Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?

Go down 
+24
PonPon
selki
Liber Vix
aimeesue
OfTheAllies
lov2read68
BeckyG
katmish
sweetgardenangel
jessiekins1
Cats in the Cradle
Solstice Scents
AngloAngel
lyeneia
Pumpkinhead
Simone
nani
greeneyedgirl11
alicious
Boogie
SolsticeScholar
deer4
debibob
Rob
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob

Rob

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 am

Angela covers so much in the scent category, it's hard to imagine what other scents she could come up with... but I'm sure there are more!

As for new products, I always wanted something in Home Fragrance and she's already covered that.

I would love to see some types of fragrance sprays... either a water based "mist" that could be used as a scent refresher for hair or all over body... or even to scent your linens with.

Or how about perfume sprays?

Anyone have a scent idea or product in the back of their head they'd wish SS would come out with?

When you think about it, the possibilities are endless! (at least in my eyes.. LOL) Twisted Evil

-Rob
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 pm

I would adore linen sprays for your bed or furniture. More HFO would be divine too. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE powder in some of these scents-I always use powder but it would be great in Angela's scents.
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I am in LOVE with the facial care..... I would love to see her come up with maybe a face serum? I have not tried the rosemilk day cream yet and I do not really use day cream but will try anything in her facial care section! I trust it that much! I think a nice serum would be wonderful!

Maybe some candles too? She started out making soaps and I think candles, dream pillows? (if i read correctly?) ? Solstice scents candles would be magical!!!!!!!!!!! I can imagine her candles would have the best scent throw ever!!!!!!! Maybe even if its just a seasonal item like a winter candle?
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:20 pm

For a scent? Only one I can dream of and this is because I am a Twilight nerd! A Twilight scent? Many companies have tried to make the scents or jewelry or candles?

A team Edward scent? lol..... In the book it does describe his scent as well (I just can not think of it at this moment)???????
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I would like to see a facial moisturizing oil, perhaps with ingredients like rice bran, rosehip, and pomegranate oils as a compliment to the oatmeal masque and current facial creams. I can imagine how beautiful it would look packaged in a blue glass dropper bottle.

I would also love home fragrance oil in Enchanted Forest and for Enchanted Forest to come back as a perfume (Angela--hint hint). = )
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:

I would also love home fragrance oil in Enchanted Forest and for Enchanted Forest to come back as a perfume (Angela--hint hint). = )

Or Enchanted Forest anything! Smile
Back to top Go down
Boogie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Tarts in SS scents would be so cool. I like the idea of the home fragrance oils but hardly ever use my tealight oil burner. I still have about a dozen hardly used bottles of B&BW home fragrance oils.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

What about Solstice Scents lip balm? Mmmmm...
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 pm

I would love tarts as well as perfume sprays. My scent requests would be heavy woodsmoke mixed with vanilla...sort of like Conjure's campfire cousin. Smile
Back to top Go down
greeneyedgirl11

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Shampoos & Conditioners for sure!
Back to top Go down
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:05 am

I would love linen sprays, more facial care items and hair care! If Angela made it all, I would be happy to send all my $$ to her.
Back to top Go down
Simone

Simone

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 am

LOL, nani, Angela's the first etailer that makes me happy to spend my money on her lovely products. I don't feel the pinch in my wallet at all!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 am

alicious wrote:
I would love tarts as well as perfume sprays. My scent requests would be heavy woodsmoke mixed with vanilla...sort of like Conjure's campfire cousin. Smile

Yes!! cheers
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Rob wrote:
alicious wrote:

Yes!! cheers
I knew you were good people, Rob! king
Back to top Go down
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Simone wrote:
LOL, nani, Angela's the first etailer that makes me happy to spend my money on her lovely products. I don't feel the pinch in my wallet at all!

I've bought from other etailers but Angela is the only one where I've made repeated orders.I don't feel the pinch either. I rather buy my face stuff from her and pay for shipping and wait for it to get here, than to go to the Walgreens down the street and get something else.
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 pm

I absolutely agree! I also can not see a store matching her face products? Where could you find the face masques like that? I have tried so many out there! I used to buy Aveeno in bulk size (few bottles in one package) from costco... Now i found Solstices Ghost ganache... One jar lasts me longer than an Aveeno bottle... I feel so much better having it on since its natural and sorry but my skin feels better.... No other store lotion is going to compare...I think her prices are reasonable... I have to remember to stop ordering just one jar at a time....... I need a few back ups on hand lol....

So I am hoping Solstice comes up with some more products and I can do most of my shopping there and can skip some more trips to Target... :=)
Back to top Go down
Pumpkinhead

PostSubject: Scent Ideas   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm

So there are a few scents I'd love to see Angela's take on.

First, an apple scent. Is there a such thing as a sexy apple scent? I don't know. Most apple scents run along the lines of Country Apple from BBW or they are a foodie apple. I'd like an apple scent that was...hm, mysterious somehow. Smoky, woodsy or maybe incense-y. Think the Apple of Discord...the apple that led to the Trojan War.

