Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!

Go down 
+8
debibob
lov2read68
Liber Vix
The Peach
lyeneia
AngloAngel
Solstice Scents
greenphoenix
12 posters

Decisions, decisions...
Manor
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap36%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Spellbound Woods
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap14%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Old Cedar Magus
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap0%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Black Mallow
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap0%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Amber Rose Petals
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap36%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
None of the above [please post below]
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap7%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
You're getting married? Twice? Are you nuts?
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_lcap7%Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! Empty
PostSubject: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:14 am

Hi everyone!

I am getting married this month on the 17th, and then again on March 22nd (both to the same guy, lol). The wedding on the 17th is a traditional Indian wedding here in Houston (my fiance is Indian), and the one on March 22nd is a destination wedding in Jamaica.

So! I decided that I love SS perfumes so much, that I would like to wear a SS scent to each of my weddings. But, I'm having a helluva time trying to decide which ones to wear! Y'all have seen my posts over here, and on LUSH, that I love a lot of the woodsy, vanilla blends, like Manor, SW, & OCM, but I'm not sure I want to wear one of those on my wedding day, since I wear those on a regular basis. I was thinking of this, when a poster in the v-day/spring update thread was talking about having a special scent to remind her of a vacation with her husband, and I was like, "YES! I want a special scent(s) to associate with my weddings!"

I've listed some of my favorites in the poll, but I look forward to hearing your opinions! I'd like to stay away from super-foody scents, like RC&M, Spiked Nog, Sugarvale - scents like that. And, IIRC, the only scents that don't work with my skin chemistry are Violet Truffle and Cherry Vanilla Amberosia.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last edited by greenphoenix on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am

Wow, I am so flattered that you are considering wearing SS for one or both of your weddings!! That is so cool!! I'd like to cast a vote but before I do, I'm curious if your husband is partial to any of the scents on the list? He'll be able to smell you too so it would be rad if he was affected with the scent memory too and that the scent is also one he really likes.

Congratulations!! The 17th is so close!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 am

Congrats, greenphoenix!!

The 17th is a great day to get married! Know how I know? It's my son's birthday and he's quite possibly the best thing that has ever happened to me. So, may the good fortune of the day be yours now and forever! I love you I love you

PS - My vote is for Amber Rose!
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:40 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Wow, I am so flattered that you are considering wearing SS for one or both of your weddings!! That is so cool!! I'd like to cast a vote but before I do, I'm curious if your husband is partial to any of the scents on the list? He'll be able to smell you too so it would be rad if he was affected with the scent memory too and that the scent is also one he really likes.

Congratulations!! The 17th is so close!!!

Thanks, Angela!

My fiance really likes OCM and Manor; I've put both of those on his skin, and he really liked them.

AngloAngel - thank you! That's awesome we are sharing the day with your son! Be sure to tell him Happy Birthday for us!
Back to top Go down
lyeneia

lyeneia

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 pm

i voted for amber rose petals because i love it so much. but for your wedding on the 17th, have you considered moonlight on the grove? since it's an Indian wedding, jasmine might be more in line with tradition, or you could try blending it with OCM for something one of a kind and more your style, OCM plays so well with others. as for the second wedding, maybe simple Amber. almost no one mentions it, but i'm never without it. i find it smells subtly different each time i wear it, especially in combination with other products. but if I were you I would wait for the amazing spring release before I made my final decision on that one. there's also the V-day nightgown to consider, on the surface it sounds a bit sweet, but paired with a toothier glace (like amber or pharaoh) it could be a knockout.

-lye
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

lyeneia wrote:
i voted for amber rose petals because i love it so much. but for your wedding on the 17th, have you considered moonlight on the grove? since it's an Indian wedding, jasmine might be more in line with tradition, or you could try blending it with OCM for something one of a kind and more your style, OCM plays so well with others. as for the second wedding, maybe simple Amber. almost no one mentions it, but i'm never without it. i find it smells subtly different each time i wear it, especially in combination with other products. but if I were you I would wait for the amazing spring release before I made my final decision on that one. there's also the V-day nightgown to consider, on the surface it sounds a bit sweet, but paired with a toothier glace (like amber or pharaoh) it could be a knockout.

