Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)

Go down 
+8
elliejelly
Ross W
s.supreme
shibamistress
LittleBird
debibob
StarSylvie
Solstice Scents
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) Empty
PostSubject: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:18 pm

CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE
Sandalwood, White Sandalwood, Honeysuckle, Champa & White Lotus

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Offered as a 5 ml Premium Perfume

Description:  Cascade of Gold is an utterly amazing, 100% natural and exquisite blend of essential oils, absolutes and Indian attars blended in our rice bran carrier oil.  Notes of sandalwood, white sandalwood, honeysuckle, champa and white lotus combine to form a divine and meditative scent that is also very sensual.  Cascade of Gold has a base of exotic incensey woods with a very strong amber note that has subtle balsamic undertones.  The floral notes are delicately blended so as to add just the right exotic touch to the warm wood and amber notes.  It smells like bottled sunset with the last of the days' golden orange rays peeking out mixed with humid deep south air that has been perfumed by a concentration of mid spring blooms.  You can almost literally feel a warmth radiating from your skin with this scent on.  The champa is the finest quality I've found and it contributes a delicate edge of spice to the blend as well.  The florals serenely float at the top of the blend adding a velvety white note for the first 10 minutes.  Their voice becomes softer and evolves to a relatively stable blend without morphing that smells warm, sweet, ambery, golden, robust, full bodied, exotic, floral and extremely sexy.  Cascade of Gold would make a wonderful blend for yoga, meditation, scrying or just before bed as it has a natural harmony and almost trance inducing properties.  

CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) Cascadeofgold4

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
StarSylvie

StarSylvie

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Cascade of Gold Premium Fragrance is a very unusual scent, and I like strange concoctions! Immediately upon application I smelled incense, a very subtle incense. I thought of a place in Miami that I visited so many times, so many years ago. It was called The 1800 Club. It was near the water. It was dark, with lots of highly polished wood and coral rock walls. Orchids and bromeliads poked out of the coral and wildly colored fish swam in marine tanks behind the bar. The pilots of the Goodyear blimp used to hang out at the bar. The 1800 had a sombre atmosphere. No one bothered you there. You could relax. Cascade of Gold surrounded me with this sort of mellow, smoky presence that relaxed me right away and transported me right back to The 1800 Club. Now that the fragrance has dried on my skin, I'm still able to smell its smokiness as well as a very interesting floral--the white lotus, perhaps--sort of like the flowers growing out of The 1800's coral walls. Cascade of Gold is beautiful and exotic.

Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm

This is even better than I imagined it would be! It is like standing in front of the Taj Mahal on a stunning sunny day and taking in all of the sights and sounds of India. It is just heaven-beautiful, pure clear sandalwood with a sweetness. This is certainly going to be my new favorite. Very exotic and sensual. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE this in a HFO, and a glace-OMG-that would be beyond fabulous!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:33 am

This scent is so strange on me. It has a sharp, white, smoky scent to it, like white incense smoke, dried flowers and hairspray. And then there's a weird sweetness that smells a bit like pink bubblegum (which I sometimes get from lotus notes), which doesn't match up well with the sharper, incensey notes. As it dries down, something turns sour and oddly boozy on me, smelling rather like whiskey o_O. If I were to guess at the notes in this, I would have said egyptian musk, opium, lotus and whiskey.
I don't see myself wearing this one again.
Back to top Go down
shibamistress

shibamistress

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I like this one, though can't decide yet if it is bottle worthy.

On me it starts out with a beautiful sweet incense notes. It IS a very nice Champa--sometimes I find champa overwhelming, but this is soft and lovely. I also get the amber, and it is a gorgeous, incense like blend. The lotus is there too, but in the background, which is good since I'm not a huge fan of lotus.

