Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)

Go down 
+3
Rob
rinster
Solstice Scents
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) Empty
PostSubject: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 pm

INQUISITOR
A Dark Resinous Blend of Myrrh, Labdanum, Beeswax Absolute, Frankincense, Amber and More

Not to be used by women who are pregnant or nursing.  Due to the contents of beeswax absolute, this fragrance is not Vegan.

This perfume was reformulated 2015 and has a separate thread.
Offered as a Perfume oil in the General Catalog

Description: Like the history that inspired its creation, this blend is dark, heavy on Myrrh and Labdanum Essential oils with a background of Frankincense Essential Oil, all on a blanket of sweet smokey Beeswax Absolute, Benzoin Resin, Peru Balsam EO, Amber, Leather and fire. This is a very resinous blend that is supported by the sweet vanilla-balsamic ambered notes and is definitely geared towards those that like darker essential oils and resinous scents.  The drydown is dry and sweet.

The full recipe, including rice bran carrier, is steeped in a Bain-marie type method over low-heat for some time. This mixture goes through a curing period prior to being offered in the shop and continues to age very nicely. This curing process is an important and required step in the creation of this fragrance to allow all of the components to meld together.

Inquisitor is not strained.  Therefore, you will notice some cloudiness left from the beeswax absolute and other botanical particulate in the blend.  These items really contribute to the overall scent profile and will continue to do so as this fragrance ages.  Gently shake your closed perfume bottle prior to application to disburse all components.

Inquisitor is not as loud as some of the other fragrances in the shop. It has a softness about it along the lines of the Conjure drydown.  It's worn just a little closer to the skin than many of our other fragrances. Due to the multiple fixatives used and the curing time, this blend has surprising staying power. A unisex fragrance.

INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) Inquis10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Subject: INQUISITOR (General Catalog   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:09 pm

As I said in my Basilica review, this is Basilica's evil fraternal twin. It's in the same ecclesiastical vein, but much darker and foreboding--with the leather giving it a slightly malevolent edge. I'm not sure what the "fire" ingredient is, but I'm sure that's contributing as well. Kind of like the candle it represents, the beeswax lightens and sweetens the blend, keeping it from complete darkness. This is a very complex and fascinating scent.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Rinster is spot on with their review in that Inquisitor is Basilica's evil twin! This blend is so dark, yet warm and sweet and is beautifully blended. I haven't worn it for a few months, but today is a dark, damp cold day and it fits perfectly.

The deep resins and beeswax are sweet, but the added note of leather indeed brings this scent to a darker level. it's churchy like Basilica, yet even darker and smokier. A very personal scent, Inquisitor seems to only get better with age in the bottle.

HIGHLY recommended, but only for dark, resinous lovers. The work that is put in to creating this blend is quite noticeable from it's complexity.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:47 am

On me, Inquisitor goes on smelling like leather, black pepper, a swirl of non-harsh smokiness, and a woody spiciness that makes me think of Christmas for some reason (doesn't smell like baking spices or bad potpourri at all, more of sweetness and woods). It's not as harsh as that sounds, though, because the resins and woods really soften the leather and make this smell sweeter and very complex. The leather isn't as strong in the drydown and I get more of the woods and creamy, vanilla-ish scent.

This smells darker and more complex than Basilica does on my skin. I really like this one, though Manor is still my favorite scent ever and my favorite for incense & woods <3.

ETA: I've had my sample for a couple weeks and I'm getting more of a dusty pine/evergreen smell from it now. It has gotten more dry-woodsy and amberlike, and less spicy smelling to my nose.
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Ah leather, why do you hate me so? A fabulous scent in the vial but unfortunately on my skin the leather, and beeswax to a lesser extent, completely dominate. I am sad!
Back to top Go down
Kristan1216

Kristan1216

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:03 am

Inquisitor is one of my go-to scents. I love it's darkness ~ the leather and vanilla wafts up and is so intoxicating. I wear this one all year long. In the warmer months, it turns into this luscious scent that envelops me.

I highly recommend this scent flower
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:29 pm

Inquisitor perfume will need to be reformulated due to no longer being able to obtain one of the notes. The reformulation should smell very close to the original. If you'd like the original formula, there are only TWO of these perfumes left: http://www.solsticescents.com/INQUISITOR-PERFUME--LAST-TWO-OF-THIS-FORMULA_p_80.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Inquisitor is a richly textured and nuanced fragranced that bears all of the trademarks of this house. It is not quite as resinous and dark as I had imagined and "Rob" is absolutely correct in describing it as predominantly sweet - yet it is not a light sweetness as the other notes definitely provide a contrasting depth. There is a resinous touch that one user associates with Christmas and I can understand that association, but it is really only a hint and caused by the resins I suspect. For me, the scent is close wearing and despite the listed ingredients, is a soft and gentle experience. While I am taken immediately by the opening, I was disappointed by what I perceived by the very short duration of the fragrance. However, if this happens to you as well, be aware that may simply be due to you skin chemistry. This is the first scent I am aware of that is so effected by my skin. When applied to fabric, the scent lasts up to two days, yet when applied to my skin, it disappears within thirty minutes. Thanks to Angela for pointing this out to me. I apply to both skin and fabric when wearing this and enjoy the meditative aura effect the fragrance instills. Absolutely suitable for men and women to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)   INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

INQUISITOR (Original Formula. Reformulated 2015 - Separate Thread)
Page 1 of 1