Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In need of a pity party

Go down 
+7
Cats in the Cradle
TheAnglican
Rob
AngloAngel
lov2read68
Liber Vix
lynda
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lynda

lynda

In need of a pity party Empty
PostSubject: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:57 pm

It looks like my package was run over by a postal truck Sad

At least my sample of Snowshoe Pass survived! What a gorgeous scent!!

In need of a pity party BS1

In need of a pity party BS2

In need of a pity party BS3

In need of a pity party Image8

In need of a pity party BS4
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:48 am

My pity, you haz it! Crying or Very sad

That is like a bad joke, that huge "WE CARE"...do you, USPS, do you?
I've never seen a package like that before, what an abomination to to see those lovely SS goodies so mangled. Must go now. I need a cry.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
lynda

lynda

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:01 am

Thank you, dearest. I was beside myself.
How do you like the verbiage on the WE CARE bag...
"we hope this incident did not inconvenience you".
What do they think it did... they destroyed my beloved Old Cedar Magus soaps!

Going back to my pity party with Ben and Jerry..
Back to top Go down
lov2read68

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 am

pale Oh my - my heart is stuck in my throat.....so sad. I'm glad you had Ben & Jerry's. And Snowshoe Pass is wonderful!
No writing on the plastic bag would have been preferable to We Care & hope there's been no inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked pale No

OhEmmGee!!!!

My jaw just hit the floor! I am soooo sorry that happened! And you're right... if they 'CARED' then it wouldn't have been run over than, would it? My heart goes out to you.

Huge huggles!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:57 am

OMG!

The post office needs to be REPRIMANDED for treating the PRECIOUS that way! It makes me sick to see Old Cedar Magus treated like that!

Sad

Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Wow, I have never seen a package mangled that badly before! Sad I had one from Lush UK that came in several pieces packed in a plastic bag like that, but the products inside somehow weren't quite so horrendously disfigured.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I wish I had some OCM... I'd be glad to share with you.

Those pictures make my SS stash cry.
Back to top Go down
lynda

lynda

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Thank you, SS friends, for all of your heartfelt sympathy.

Honestly; it came to mind to sue the USPS for emotional distress tongue

I was able to pick out the shredded paper that was embedded in the soap, so I'll be able
to salvage and use a couple sections from the destruction.
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Why does the PO deliver a package like that? Why not send it back so the sender can take care of it right away?

I received my first ever damaged box, a Moonalisa order with spilled 4 in 1 making the box extremely damp and ready to give on the bottom. I can not believe they deliver a box like that.
Back to top Go down
lynda

lynda

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Cats in the Cradle wrote:
Why does the PO deliver a package like that? Why not send it back so the sender can take care of it right away?

I received my first ever damaged box, a Moonalisa order with spilled 4 in 1 making the box extremely damp and ready to give on the bottom. I can not believe they deliver a box like that.

They don't send it back to the sender, because the damage was not the senders fault. They are the responsible party, but unfortunately it's my loss.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I really think they should refund you for the package or give you some sort of compensation. Surely they can't just mangle people's packages and do nothing about it?

As a side note--Rob, I love your icon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lynda

lynda

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
I really think they should refund you for the package or give you some sort of compensation. Surely they can't just mangle people's packages and do nothing about it?

I agree 100%! but I have a feeling, that since the package was not insured, they are not liable.

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 am

Wow...I'm speechless. That is seriously the most atrocious condition I have ever seen connected with a package delivery. I once had a package of 3 16 oz. bottles of oils arrive with one of the bottles COMPLETELY EMPTY (which means it leaked out of the package and most likely on to other peoples' packages). The sender was responsible considering she packed the bottles without any bubble wrap and stuck them in a priority mail ENVELOPE (that's right, 3 lbs of oils in an envelope) and I've had several mishaps with one particular supplier and FedEx but nothing like that. I mean, the soap is obliterated! The only thing I could think is that it really was run over. I am so sorry for your loss, Lynda. Sad It is true that we don't insure packages but as the seller I feel like if the package is so obviously damaged by USPS and has nothing to do with the seller or buyer, it would be best to compensate the buyer. In this case, it's obvious what happened. If the package had been lost or stolen, it's a lot harder to blame it on USPS.

