders!

I hope that after the holidays pass that we'll see more of you. Your posts always make me smile. sunny

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:53 am

Rob wrote:
Thanks everyone! I'm really starting to enjoy the Winter release... pretty much just the perfumes because I'm not ready to switch out the Autumn collection just yet.. LOL I think the minute we start getting some decent snow, the contents of the bathroom will rotate! LOL

L4L!!!!!! I've missed you!! I saw the SS order that you listed on the green yesterday.. WOOP WOOP! It looked like one of MY typical orders!

I hope that after the holidays pass that we'll see more of you. Your posts always make me smile. sunny

Awwww!! That was a nice 'warm fuzzie', Rob! She makes me smile, too! flower
Back to top Go down
L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

L4L_HerbalMuseFairy

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:47 pm

AngloAngel wrote:
Rob wrote:

Awwww!! That was a nice 'warm fuzzie', Rob! She makes me smile, too! flower

Aww, guys! You are so Sweet!
Thanks, Angela for including a flintlock sample! I was curious...great minds think alike!
Thanks Rob and AngloAngel!!! I look forward to seeing you guys on the forum too I love you You don't know how I was just having a craptastic moment until I read this post. Just warms my heart. santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter has arrived!!    Winter has arrived!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Winter has arrived!!
Page 1 of 1