-lye

Thank you, lye! We're on the same wavelength - I picked up a sample of Moonlight on the Grove in tonight's order! I'm a jasmine fan, so I think it will be nice on my skin - and I love your idea of cocktailing it with OCM - I will definitely try that when my order arrives! I also got the vday perfume sampler pack tonight, so I'll get the chance to try Nightgown. And yes, I'm 99% positive I will be placing an order when the spring scents are released.

Perhaps I'll just cocktail, like, 20 of Angela's scents on my skin for my weddings, and when people ask me what that *amazing* scent I'm wearing is, I'll tell them, "It's Eau de Solstice". Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Peach

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 am

Thats a hard choice! So many great fragrances to choose from! I vote Eau de Solstice! Any that you chose will be great! May I suggest going with some sort of a layer to create a very unique fragrance for you wedding day? Even though I don't know what I'd suggest layering together. However, Manor is awesome for layering!

Congrats on getting married! My husband and my anniversery is Feb 16th Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:16 am

I chose Manor but I also think Nightgown would be great! Even if you just had a sample it would be plenty for the wedding. I love you
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm

I think Conjure would be a good option, it has that woodsy vanilla thing going on. It's a little sexy but not overpowering at all.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
lov2read68

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:12 pm

I'd vote Manor out of the ones you listed. I also like the idea of layering a couple to create a truly unique scent memory for your wedding day! Manor plays nicely with others for layering! Based on the scent description - I also like Angela's suggestion of Nightgown.
Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!! I love you
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Thank you for all the great ideas, everyone! I got my V-Day order today, and unfortunately, I think Nightgown is a miss for me. But! I will try layering scents over the next few days, to see what works best with my skin. Moonlight on the Grove smells fantastic on me, so I think I'll try cocktailing that first with Manor and then with OCM, and then with Conjure, to see what happens. I'll be sure to post what scent cocktail I choose to wear (and also, maybe post some pics of the Indian wedding at a later date!)
Back to top Go down
lyeneia

lyeneia

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:54 am

in my experience, manor is sort of hard to blend with, it tends to overpower everything i've ever tried to pair it with. maybe you'll have better luck. don't forget to have straight amber in your arsenal. i like to layer it on first, and let it dry down completely for at least 5 minutes, then layer on the one i want to tone down (e.g. nightgown) i lurve savannah, but she's definitely a southern girl with a huge personality and i'm, well, not so much anymore. 6 years in gotham has introverted me right up. so i use the amber trick with that. to me nightgown is savannah's sweet sister that ran off to LA to be an actress, she's more subdued, the salty sea and wind notes are gone, she's all scrubbed up and cloaked in silk, milk and sophistication now. before i got robbed of both of the nightgown's i bought, i blended it with pharaoh and quite liked the result. if i'm able to get another one eventually i'll try that again. so mad at myself for taking the pharaoh glace out of my cart, now it's gone gone gone...
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:53 pm

I thinl Moonlight on the Grove would be lovely, and Sandalwood Vanilla is fabulous!
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Congratulations! Not sure how you feel about florals, but Lace Draped Spectre or Dellamorte strike me as very classic "white" fragrances that would be very pretty with a wedding dress. Snowshoe would fit this bill, too.
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:14 am

lyeneia wrote:
in my experience, manor is sort of hard to blend with, it tends to overpower everything i've ever tried to pair it with. maybe you'll have better luck. don't forget to have straight amber in your arsenal. i like to layer it on first, and let it dry down completely for at least 5 minutes, then layer on the one i want to tone down (e.g. nightgown) i lurve savannah, but she's definitely a southern girl with a huge personality and i'm, well, not so much anymore. 6 years in gotham has introverted me right up. so i use the amber trick with that. to me nightgown is savannah's sweet sister that ran off to LA to be an actress, she's more subdued, the salty sea and wind notes are gone, she's all scrubbed up and cloaked in silk, milk and sophistication now. before i got robbed of both of the nightgown's i bought, i blended it with pharaoh and quite liked the result. if i'm able to get another one eventually i'll try that again. so mad at myself for taking the pharaoh glace out of my cart, now it's gone gone gone...