We had a mail carrier that completely obliterated our neighbor's mailbox. G came out to check the mail only to see the mail truck parked near the mailbox and the box somehow had flown through the air and landed in the cul-de-sac. G says "What happened there?" and the driver said "it just fell off when I opened it to put the mail in". Um...it fell off and flew 10 feet away? And the post was completely split in half with part of it actually attached to the box? The driver said that the wood must have been rotten. The wood was not soft or wet and it was actually splintered. So the driver propped the box against the post bwahahaha AND LEFT IT LIKE THAT with no note or anything! Our neighbor is kind of...lazy...so we were taking bets on how long it would take him to replace the box and how long before the box fell in the gutter and STAYED THERE. The funniest part? The mail carrier continued delivering mail into the mailbox when it did fall in the gutter and the neighbor continued checking it...in the gutter. I cannot think of this story without laughing hysterically. Our neighbor probably thought WE were the ones who destroyed his box since our mailbox is right next to his. especially if word ever got back to him that G and I were standing there pointing and laughing hysterically while I took pictures!

Here is the photographic evidence lol This is it after the carrier tried to position it so that it's in the "act natural" position:

In need of a pity party Img_5810

In need of a pity party Img_5811

He'll never notice! Riiiiiiiigggt. If you'd like to know how the saga ends, I can tell you that G called it. He said that the neighbor would have a few buddies over and make a "project" out of replacing the mailbox, complete with a case of beer and maybe a barbeque so that the new mailbox installation would be a kind of event. He was right. Three dudes drinking beer and listening to music were able to put their minds together and tackle the perplexing project of destroyed mailbox removal and new mailbox installation. THERE IS HOPE FOR HUMANITY!

P.S. Rob, your avatar is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:32 am

Ugh, lynda, that is just ridiculous! I mean, how the hell does that kind of damage happen? And yeah, the whole message from USPS on that bag is just, well, dumb.

I'm sorry your package got mangled!
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 am

lynda wrote:
Cats in the Cradle wrote:

They don't send it back to the sender, because the damage was not the senders fault. They are the responsible party, but unfortunately it's my loss.

OK then, if they are admitting guilt, why are they not responsible? I know the sender is not responsible for them damaging the package but a claim by the sender can be made, correct? If not, no wonder the PO is going down. It was always my understanding with insurance or without, that package should be expected to reach it's destination in one piece.
Back to top Go down
lynda

lynda

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Angela, it is so kind of you to compensate for my loss. How unexpected and generous of you. Thank you, very, very much! I was glad it was only two bars of soap in my package and not more precious SS items. It really did appear to look like it was run over. The green and black shredded paper, which you use to stuff the box, was deeply embedded into the soap. There was a layer of it on the top, and another layer of it actually inside the soap! It took me a couple days to have the heart and look at it closely to see if I could salvage any of it. As hard as it was, I threw away the one with all the embedded paper. The mangled bar which still had the wrapping on it, I was able to cut away the deformed parts and save a third of the bar for use.

Quote :
G came out to check the mail only to see the mail truck parked near the mailbox and the box somehow had flown through the air and landed in the cul-de-sac. G says "What happened there?" and the driver said "it just fell off when I opened it to put the mail in". Um...it fell off and flew 10 feet away?

Omg... what a riot!!! Seriously. Does that mailman actually think that someone would believe his fib?? Geeesh. I'm ROLF that the lazy neighbor actually left the mail box in the gutter, and retrieved his mail from it! haha. It's also great how a case of beer and a BBQ can get a bunch of guy friends to do about anything.

xxoo

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:25 pm

catsinthecradle - As far as I know, we cannot make a claim unless the package was insured.

Lynda, shooting you a PM. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:25 pm

Angela, a friend of mine was a mailman in his initial probationary months on the job. He did that to a mailbox and was fired immediately. I'm guessing that the carrier who did that to your neighbor's mailbox was probably worried about what this accident could mean for their job. Not that it makes it OK...or any less funny. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of a pity party   In need of a pity party Empty

Back to top Go down

In need of a pity party
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solstice Scents :: General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: