Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)

Go down 
+25
fortemestra
cuculine
frckls
Loraphant
pandasoul
elliejelly
papaya
WillowMetals
ElMalOjo
tantalyzingt
solstice sister
shibamistress
TXlaurie
StarSylvie
Renna
AudSS
dollbones
cbalogh
katmish
sam
LittleBird
rinster
SolsticeScholar
Harvest
Solstice Scents
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 am

NIGHTGOWN
Vanilla, White Chocolate, Tuberose & Tiare Flowers

Offered in Perfume, Ganache, Burnishing Glace.

Description: A sensual and very creamy floral fragrance, Nightgown evokes the image of a gorgeous satin nightie with lace trim. It fits like a second skin and is the perfect attire for lounging and snuggling. This perfume is the representation of the fabric itself: beautiful, plush, sweet and delicate with white velvety petals from exotic flowers that entrance you with aphrodisiac qualities. The floral notes are very creamy, well rounded and tame while still being detectable and not too heady, sharp or perfumey. The dominant notes are a vanilla accord blended with a touch of divine white chocolate. The floral notes are present on initial application and for some time on the skin though on the long term dry down they will recede and the vanillas and white chocolate will be predominant. If you like the vanilla accord in Manor and Snowshoe Pass, it makes a striking appearance in this blend! Nightgown is wispy, innocent and mysterious at once - like feathers and a gently strummed harp.

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) Ngperf10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I just got my sample, and had to put it on immediately. This is seriously amazingly beautiful. I loved it in the vial, and even more on my skin. Often, white flowers do not do well on me--they go sickly or overpoweringly headachey. (Tubereuse Criminelle and Carnal Flower are the two exceptions that I love and that love me back.) I got this hoping that these flowers would indeed be soft and lovely, and oh my indeed they are. This seems to carry some of the Tubereuse Criminelle notes that I adore--adore, I say!--but the vanilla and white chocolate bring in a softened sweetness that is absolutely amaaaaazing. I seriously cannot stop sniffing my skin.

This is a very seductive scent, but not a strip tease seduction. This is more like a long slow kiss that melts muscles and bone and makes you come back for more.

The longer this is on my skin, the softer it becomes (the description of this is, again, spot on), but it still retains that gorgeous heart.

Please, oh, please please please make this a permanent! (Can you see me begging on my knees?)

I had to come back to add one thing: There are just some scents that grab you and won't let you go. For me, this is one of them. I have a lot of scents from a lot of different places, but there are only a few (mostly samples because I can't think of spending hundreds on a full bottle) that I count as absolute adores. I love scents, have fun with them, but for the most part I just enjoy the fun of the scent journey. However, every now and then, one comes along that makes me feel like I found part of myself that I didn't know was missing. This is one of those rare lovelies, for me. It's just that good.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:37 pm

As a general rule, I am not a floral fan, but I like this scent. I was tempted by the vanilla accord and I'm glad I was. Nightgown smells like clean, creamy skin with a hint of fresh, exotic florals. It bears comparison to Lace Draped Spectre because of the shared vanilla and floral notes, but is more creamy and less spicy. It also reminds me of Spirit Tree but the floral notes are softer and more well-rounded. Fans of either of these scents would like Nightgown. Angela, I would venture to say that this is definitely one of the best floral scents you have made and you definitely should make more if you are able to obtain the out of stock ingredient. I have to agree with Harvest that this scent should possibly go GC because it is such a beautiful and likable floral that even those who don't usually like florals would enjoy.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 5:49 pm

First of all, I loved Harvest's review--"long slow kiss that melts muscle and bone"--oh my!

This is heady, romantic, and yet poignant, too. The image of Billie Holiday with a gardenia tucked behind her ear springs to my mind. (I believe tiare is a type of gardenia.)

I second Solstice Scholar's comparison to other white florals like Lace Draped Spectre and Spirit Tree. Fans of Snowshoe Pass will also be very pleased with this one. So glad I sprang for a bottle unsniffed!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am

I love the reviews of this so far, and also wanted to add in my love for this blend <3.
Tuberose is one of my death notes (turns very sharp and perfumey on me), but Nightgown is a heavenly mix of tiare and vanilla on me. The tiare/gardenia smells creamy, tropical, and slightly clean & cool. And the vanilla is creamy and gorgeous. It smells like a night scent to me, like being in a tropical paradise and staring up at a sky full of stars.
Tiare is one of the few floral smells that I really enjoy, and the tiare note here is just amazing. There's nothing sharp or off about the scent at all.
I'm really sad that I didn't order a full size perfume in this (I was scared off by the tuberose, booo), and hope that more is available in the future.
Back to top Go down
sam

PostSubject: Beautiful and romantic scent   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I really hate floral scents. I find them too heady and sickly sweet for my liking. I tried Nightgown because the description implied it was a understated scent with light touches of floral. I was intrigued enough to get it as my free sample, and I'm so glad that I did! And btw Angela, your perfume descriptions are spot on Smile It is so beautiful!!! The floral notes are there, but they stay in the background, without being heady and perfumy. I smell jasmine too..I know jasmine isn't a note in this scent. Its probably the Tiara flower.

I'm going to be so sad when my sample runs out.
I hope you bring it back, Angela. I'm definitely going to get everything in this scent if you do Smile

Back to top Go down
katmish

katmish

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:18 pm

I asked for a sample of this and I'm really glad I did. I love floral perfumes but, unfortunately, they rarely love my skin chemistry. I especially like white florals like gardenia but they almost always end up smelling metallic (I think some people call this "sharp") on my skin. Nightgown is great! I was concerned about the white chocolate note but one really does not smell it - it has a true creamy gardenia scent without the sharp-metallic smell and it fades into a lovely floral vanilla mix. Nightgown works much better for me than Lace Draped Spectre where he spicy scent was dominant.

P.S. I think this would smell great with coconut in the background also - not sure if that's possible? That would be a wonderful summer perfume!
Back to top Go down
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:16 pm

I just got my new bottle of Nightgown, and immediately had to put some on. I cannot say enough how thrilled I am this one came back. It is so deliciously pretty. *Happy sigh

Edited to add that one reason I am so thrilled with this one is that *most* "big" florals (tuberose, jasmine, etc.) can either go headachy on me or they get so big they end up wearing me. This one, even though the florals are definitely present, the flowers are so lovely and well-behaved and balanced so nicely with the other notes. I really hope this one never goes away.
Back to top Go down
cbalogh

cbalogh

PostSubject: NIGHTGOWN (VDay 2012 Collection)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Just wanted to add another voice to the chorus - this is THE floral scent that does not give me any headaches, only pleasure. I am susceptible to migraines, and scent can trigger them if I'm not careful....this gentle, breezy, warm-earth floral is just pure joy. I'm so glad it's being considered for the General Catalog!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dollbones

dollbones

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:52 am

Oh, how I hope this goes GC. It's such a gorgeous scent. As a big fan of Snowshoe Pass myself, I can vouch that if you like Snowshoe Pass you'll probably like Nightgown too. I tried it for the first time tonight and already slathered on half of my sample vial.

Sweet, light, and creamy. The vanilla, white chocolate and breezy soft florals intertwine beautifully here. It sits very close to my skin, it's definitely a sensual skin scent and I love that about it. It's smooth, mellow and comforting. This is raved about for a reason! So, so pretty.
Back to top Go down
AudSS

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

This is GORGEOUS. The first SS scent I ordered in a FS without sampling.

On me, the vanilla is very muted, but the tuberose and tiare are dominant. I like it that way.

It is indeed subtle, understated with a tinge of citrus to it, just a tad. I LOVE IT and would stock up again.
Back to top Go down
Renna

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:20 am

Nothing to say, really, but "Wow". Like everyone else has said, this is gorgeous. White florals are normally terrible on me because they make me sneeze, but Nightgown is so perfectly creamy and just-the-right-amount-of-sweet, I slather it on. On me, the vanilla and white chocolate are dominant, but the gardenia is still very present and it is just lovely.

I look like an idiot, of course, because I end up walking around with my wrist pressed to my nose, but I don't even care. It's one of the most delicious things I've ever worn and it's one of the perfumes that tends to earn comments from people nearby ("Hey, it smells really good in here").

When it was made GC I think an angelic choir probably burst into Ode to Joy. I certainly did when I sniffed it for the first time!
Back to top Go down
StarSylvie

StarSylvie

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:24 pm

I love this! And what a surprise that was! I guess it's name, Nightgown, sounded too girly to me. I'm glad I tried it 'cause I loved it.

Upon application, I smelled a gorgeous jasmine--and that's weird because I don't think it contains jasmine--then, as it dried, I picked up a beautiful blend of what smelled, to me, like a big bouquet of elegant white flowers standing upright in a sparkling cut crystal vase on a round wood table by a window looking out on a garden with trees, and on one of those trees, a little gray squirrel looking right back at that window and the beautiful white posies on the other side.

I swear I'm not on drugs, just on perfume.

Nightgown is beautiful, and it never got sickening/cloying.
Back to top Go down
TXlaurie

TXlaurie

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

If flowers would have a consistency of heavy cream, they would smell like this. Weird to picture, amazing to smell - trust me! But it's so much more complex than that ... with this scent you have a different sensory experience every 15 minutes or so. I wasn't sure I liked it much at first, but it grew on me every time I sniffed it until it finally had a hold of me. It's nothing like you expect, but in a GOOD way. Very unique!
Back to top Go down
shibamistress

shibamistress

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 4:05 pm

I didn't buy this initially because I'm not big on florals (though white florals are usually ok) and then it was compared to Snowshoe Pass, which is one of the few SS's I really actively dislike. So I thought there was no way I would like this.

It's not only one of my favorite SS's, but it's now an alltime favorite perfume (and I adore the lotion too--if possible, it's even better than the perfume!)

This opens with heady, gorgeous white florals. The tiare is particularly noticeable, and it is gorgeous. Behind that, you can smell a little bit of white chocolate and vanilla, which grounds the florals really nicely.

After the florals fade a bit, the perfume is mostly vanilla and white chocolate and is quite lovely. This is a lovely scent that sticks close to the body, and lingers beautifully.

The only thing I wish is that this would last a bit longer. It doesn't fade too fast, but it is so lovely I would be happy to have it linger longer.

And lotion is gorgeous--perhaps the cocoa butter adds to the scent of this a bit, because it's even richer than the perfume. Together, they are a gorgeous duo!
Back to top Go down
solstice sister

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 pm

While digging out my stash to post for the contest, I came across a rollerball f this I forgot I had purchased last year. I cannot tell you how happy I am.
This scent is so wonderful. Florals don't always play nice with my skin. No matter what floral, no matter what strength, it always reads "old lady floral" on my skin.
Not this.
It's sort of a "my skin but better" scent. It hugs your curves and makes people want to get closer.
A light, creamy floral with sweet, youthful vanilla.
It transitions well from a girls first perfume, to the perfect scent for your wedding day. It has enough floral to make it grown up, but enough vanilla to keep it sweet and romantic.
If Erin could make sachays of this, that would be greeeeeeeat LOL. I would need a couple for my lingerie drawer, and then another case for my vintage storage. Hats, gloves, scarves. Ugh I want all my handkerchiefs to be dowsed in this scent.
Back to top Go down
tantalyzingt

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:35 pm

This is such a beautiful creamy gourmandy floral..mmm..
I only got a sample but its not going to last.

This is now on my top 3 favorite perfume oils and I have tons from various companies.
holy I love it so much.This has good difusion too,I cannot wait to wear this on a humid day.
Back to top Go down
ElMalOjo

ElMalOjo

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm

This was my introduction into the world of indie perfumery. I had never tried perfume oil and while searching around blogs and websites, I kept coming across Solstice Scents and more specifically "Nightgown". Being a fan of girly scents, I have to say, I was not let down.

I adore this scent. It is truly a delicate, creamy/sweet aroma on my skin. It lasts for hours upon initial application and the sillage is just right. I can be sitting at my desk five hours later and still catch a dreamy wisp of soft white vanilla petals. Sometimes after I shower at night before bed, I'll put a dab on just so I can smell it as I go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
WillowMetals

WillowMetals

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 pm

This is good, real good. I normaly don't like florals, but this is different. It is creamy, sweet, and sensual. I really enjoy this and it was a total surprise. I am not familiar with tuberose which is a note in this perfume. But I feel like I detect Carnation which is not a note. Carnations tend to have a sweet and spicy scent to them. I get that with the florals in this perfume. It is beautiful and sexy, sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowmetals.etsy.com
papaya

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:16 am

Nightgown is tied with Lace Draped Spectre as my all-time favorite perfume from Solstice Scents, or anywhere else for that matter. The tuberose and tiare are delicate and silky, and the vanilla is creamy and light. The subtle white chocolate was unexpected at first, but it really adds something special to the scent. Nightgown evokes a sense of sweet romance; I picture wearing it for Valentine's Day or at my wedding (though in reality, I can't resist wearing it every week). I can't imagine a more exquisite, soft, feminine perfume - I'm in love!
Back to top Go down
elliejelly

elliejelly

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 10:51 am

Vanilla, White Chocolate, Tuberose & Tiare Flowers

What am I doing on this thread? What are these notes that I usually find outrageous when paired together. I have been charmed in a way I never thought I would be with this perfume. I thought I had the shock of my perfume life with Black Forest, but Nightgown was something else entirely for me. If anyone has seen any of my reviews around the forum, I lean very much towards perfumes which are masculine/herbal/green/earthy/dirty/dark, so what's going on here?

