Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?

Go down 
+24
PonPon
selki
Liber Vix
aimeesue
OfTheAllies
lov2read68
BeckyG
katmish
sweetgardenangel
jessiekins1
Cats in the Cradle
Solstice Scents
AngloAngel
lyeneia
Pumpkinhead
Simone
nani
greeneyedgirl11
alicious
Boogie
SolsticeScholar
deer4
debibob
Rob
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
aimeesue

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm

The tea rose scents that were available (maybe) in spring were to die for! I would LOVE that scent in the glaze. Could that ever happen? I love you
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 pm

I was just thinking that my favorite Bath and Body Works scent is White Tea and Ginger (which of course you can't find at the stores regularly anymore). I would love to smell a SS interpretation of something ginger-spicy, not exactly foodie gingerbread, but straight up gingery, tempered with something warm floral, tea-ish. I can't stand most of BBW scents anymore but that is one that I think is actually really nice and unique, and I'm sure SS could take something similar to another level. cat
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Liber Vix--Have you tried Astral Temple? In my opinion, it's an interesting take on ginger. It doesn't have any floral notes, but it does have orange which keeps the ginger from being too spicy.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 pm

I have, I really like it! Reminds me of Christmas. It just smells more like orange and clove than the warm, strong, spicy ginger I'm thinking of. It's funny that BBW always discontinues the scents I actually like! Now all their scents smell the same or are generic variations on the same few notes, and are often way too sickening sweet. White Tea and Ginger is so comforting and interesting and different from other things they've offered, I would love to be able to get an even more spicy or authentic version of it without waiting for their semiannual sales. flower

Thinking of other items people have suggested, it might not be a super popular idea, but I would also love SS in body powder form. I use body powder every day and would love to match the scent to my perfume.
And Angela mentioned a fruit enzyme peel sort of masque...I am a mask/peel junkie and would looooove that!
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 pm

SolsticeScholar wrote:
Liber Vix--Have you tried Astral Temple? In my opinion, it's an interesting take on ginger. It doesn't have any floral notes, but it does have orange which keeps the ginger from being too spicy.

I second that! Just got it in whipped soap and burnishing glace and just love it! Gingery and also a tea-like scent along with mysterious musky! Long lasting on the glace too.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I hear you, Liber Vix. I would love to see the fruit enzyme masque as well!
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 am

Would love powder!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
selki

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:06 am

Per your request, Angela, I'm adding my scent requests/suggestions to add to the mix over here.

I'd love to see the following scents offered: a wassail/spiced apple cider sort of scent, a chai latte scent, & a pumpkin spice lavender scent (think pumpkin pie filling with lavender). Also, a strong lavender & peppermint blend would be a blessing for my frequent headaches.

Thanks for considering our input!! Smile

Last edited by selki on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct a typo)
Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 pm

I would looove a lotus scent! One of my favorite scents ever. I would also like a gingery scent and a minty scent, but not too pepperminty, more spearmint with black tea or patchouli or something like that. I'm also all for woody floral scents.
Back to top Go down
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm

I'd love straight-up spicy products (ie, cinnamon, clove, allspice, etc). I know people can be sensitive to spice, but, thankfully, I'm not one of them.
Back to top Go down
selki

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 am

sam364 wrote:
I'd love straight-up spicy products (ie, cinnamon, clove, allspice, etc). I know people can be sensitive to spice, but, thankfully, I'm not one of them.

I'd be on board with spicy products, too. I love clove, allspice, nutmeg, even some pepper. I love cinnamon, too, but I amp it heavily.
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 pm

selki wrote:
sam364 wrote:

I'd be on board with spicy products, too. I love clove, allspice, nutmeg, even some pepper. I love cinnamon, too, but I amp it heavily.
Pepper and/or nutmeg! I love you
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 pm

Vetiver and vanilla!
Back to top Go down
bongbunny

bongbunny

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:23 am

katmish wrote:
I really like herbal salves - and have great interest in buying a comfrey based salve from someone that I know makes things in small batches.

Katmish - I buy a comfrey, lavendar and calendula salve off Etsy that's absolutely fantastic. I use it for everything - to heal my new tattoos, any kind of scrapes/cuts/bruises, I've used it on my dog (bad reaction to flea bites), even my non-product using husband will bust it out when attacked by fire ants. It's a staple in my medicine cabinet. The seller is Rose of Sharon Acres.
Back to top Go down
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm on board the apple train.
Back to top Go down
MarissaConGusto

MarissaConGusto

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:43 am

Oh hi. I just started on the forum! Anyway with regard to scent ideas, I'd love to have a "Sexy Mrs. Claus" or something of that variety. Well, I just love Christmas and the opportunity to smell fir and cedar, I'd just like something with a little of dark vanilla, smoke or musky punch to allow it to still be a stylized perfume. Just a morning thought Wink
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 pm

MarissaConGusto wrote:
Oh hi. I just started on the forum! Anyway with regard to scent ideas, I'd love to have a "Sexy Mrs. Claus" or something of that variety. Well, I just love Christmas and the opportunity to smell fir and cedar, I'd just like something with a little of dark vanilla, smoke or musky punch to allow it to still be a stylized perfume. Just a morning thought Wink
Oooooh! Me likey.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 am

alicious wrote:
MarissaConGusto wrote:
Oooooh! Me likey.

Welcome!

I'd like to second that!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Marissa! Did you happen to try Manor? That might be something you like. There is something about it that reminds me of Satan Instinct so I was kind of curious to see what you thought of that one since we talked about it. I think you would like it! I like your idea for Sexy Claus. I already have my Winter scents totally done as far as what I'm going to be offering but maybe next year I'll go in this direction. If there were only more hours in the day and unlimited funds for me to make tons and tons of offerings!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
MarissaConGusto

MarissaConGusto

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Thank you, I did! Sorry for the delay, I didn't see the replies. Manor is actually my #1 favorite right now so your suggestion is perfect. And I'm so grateful to have this thread to express the inspiration that SS can give! No worries on the scent but I'm thrilled to hear you liked the idea. Regardless I'm waited on bated breath for the Winter collection announcement!
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:55 pm

I would like to see something along the lines of an uncented carrier to use as a car freshener! I can see it now... a card in the same or similar material as those tree-shaped air fresheners, about 4"x3" or so, the graphic could be the SS logo and you could infuse it with any one of Miss Angela's fragrances (I think the Sample sizes would be perfect because of the wand in the cap).

I really want my car to smell like Manor and Harvest Moon!!!
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:06 am

Love the car fragrance idea!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3