Overall this is soft and sweet and quite lovely and magical. But it fades fairly quickly on me, and since my perfume budget is limited, I have to be very careful about what I buy. I think I'll keep wearing the sample I got then decide how much of a "must have" it ends up being.
Back to top Go down
s.supreme

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm

I am not usually a fan of florals but cascade of gold gets it just right. The floral notes in this blend are warm and sultry and meld seamlessly into the creamy sandalwood, incense and amber notes. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Again Angela, you have surprised me. I read through the descriptions very carefully and in my imagination thought it would be far more floral and sweet than it actually is. To me, while it is certainly on the sweeter end of the spectrum, the fragrance is as much about the woods. The floral notes are not at all cloying (which I have noticed some floral heavy fragrances can be). There is a seriousness and abstraction to this fragrance that made it much more male friendly than I thought possible which I guess might be a result of the woods. I have tried it twice and was just as surprised the second time how much I was enjoying wearing it. Both times were light applications. While I had initially dismissed the fragrance as something I wouldn't be interested in, I am rethinking my position and am definitely considering a future purchase. I wonder whether in my imagination I thought it would be a sappy nectar sweetness? Instead it is a drier scent where the Florals are not centre stage but ensemble players. I now understand why you can describe it as "meditative" as it definitely has a calming clarity. To me it seems more mid morning, just as everything is being warmed by the sun rather than a sunset image. If you are male and haver never thought that a floral would be suitable or a woman who is looking for something that is different, give this a try.
Back to top Go down
elliejelly

elliejelly

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:29 pm

This opens as the most prettiest, and delicate incense and it just smells so friendly and comforting. I know that sounds weird, but I think Angela is spot on about this being a bed time scent. I feel very calm whilst wearing this.

I'm not very good at describing florals, but I consider this to be a little sweet yet quite understated and elegant. Infact this is what this is: pure elegance. Some mentioned something reminiscent of bubblegum, and I agree however I don't find it to be cloying as the smokey quality still floats around and rounds it down on my skin. Overall this smells quite warm and indeed 'golden'. You could picture yourself lazing around on a vintage velvelt/velour boudoir chair wearing this scent, I know I do. Very evocative scent.
Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
ZombieMistress

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:37 pm

On the first sniff I liked this one. On the first sniff I got more of the Sandalwood smell and the dry down on this one is more subtle but I think the Honeysuckle, Lotus & Champa are more predominant with the Sandalwoods as the back note.
Back to top Go down
zombichick

zombichick

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 am

Oh, this is amazing. This is so beautifully crafted to smell just like a golden sunset. This scent is very much like summer. It is bright and very sweet. Upon first application, I get a lot of the floral smells, the honeysuckle and champa and lotus. Later, like maybe an hour in, I start to get a lot more of the sandalwood and amber and it mellows out a bit. Sad to say this one did not last too long on me, maybe four hours at most. But I wouldn't mind reapplication to get some more of that golden yumminess. This one is definitely a winner, and I will buy a fullsize for spring/summer. This is definitely not an autumn/winter scent.
Back to top Go down
amandabear

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 pm

In the vial, I have no idea what I’m smelling. Really. But I like it. It smells yellow. On skin it’s smoother than in the vial. It’s very warm, a little like incense but without the smoke and gagging (I hate incense) – so unlit incense, I guess. It’s a little bit sweet, and as it dries down I smell something a bit floral, but not in the sense that I usually think of florals – it’s mellow and quiet in a way that floral notes rarely are on my skin. Mostly I’m still just getting warm and yellow, though I will freely admit that that may only be because I know what it’s called. In any case, I love this. A lot. Totally unexpected, but there you go.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 11:43 am

I love that Angela offers natural perfumes so I always make extra sure to try these out. Like Zombi said, I'm envisioning an orangey red sunset. The champa give it a very mediational vibe and the sandalwood gives it a nice solid base and a little more longevity than I usually experience with naturals. My only sad is the lotus, with whom my skin has an ongoing feud. Other than that, quite lovely.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:39 pm

So I decided I loved the concept of "Cascade" so much and so many of the ingredients that I had to give it another try. I've tried lotus in various blends, but it's left me kind of queasy.

I ordered a fresh sample this year and we are getting along much better now. It may be how my skin is reacting to it differently or my nose's appreciation of it, but I love this without reservation. Bottle please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)   CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring) Empty

Back to top Go down

CASCADE OF GOLD PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5 ML (Spring)
Page 1 of 1