Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tell me a bit about yourself :)

Go down 
+5
AngloAngel
Rob
TheAnglican
alicious
Sofa Nymph
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

Tell me a bit about yourself :) Empty
PostSubject: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I thought it might be nice to get to know people a bit better so thought I'd start by asking people to share just a little bit about themselves. I'll go first...

I'm 31, married, no children. I'm a research scientist at a university in SW England. I love my job and spend much of my so called "spare time" working but in addition to my career my hobbies include hiking, hill walking and of course perfume oils!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Great idea!

I'm in my mid-30s, married, and am a mother to 5 year old fraternal twin boys in Colorado, USA. I'm also a freelance writer and self admitted perfume whore. jocolor
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi!

I just turned 40. I'm married and live in Kentucky with my husband and our very spoiled cat - no kids. I work as a project coordinator for a nonprofit agency - and am procrastinating right now about working on a grant proposal. When not working or procrastinating about working, I like to read, bake, garden, and dream of future exotic travel. And of course, I spend a lot of time honing my bath/body product habit. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:58 am

Hi all!

I'm 49 (ugh! LOL). I've been with my partner for 15 years in December and we live in Pittsburgh PA with our three furry kids- Barnaby, TomTom and Willow.

I'm the owner of a small family business and my SO Jay works in the audit department of a large bank here.

I have a degree in Musical Theatre and do a bit of that on the side (mostly benefit concerts now). We both love to attend lots of theatre, music and art events, shop in quaint little villages with small unique stores and are constantly doing home improvements to our little 75 year old home.

We both love bath and body products and fell head over heels with Solstice Scents. Although Jay isn't on forums or much of a chatterer, I can say he uses as much product as I do! LOL

Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm a 35 year old Mother of one, married and have 2 wonderful dogs. I work for a retail Pharmacy chain as a Photo Lab Supervisor / Beauty Advisor (Un-officially).

I can't think of anything else...! LOL

Last edited by AngloAngel on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 am

I can see I am the old fart here, but only in age, not attitude, LOL. I'm 55, married with 3 kids and 4 grand kids. I work for my twin sister in her restaurant now, worked most of my life in various levels in a grocery store, 32 years. I made and sold candles for many years on ebay and then on my own website but life got in the way so I just do tarts now for special orders. Now I am relaxing a bit and have turned into a major perfume whore too!
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

I am 57 yrs young, met my husband on eharmony 4 yrs ago and moved from California to Iowa-talk about a life change! I had been a pediatric nurse practitioner, and now am a triage nurse. We have 2 lovely little pooches-Romeo and Juliet, and my almost 17yr stepson living with us. I am completley addicted to body products and things that smell good (and bright shiney objects!). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:37 am

Cats in the Cradle wrote:
I can see I am the old fart here, but only in age, not attitude, LOL. I'm 55, married with 3 kids and 4 grand kids. I work for my twin sister in her restaurant now, worked most of my life in various levels in a grocery store, 32 years. I made and sold candles for many years on ebay and then on my own website but life got in the way so I just do tarts now for special orders. Now I am relaxing a bit and have turned into a major perfume whore too!

Hey, there's no old farts here! (and besides, I'm right behind you! LOL)

Your candle business... are you in PA and is your name Carol? I bought candles from a lady on eBay for quite some time!

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 am

debibob wrote:
I am 57 yrs young, met my husband on eharmony 4 yrs ago and moved from California to Iowa-talk about a life change! I had been a pediatric nurse practitioner, and now am a triage nurse. We have 2 lovely little pooches-Romeo and Juliet, and my almost 17yr stepson living with us. I am completley addicted to body products and things that smell good (and bright shiney objects!). Very Happy

Awww Deb!

CYBER LOVE! That's fantastic!!! You know, Jay and I met online 15 years ago when there weren't websites for matching... the web was in it's infancy. We met and he moved from SF to Pittsburgh...

Small world!

Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Nice to "meet" you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Rob wrote:
Cats in the Cradle wrote:

Hey, there's no old farts here! (and besides, I'm right behind you! LOL)

Your candle business... are you in PA and is your name Carol? I bought candles from a lady on eBay for quite some time!

No Rob, but I know who you are talking about.....

Good, someone else can be the old fart!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

I know lots of people who found their mates on the internet. It's a wonderful world!
Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey guys~ Looks like I'm the youngest one here! xD I'm 22 and currently living in Kansas.
I also met my boyfriend on the internet and he lives in Amsterdam, we've been together for 5 years and I'm going to visit him for the 3rd time in January.
I love all good smelling things, especially perfume. <3 I'm currently in college studying to become a kindergarten teacher. My main interests are fashion, especially goth fashion, ball jointed dolls and monster high dolls, and sewing for them and myself.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Yeah for cyber love! That is great , Rob. Yes, it would have been just starting 15yrs ago. how many times had you two met before Jay moved? Clark and I were married 2 months after 1st talking-very whirlwind-love at first sight. I didn't move until 5mon later-had to retire from that job, get packed, sell my condo, etc. I think about all the relationships that would not be if no internet-amazing! I feel so lucky and I know you and Jay do too!
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 11:24 pm

Well, this is quite a trend. I also met my BF of 9 years online, rather clandestinely and unintentionally. Not on a dating site, but on the message boards of one of our favorite bands. We eventually realized we lived only 50 miles apart and after a month of writing we met at a local mall and just walked around for seven hours, until closing. Still together. Not married, no kids, but 1 precious and very mischieveous furbaby, Maisy.

So other than that...I'm a 30 year old library technical assistant. I love writing, reading, making Steampunk style and altered art jewelry, nature, kittehs, cooking, smell-wells and pretty shiny things. I'm an INFJ on the Myers- Brigg Personality assessment....yup, that's about it. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 5:28 pm

INFJ here, too! Razz
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 am

I'm also an INFJ, or sometimes an INTJ, depending on the day that I take the test. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:33 pm

I didn't meet my husband on the internet (we met in the days back when most people didn't have internet at home) but I did meet one of my closest female friends on the internet, a make-up forum in fact. She introduced me to perfume oils though we do of course have much in common beyond smelly, pretty things Laughing We live close enough to each other that we can visit fairly regularly for weekend visits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me a bit about yourself :)   Tell me a bit about yourself :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me a bit about yourself :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: