Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)

Go down 
+21
considerthelilies
pandasoul
bliss
ZombieMistress
papaya
ElMalOjo
zombiesonacid
Ross W
Harvest
Sofa Nymph
alicious
SolsticeScholar
StarSylvie
LittleBird
DancingFox
debibob
Rob
s.supreme
Pumpkinhead
Samengage
Solstice Scents
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mollyr

mollyr

JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)   JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 6:39 pm

Not actually as much pumpkin-spice-candle as I expected, though those pie spices are in there, with the cinnamon especially standing out in the top notes. But there’s also something smoky with some aged furniture wood, sweetened with tobacco leaf. Brings to mind an autumn evening in a slightly eerie carnival atmosphere. Someone’s selling cinnamon-caramel apples in the vicinity. Or perhaps an elegant old mansion decorated for Halloween, with treats being cooked in the warm kitchen even while the rooms are darkened to show off the jack-o’-lanterns better. Okay, so the name and description are surely influencing me toward that interpretation, but it does work for me as I sniff it! And leaves me smelling as if I've just been baking something absolutely delectable.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)   JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm

I am so torn on this one. It is absolutely glorious, delicious, and evocative and one of the best scents I've ever tried for the few hours, but then the patchouli emerges with gusto on the long term dry down. I say long term because it was a few hours before it showed up so strong. I'm not a fan of patchouli, as it goes dank dirty hippie on my skin and I could still smell the patch the next morning (immediate scrub required). I keep trying scents with patch, hoping it will grow on me, but it never does unless it's very well hidden. But....if YOU like patchouli, this is a MUST TRY. It really is an incredible scent.
Back to top Go down
tessture

PostSubject: Re: JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)   JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 5:40 pm

On me, this never settled, being a foody gourmand combined with green, loamy dirt notes and it was awful. On my sister, however, it is exactly the kind of barely-gourmand atmospheric that she loves, with the notes all blending into a autumn-night melange that truly evokes October. Over to my sister, then!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)   JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

JACK & THE DEVIL (General Catalog)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2