Thank you, lye - I love your posts! Very Happy I still haven't purchased Amber, but I think if I choose to go the Amber route, that Amber Rose Petals might work. I layered that with Moonlight on the Grove today, and while it was nice, it didn't have the staying power I need. And yes, I agree, Manor is a powerhouse of scent, and really takes over any other perfume you're wearing. I'm still playing around with different scents, so we'll see!

And thank you, debibob and rinster! debi - I think MotG would work nicely. rinster - I haven't tried either of those scents, so I think I will pick up samples of both in my next order, if they're available.

I really appreciate everyone's input. SS fans are the best! I love you
Back to top Go down
Fascinoma

Fascinoma

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 5:31 am

Manor for the 1st wedding, Amber Rose Petals for the destination wedding. Smile Oops, missed the first wedding, thought you said March for both...which would be amazing to do in a span of days.

My blessings for a happy and long marriage! elephant
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks, Fascinoma! I did indeed wear Manor for the Indian wedding!

But, when I was having my hair and makeup done by a family friend before the ceremony and the reception (Friday was the ceremony and Saturday was the reception), she sprayed me down LIBERALLY with some department store floral perfume, so unfortunately, I couldn't smell Manor through the haze of perfume I was wearing. (This lady even sprayed it IN MY PITS. Yes, you read that right, IN MY PITS. When she asked me to raise my arms, I thought she was going to adjust my sari, and then my pits got attacked with perfume. I was like, wtf, I have deo on. Laughing )

At least for the destination wedding, I will be able to wear whatever SS fragrance I want, and not get doused with some other perfume. I have an order coming today with imps of Lace Draped Spectre and Amber, so I shall see if either of these will work with my skin chemistry!
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello everyone!

Well, I'm back from Jamaica, and the wedding went great! I decided to wear a combo of Amber, Lace Draped Spectre, and Moonlight on the Grove - I smelled wonderful! Here are some pics:

Sonny and I after the ceremony:
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! B7139acb

My brother, Kevin, walking me down the aisle:
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! 4e2229e0

The photographer having a little fun with us:
Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! 539c84b6

I'm waiting to get the CD from the photographer for the Indian wedding last month - those pics are a lot of fun! I will be sure to post some when I get them!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 7:36 am

What absolutely GORGEOUS pictures!!! You two look amazing and you look so beautiful. And man...that beach and water looks so crisp and untainted. Love! I have been to Jamaica as my family used to have a residence in Blue Bird but I was only like 5 so I don't remember anything. I would love to go back one day! I bet you had a wonderful time. Congratulations on your union.

You have really nice skin, by the way! Also, I'm so honored you wore SS on your destination wedding and that you found a nice cocktail of aromas to make your signature scent for that day.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

I love you
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Thanks so much, Angela! Very Happy It was a really great wedding, and pretty stress-free for the most part! That was my first time in Jamaica, and it was just lovely - I hope you get a chance to go back there soon!

And thank you for the compliments on my skin; although I had more makeup on than usual, my skin has really started looking better since I started using your Rosemilk Day Cream and the Oatmeal, Coconut Milk, and Honey Masque. The masque is crazy-awesome at clearing up potential breakouts!

Will post more pics when I receive them!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your wedding photos (I always love looking at wedding pics), and I love your hair and flowers Smile. Everything looks gorgeous <3
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Thank you, LittleBird! I love you

LittleBird wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your wedding photos (I always love looking at wedding pics), and I love your hair and flowers Smile. Everything looks gorgeous <3
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 pm

You are such a beautiful bride! can't wait to see the pics from your Indian Ceremony!

Much Love, GP... Much Love. I love you
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Gorgeous! You two look so happy. I love you
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:15 pm

Thank you so much, AA & alicious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!   Help me choose my wedding scents!  NOW WITH WEDDING PICS! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me choose my wedding scents! NOW WITH WEDDING PICS!
Page 1 of 1