Nightgown came to me highly recommended by a circle of friends, and I wasn't so sure it would a fragrance for me. However seeing how many people ended up adoring this blend I had to check it out. Wow. This is seriously stunning and seriously not what I usually like, but wow, it's just such a well put together perfume.

On opening it seems almost juicy and succulent, with an almost citrus hint to it. That's quickly robed with a smooth coating of vanilla and the white chocolate. The white chocolate I find to be quite delicate, and unless you have skin that may want to amp that, it's more of a support. At least that's how the white chocolate operates with my skin. The florals are very pretty and feminine and give an almost waxy kind of floral tone. I'm not familiar with either flower (I'm not a huge floral girl!) so am not sure if that's something that would from the flowers. Regardless, it smells natural and not yucky, like a synthetic floral might.

Nightgown isn't something I wear often because I find it can be a little too intense on my skin. Even though I enjoy its fragrance, it can come across a little too sweet at times and I become a tad overwhelmed by it.

Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
pandasoul

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:39 am

Nightgown immediately reminded me of perfume that my grandmother wore. It is very feminine and floral straight out of the vial. I ordered Nightgown on a whim, I've never enjoyed floral perfumes but I thought I'd try one by Solstice Scents, especially one with such great reviews. This one didn't do it for me, even with the vanilla dry-down. This was too floral for me!
Back to top Go down
Loraphant

Loraphant

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:09 am

I'm not too much of a floral person but I got this based on a few recommendations I got. As I spend most of my time indoors on my laptop or playing video games, I really have no idea what any flowers save for roses smell like, so it's really my fault that I didn't like this.

Regardless, I really don't get any white chocolate, which I feel neither thrilled or disappointed about since I don't really care for the stuff. The vanilla isn't noticeable as "vanilla" by itself, but it sweetens the flowers. Again, I don't know what tuberose or tiare flowers smell like, but this actually smells quite like Muscat flavored gummies from a famous Japanese candy brand Kasugai . Unfortunately, it's the slightly white floral version of those gummies, which is not the type of thing I'd like to smell like despite being a foodie. I can appreciate florals, but I don't like it when they're overpowering. This was a really strong, wet, sharp scent on me, and the lasting power wasn't too great. While it doesn't work for me I can see why others love it!
Back to top Go down
frckls

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 9:26 am

Tuberose was heady, tempered down by tiare, vanilla and white chocolate. The creamy background is super lovely, but the tuberose was so strong that the creamy part never came out as loud as I wanted. Tiare is one of my favourite scents and I really wished for it to be in the limelight more.
I thought this would be my perfect spring/summer scent and I was ready to spring for a full-bottle. I'm so sad.
Back to top Go down
cuculine

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Depending on your view of big florals as sexy, Nightgown is either the flirty negligee described by SS or Nana's polyester nightshirt that she wears with furry bunny slippers. In the vial and wet on my skin, all I smell is creamy, waxy white florals with sickly-sweet edges. I'm not surprised that I can't smell vanilla or white chocolate because tuberose has a big head and demands constant center-stage attention from everyone, always. White florals can develop a savory, earthy profile on me that's almost like being hugged by a gigantic, fat, sweaty rubber mushroom; the fact that Nightgown doesn't do that here is a credit to the vanilla and white chocolate keeping this composition luscious and buttery, even if I can't smell them. No sillage to speak of despite tuberose's reputation for being loud, but considering its name, I suppose wearing close to the skin is intentional. That's fine with me, I like scents that stay close. But the smell does not last either - before the second hour, all I smell is vanilla chocolate (not too foody, but also not expensive), and only if I inhale directly on my skin. It remains very faint for half-hour after that. Somehow, Nightgown foiled my skin's vanilla retention powers. The description made it seem like the vanilla accord in Nightgown is similar to/the same as the vanilla in Manor, but I don't smell the resemblance, which is a pity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next