Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COQUINA (Summer 2013)

Go down 
+7
papaya
ZombieMistress
greenphoenix
LittleBird
TheAnglican
debibob
Solstice Scents
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

COQUINA (Summer 2013) Empty
PostSubject: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:25 pm

COQUINA
Sandalwood, Orange Blossom, Clementine EO, Beach Sand, Plumeria Absolute, Coconut, Ginger EO & A Splash of Sea-spray

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING. THIS FRAGRANCE CONTAINS A CITRUS OIL. CITRUS OILS ARE PHOTOTOXIC AND THIS FRAGRANCE SHOULD NOT BE USED PRIOR TO PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE.

Offered as part of the Summer 2013 collection in Perfume, Glace, Whipped Soap, Ganache and Dead Sea Salt Oatmeal Milk Bath

Coquina is a bright and beautiful sandalwood fragrance embellished with tons of orange blossoms and juicy clementine EO lavishly spread on to hot beach sand that has been softly misted by sea-spray. The fragrance is enhanced with a little plumeria (frangipani) absolute, coconut and a delicate touch of ginger essential oil. Coquina marries sand and surf with an incense like sandalwood blend, juicy citrus and exotic florals. On cold sniff the orange blossoms, clementine and sandalwood dominate. On the skin the sea mist and sand are detectable after the first few minutes of wear. The coconut and ginger are very subtle but add important nuances to Coquina's profile. Plumeria absolute smells nothing like its synthetic counterparts. In this blend, it is used lightly to add body to the orange blossom without overpowering. On the dry down (which comes quickly) the light sandalwood notes dominate with alternating currents of sand and sea spray. The floral notes are primarily top notes that recede into a very tame and faint presence. Coquina is a feminine soft tropical woods blend that is very wearable and perfect for summer!

Coquina contains a blend of fragrance oils and the following essential oils and absolutes: frangipani, clementine, ginger and mitti attar.

COQUINA (Summer 2013) Coquin10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Fabulous!   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:12 pm

I love this scent! Beautiful sandalwood scent with a little beachy tropical note-very soft and yummy. Initially it is quite citrusy-that kind of bitter citrus but quickly goes into this lovely sandalwood scent. I keep smelling my arm and getting whiffs-can occasionally get a tiny whiff of the plumeria-just love this! Will be a favorite!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
TheAnglican

TheAnglican

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 pm

I have Coquina in the bath salts and have been enjoying it. Basically, for me, Coquina is the frilly sweet beach scent counterpart to Gulf Breeze. I like the sweet notes coupled with the sandalwood. It almost has a whiff of an essential oil tan lotion, if that makes sense. I don't normally like the synthetic scents that try to mimic Hawaiian Tropic, but I do like Coquina. (in the salts, at least. I'm not sure if I'd like it as a leave-on product or not)
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 5:48 pm

I have this fragrance in the bath salts and it's not one of my favorites. It makes me think of Juicy Fruit gum and baby powder (a really dry and powdery sandalwood, I think).
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Coquina is very heady, to my nose - this scent is not for the faint of heart.  I primarily smell orange blossom, sandalwood, and a teeny bit of coconut.  I do like this fragrance, but I think it's just too strong for me (much like Tropical Moon).  If you love strong floral scents, you need to give Coquina a try - it will not disappoint!
Back to top Go down
ZombieMistress

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Only got a sample of this because of the orange and the plumeria in the blend. On the first smell and application it was spicy smelling and then the dry down on me became more of the plumeria. This blend isn't really to my liking but I think it's still a good, complex blend if you like plumeria.
Back to top Go down
papaya

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:22 pm

What a vibrant tropical summer perfume! The strongest notes on my skin are citrus and sandalwood, with hints of spicy ginger and salty beach air. Wearing this makes me want to move to a Caribbean island and live in a hut on the sand. Now, where's my suitcase?
Back to top Go down
pandasoul

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 am

Straight out of the vial Coquina smells like spicy oranges to me. Once it has sat on my skin for a few minutes the grounding scents of sandalwood and salty beach emerge. While other people seemed to enjoy this morph, I actually preferred the tartness of the citrus. The scent turned into a very beachy, aquatic type floral on my skin.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

Coquina could be a distant cousin of Heart of The Night in that that have a tropical feels and feature orange as a main note.  The orange in Coquina is a little stronger and more forward than in Heat of the Night.  It's heady and spicy, and maybe a little more brisk from the aquatic notes, so I'd call this the more outgoing of the two.

Last edited by rinster on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos r us)
Back to top Go down
amandabear

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 10:52 pm

In the vial, Coquina smells slightly aquatic, with sandalwood and orange notes. A bit similar to Heat of the Night that way, but much less sweet and deep. On skin it's all sandalwood with a strong dose of florals. It's clean and a little powdery, and there's a kind of "wet" smell to it that's probably what made me think "aquatic" on cold sniff. The floral elements get stronger as it dries on my skin.
Back to top Go down
Letty

PostSubject: Coquina Sample   COQUINA (Summer 2013) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm new to Solstice Scents (and this Forum) and Coquina is one of the samples I ordered - I have 12 that I am going through (2 at a time) to see which my husband likes. This is one we both like. Is this the right place for me to ask if the other forms of Coquina (like the bath salts) are only available during a certain part of the year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COQUINA (Summer 2013)   COQUINA (Summer 2013) Empty

Back to top Go down

COQUINA (Summer 2013)
Page 1 of 1