Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Makeup Thread

Go down 
+4
alicious
Liber Vix
HottieMcNaughty
Drarra
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Drarra

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Are there other makeup addicts around here? The fall/holiday collections are starting to come out. What products are you looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to trying out some of Urban Decay's 24/7 Shadow Pencils. I love their 24/7 liners, and the shadow pencils come is some beautiful colors (especially those purples and greens!).

Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm a total makeup junkie. Right now, I'm really enjoying Meow's Carnival collection of shadows. I'm also really liking the new OPI polish colors. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hottiemcnaughty.wordpress.com/
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Meow is awesome, their foundation is a HG product for me! I'm a makeup junkie too, I can't post my blog link here but just google "Liber Vix" and you'll find it. I do lots of reviews and random musings.
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
alicious

alicious

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:24 pm

I too use Meow's foundation. Finding a mass market foundation for the palest skin tones that *isn't* golden in tone is next to impossible. Hello, inquisitive sphynx from Meow, pinky beige and perfect!
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Wow, another Inquisitive Sphynx! Me too! Well, I'm wearing Sleek Sphynx right now but I anticipate going back to I.S. this winter.
Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Sleek Angora here! *waves*
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Liber Vix wrote:
Wow, another Inquisitive Sphynx! Me too! Well, I'm wearing Sleek Sphynx right now but I anticipate going back to I.S. this winter.
Pale is the new tan! clown

Howdy, Hottie Angora!
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:06 am

I have yet to try Meow but I've heard nothing but rave reviews from the beauty bloggers I follow. I bought a truckload of shadows from Aromaleigh as I found they were the perfect formula for me. Some of my favorite all time shades have come from Aromaleigh. I don't wear a ton of makeup. I like it but I just don't have a lot of time so my typical "face" would be a little coverup, powder foundation (Jane Iredale, light beige. Would love to find something comparable but way less expensive and Meow seems like it might be the place) and a little lipstick and maybe Urban Decay mascara. When I wear eyeshadow, I use the UDPP and usually go with neutrals/earth colors - browns, greens, etc. as they seem to work best for my coloring. I like Morgana's color palette and options a lot as well. I am eyeing some of her new lip products and colors.

I have spent a boat load of money on cheapola lipsticks and expensive ones and the only one I have ever found that looks good on me is NYC Mahogany and NYC Garnet...the cheapest stuff available! I tried Gash from UD thinking it was going to be my holy grail dark red but it is way too bright and makes me look like a clown. I look ridiculous with brighter lips. I have spent way more time than I care to admit looking for a DARK blood red lipstick and it just doesn't seem to exist. It seems like I'd have to mix something existing with eyeliner to acheive the color I'm going for and I'm not that patient. I want to just blot it on my lips, not apply it thickly, like I do with the NYC. It just gives me a flush of color without looking to outlandish. If you guys are aware of any REALLY dark blood red (leaning more blue or preferably brick because that is best for my skin tone) that doesn't turn a horrifying neon shade as you're drinking water and going about your day, let me know. I haven't found anything from MAC or UD and have looked at a lot of drugstore brands. There are things that look promising in the tube and apply way too bright. I have tried the Bitten lip tint and it turns unnaturally neon on me too! Wth? Is it just me?
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 am

My favorite is Cover Girl Super Thick Lash mascara and I've tried everything from Wet & Wild to Chanel.

I've also been looking for the perfect red lipstick, except that I'm looking for a bright, tomato-y red in a formula that I like. MAC discontinued my favorite red of all time. *sad panda*
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Angela, have you ever tried Morgana Cryptoria? Her lipsticks are very nice and get rave reviews, and the colors are definitely out of the ordinary. She has a quite a few dark, deep tones, like Fliratious Flapper and The Charleston. I can't post links until I've been a member for 7 days, but the site is morganacryptoria.com .

The color I do best with is from Avon of all places. They just discontinued it, so I bought three tubes of their Healthy Lipstick in Naturally Perfect to get me through until I find a new shade. I'm very, very pale and rather pink with light hair, and something about my coloring makes it easy for colors to wear me instead of the other way around. (I recently gave up on wearing black in favor of deep navy. *sob*) My problem is that I have warm toned hair and cool toned skin, and lips that turn most colors into orange or fuchsia, neither of which are good on me, so finding neutrals that aren't dingy in tone is my eternal quest.

Hottie, I am so jealous you can wear loud, tomato red lipstick! It looks divine on people who can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I love makeup ;D
Aromaleigh was also my favorite eyeshadow shop. All the eyeshadows I have were from her, and I have quite a few. I'm sad she closed her shop, but I don't really feel the need to expand my collection any further at this point. I also love Fyrinnae, I really regret not buying more lip lustres from them before they stopped making them.
My favorite companies for lipsticks, aside from fyrinnae, are NYX and revlon. I have two NYX lipsticks right now but I want more. ;p I like dark colors and crazy colors. especially purple. I'm lucky enough to have a neutral, slightly warm tone skin so I can pull off most colors. Anyway, I'm interested in Morgana's lipsticks but they're a little pricey for me (I has no job D; ). My favorite lip glosses are definitely Hard Candy's Glossaholic lip glosses, soo sparkley.
I have "Diabolique Masquerade" from Fyrinnae and it's a a very dark red/black with very subtle red sparkles. If they ever start making the lustres again you could try that one.
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Alicious (last sentence in first paragraph of my last post) - but to elaborate, I have bought from her before but the color I chose didn't end up being dark enough. I do like some of her newer colors though and I'm most likely going to place an order there soon as I have quite a few things I'm lemming there. Smile
Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:39 am

I'm super digging the new Meow Halloween colors!

Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 pm

They are really pretty! Mothman, Brains Over Beauty, Xenophobe, and Gray Matter call out to me. Coffin would make a gorgeous liner. (In posting this, I realize I am called to boring taupe shades. TAUPE 4 EVA!)

I've been enjoying my last Fyrinnae order--they have an unusually high number of cool toned shadows that work well on my skin.
Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm wearing Avian Shapeshifter from Fyrinnae today and love it. I hope they are up and running again soon. I'd like to pick up a full size of Nitro....it's a great all over color. I also love the taupes!
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm using Atomic Afterglow as a liner today. Damn Paladins is another favorite of mine, plus the name makes me giggle. It looks like Fyrinnae is up; I could put items in my car a minute ago, anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 am

To all you Fyrinnae fans, I just wanted to let you know that they have come out with a new Halloween collection of colors AND the lip lustres are back! I am so stoked about this, I can't even tell you. I've never had a chance to try the lustres and was worried they were gone forever. The site is down at the moment, but I saw them up yesterday for sure, and the colors look awesome. Gotta wait till pay day anyway, then I'll be all over it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:28 am

alicious, taupes and neutrals work best for me too. I was eyeing up Mothman as well! I started a cart but it was late and I got tired so I went to bed and the next day my internet crashed so I lost my cart. I need to start it again and place my first order but I've been so busy!

I've wanted to try Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy for approximately forever. I'm just a little lazy with online shopping and I put things off waaay too long (I refer to leisure shopping, not stuff for the business!)

Liber Vix, did you notice and vampy reds in the lip lustres? Is that product like a gloss or lipstick? Glosses just don't stick around long enough for me so I usually pass on them, even though I usually find colors I like.
Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:53 am

Their lip lustres didn't work for me. I found they bled and had too much 'slip' for me but the colors were all gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:35 pm

@Angela

If you ever use any sparkly eyeshadows, Pixie Epoxy is an absolute must. It makes everything adhere better and look more vibrant. I've never tried the Lip Lustres but I believe the description says they are in a lip gloss form, but operate more like a non-sticky lip stain. I don't know exactly how that works, but I'm eager to try! And there did seem to be some really dark reds among them. The site is down right now so I can't check on the names. Hopefully soon though Smile
Back to top Go down
PonPon

PonPon

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Fyrinnae's lip lustres are not like a lipstick or gloss. Have you see the matte lip cream from Nyx? It's a similar texture. It's a cream, I have fanservice, diabolic masquerade and very berry happy. Fanservice I can put on and it lasts pretty much all day, even thru eating. Diabolic masquerade bleeds a bit but foundation around the edges of your lips helps alot. Very berry happy I don't wear too much since it's alot lighter than I thought it'd be. ^^; They do kinda feel dry after a few hours, but they don't dry out your lips. They're also really opaque, like a really nice lipstick.
I had to make an order since I've been regretting not buying more before they stopped selling em, so I'm waiting for Shibuya and Monochrome. But I -really- want Coffin velvet as well; it's been out of stock so I'll make another order if it comes in stock.
Back to top Go down
lyeneia

lyeneia

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Since I finally came to an understanding with my skin a couple of years ago I don't wear much either, i tint my moisturizer with concealer in lieu of foundation and what little else i wear is mostly Korres (but i do have teenagers and annual gift obligations to meet) thus I found some of those insane reds last fall by accident, Kat Von D for Sephora and couldn't resist, i think deep down every woman is looking for "that" red. These ones are super intense, and i wanna say thick and "sticky" but what i mean is something more like "committed" in terms of staying power. the shades I got don't pigment shift, though because they're so so so highly pigmented (like in the movies and what i thought i always wanted and could never actually find when i was 20) i found out my shade isn't what i thought it was and i got the wrong ones. I got kind of lucky though because I was able to pick up outgoing season gloss/lipstick for $4 apiece so I didn't dump too much cash on something sitting in the drawer. I just checked the new lineup and it isn't as red-centric as it was before, but all of last seasons colors are still out there on amazon. i plan to try again and get the right one, even at full price, just next time i won't be in such a damn hurry and i'll take the time to sample before i buy. (warning: i didn't really wanna know what it took to make something that intense, so i didn't look at the ingredients and thus have no illusions.)

also Korres lip butters and glazes are worth a looksee, the shades are pretty/stable and they're comfy and gentle natured. i like the ingredients, no sticky drama, and all the shades end up looking nice on me, even the ones that should be all wrong.
Back to top Go down
stellamaris

stellamaris

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:20 am

albino Hi! I feel able to write in this thread as I am a professional makeup artist for film and television, and have been for 30 years. Wow yes quite aged here... What a Face that said I am very immature, note indiscriminate use of emoticons clown

I have found THE BEST skin care line, hands down, and I have tried every thing on the market practically, and have used any number of lines from the cheap to the ultra natural to the $600 creams on my victims. This stuff is amazing and very well priced, it's called (yes really really bad name I think) Paula's Choice http://www.paulaschoice.com/?ftlt=branded&modalpromo=show&gclid=Cj0KEQjwm6CgBRC0zOmrydrqmosBEiQA_xoLRh2fPym30f-Yucv3IUCq9XKKuoMPE_YLwtMJ8yL7XBsaAv5A8P8HAQ
wow that is a long link.
Anyway, I found it because I was gifted a set from a producer, who could well afford to use any over priced department store brand, who said it was the best she had ever used. And I agree. My skin has never looked better.

As to makeup, lately I have been using the heck out of those Urban Decay 24/7 pencils. Love them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacktauna.com/dredlux/how.html
Sponsored content

Makeup Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Thread   Makeup Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Makeup Thread
Page 1 of 1