Along the Greek mythology lines, I'd love to see an earthy, gloomy, but flowery scent, evoking the aura of Persephone, Queen of the Underworld. Persephone was picking flowers when Hades abducted her and an earthy, dirty floral would suit her story just right.

I think that is all I can think of for now...
Back to top Go down
lyeneia

lyeneia

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm

i'm still trying for a good sprayable lotion. i keep ordering them, but they're all either a useless milky water, or cheap-o ingredients/fragrance. i liked the bath junkie body dessert one, but $20 for 6oz. is looney. i'd also like a good hair cologne that deposits scent without grease, frizz, sticky etc. a good foaming anti-bac handwash would spare me from going to B&BW forever. (i'll even buy my own foaming pump and mix it with the water myself, just gimme the soap!)
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Pumpkinhead wrote:
*snip*

Along the Greek mythology lines, I'd love to see an earthy, gloomy, but flowery scent, evoking the aura of Persephone, Queen of the Underworld. Persephone was picking flowers when Hades abducted her and an earthy, dirty floral would suit her story just right.

I think that is all I can think of for now...
That sounds awesome! Would it hurt the scent too much to have an underlying note of pomegranite as well? Not too much, but just enough (to represent the 6 seeds she ate that kept her from absolute freedom from Hades).
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Very interesting ideas in here guys. I'll tell you, hand soap has been on the very high priority list. But Lyeneia, it wouldn't be the anti-bacterial kind. I've been sniffing around and I would really want to offer something that is SLS free...maybe even find something that would be appropriate as a body wash too.

I don't think I will ever get into the hair care or lip balm business though, guys. I take my hair very seriously (lol) and there are things that could go wrong there that I just don't want to deal with. Everyone has totally different hair and I don't think there is a "one size fits all" shampoo or conditioner because of this.

There are so many folks making lip balms and the profit margin is truthfully not going to be high enough. That may sound crass but since we work this like 13 hours a day, if I'm going to take away from any products that already have me on my toes, it would have to be for something that makes sense for us financially too. I can barely keep up with the lines I have and I don't want to spread myself too thin. So not sure how many different things I'll be adding. I have made lip balm before (well before our online business) and it was pretty damn good though!

I do have a strong interest in adding a few salves. One is an aches and pains salve with menthol and arnica and the other is a boo-boo relief (for cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc. but it can also be used for skin nourshment - cracked and dry skin, nourishing foot balm, etc) with comfrey, calendula, carrot seed, etc. These are for your home medicine cabinet.

A Cornmint/Tea tree/Eucalyptus Dead Sea Salt Oatmeal Milk FOOT SOAK is another thing I've been wanting to offer for forever and a day. That's where my head is at for new products, aside from offering some precious oil perfumes - lotus, champaka, etc...more expensive but exquisite blends. I'd like to add a few more things to the apothecary section - a refreshing synergy of oils for a pick me up. Finally, I have a killer facial steaming herbs blend that I'd like to offer. I've dreamed up a gazillion products; the problem is never having enough time for them all!

SolsticeScholar (I don't think I've mentioned how much I love this user name!), I have an olive squalane, carrot seed, geranium, etc. blend that I've used as a facial oil. Not sure if I'll ever make something like this for the shop. Again, it's the lack of time to satisfy all my heart's desires and it is also the reason I have not yet offered the Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Fruit and Cream masque I mentioned to you eons ago.

I do take all of what you guys have to say into consideration so your suggestions do not fall on deaf ears!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes-shampoos and conditioners!
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 am

Boogie wrote:
Tarts in SS scents would be so cool. I like the idea of the home fragrance oils but hardly ever use my tealight oil burner. I still have about a dozen hardly used bottles of B&BW home fragrance oils.

Boogie, the oils work fine in electric tart warmers also. Just add some water if you need to.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Angela-

A hand soap/body wash would be great! Just another product we can all have a SS experience with. Smile

Sounds like you've really thought about the shampoo/conditioner/lip balm idea and to be honest with you, I agree. I would rather see SS become profitable rather than having lip balm. LOL

The whole salve idea sounds REAL cool. I can only imagine how great they would be to use. Having a nice handmade herbal balm for problem areas like the feet would be wonderful.. especially in the winter time when most people get the nasty dry feet syndrome. I currently do use ganache on my feet when they feel a bit dry, but it would be nice to use a balm that you could just put a pair of socks on and go to bed, getting the full effects.

A foot bath soak would be amazing... I love hearing what ideas come from that creative mind of yours. Smile

Back to top Go down
Boogie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:23 pm

Cats in the Cradle wrote:
Boogie wrote:

Boogie, the oils work fine in electric tart warmers also. Just add some water if you need to.

I will definitely do this...Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Boogie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Angela, I used a tart today that is so freaking delicious ! I want body products in this scent : Egyptian Musk. This is such a gorgeous scent on its own, and I bet it would be really pretty mixed with a lot of your existing scents. Can you get this oil?

Edited to say that I am a complete dunce geek I just reread the description for Gehenna, and of course you can get the oil! Would you make Egyptian Musk available as a stand alone scent...perhaps in a perfume oil?

Last edited by Boogie on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next