Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!

Go down 
+9
DancingFox
HottieMcNaughty
debibob
AngloAngel
Rob
sweetgardenangel
deer4
Cats in the Cradle
Solstice Scents
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob

Rob

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 am

DancingFox wrote:
Oh dear.....which ones? HAHA. I have a dog, a cat, two ferrets, a rat and a mouse! The sad part is that this is the LEAST amount of critters I've had in my home at once! Oof!

Okay...let's see... We'll go with the two that demand my attention the most.

This is Murphy (AKA: Dropkick Murphy Hemmingway Sass)
He knows he owns part of my soul, I swear....

And this is Tek (Sir Doum Doum Tekka Tek Sass)

DF- Awwwww!! Murphy and Tek are soooo cute! And OMG, you have wild pet names for your animals too! I LOVE it!

Thanks for sharing the pics... they're awesome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:02 am

Samengage wrote:

Oh, all your stories melted my heart! You all have beautiful furkids.

I’ve been an animal lover forever, but my parents weren’t, and so it took a good deal of begging when I was young for us to get a cat. We eventually got two, both rescues, and it fuelled my passion for caring for animals.

I’m a foster mum for rescue cats & kittens, so I frequently have them come and go in my house. But my permanent little fluffy man is named Elyjah. He’s been a wonderful light in my life.

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Elyjah12

Awwww Samengage! I *love* Elyiah's coloring! Something about the black and white combination I love in kitties.

That's so fantastic that you're a foster mom.. bless your heart. If only there were more people like you in the world!

Back to top Go down
Samengage

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:20 am

Rob wrote:

Awwww Samengage! I *love* Elyiah's coloring! Something about the black and white combination I love in kitties.

That's so fantastic that you're a foster mom.. bless your heart. If only there were more people like you in the world!

Aw, thanks Rob! He's a sweet kitty. I love the black & white colouring too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Dancingfox - Murphy is absolutely adorable and Tek is gorgeous! Would love to see pics of your other babies if you get a chance to upload any.

Deer - I don't know what is going on. When you click the button I told you, does a little pip up come up that allows you to browse for a file on your computer and then do you see a button that says "host it"? There should be no need for you to download anything or go to the servimg website. Do you have a photobucket account? Maybe you could upload there and then paste a link? You've been a member for over a week now so you should be able to post a link. However, I can see your sweet baby in your avatar! How precious and beautiful coloring!!

Samengage, Elyjah has the most amazing coloring. Wow. What a handsome guy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:09 pm

We expanded our family this weekend! We drove 2 counties over and brought home 2 5 month old hens. One is a Blue Maran and the other is a Dominique. She's actually 75% Dominique and 25% Barred Plymouth Rock. They had a bit of a breeding mishap but we aren't breeding so pure bloodlines aren't a big deal. However, the Blue Maran is "pure" and she is going to be a fluffy puffball just like my favorite hen, Bessie (the Buff Orpington in the OP). I tried to get some pics of the gang yesterday but the ones I got are lame. I will upload some later (maybe tonight) and also post the story about our two Black Star hens flying the coop and where they slept overnight.

In other news, Mr. Blix celebrated a birthday on 10/1! He is now 10 years old. I took some pics of him and Kruegie this weekend and may upload them if any came out. Here is Mr. Blix hanging on my couch (where he is not supposed to be!!)

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Img_0011
Back to top Go down
Samengage

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Angela - Happy Birthday to Mr. Blix! (Awesome couch, by the way.)
And yay for expanding the family!
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Congrats on expanding the family, Angela! You had quite an exciting weekend there! LOL.

As for Mr. Blix, Happy Happy Birthday and many more to that dapper looking doggie! cheers

And let me just say I LOVE THAT COUCH!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:24 pm

I LUV Mr. Blix's expression! It's like he hopped up there and looked back to say, "What?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:05 am

Mr. Blix says "thank you"! He is a Mama's boy. He follows me everywhere and always watches over me. We are really really close and I love him so much. He's sleeping next to my feet right now, as a matter of fact. AA - I swear he WAS saying "what?" in that pic! The doorbell rang and he defiantly jumped up there to bark.

Thank you for the couch comments. It is way cooler in person! The flash is on in that pic but it is actually really really dark burgundy - not the bright magenta type color it came out in in that pic. 2 interesting stories about the couch. Do you remember the story recently about the Gainesville pastor (Terry Jones) who wanted to burn the Koran and it made national news coverage? Well, that church is within walking distance from my house. Now I'm not trying to spark a debate about that whole topic but I'm merely providing the point of reference. Before all of that news, the church ran a shop on ebay. They specialized in Hollywood Regency type furniture, a lot of which I happen to like. I was looking for a badass couch on ebay. I could hardly afford the Rococo and Victorian era couches I adore so I was looking for something a little more frugal for my home office a few years ago. The address was in a neighborhood down the street so I didn't know it was the church but the church is located in that neighborhood. I found that on ebay and just by chance noticed it was located down the street from me AND that the buyer is allowed to pick it up if they win the auction (so I would have an upper hand over other bidders since I wouldn't have to pay crazy shipping charges). The strategy worked and I got it for like $70!! I ended up getting an awesome Spanish throne chair looking piece, a burled wood Hollywood Regency desk and a really awesome heavy iron lamp from this place too - all at different times than the couch - for great prices. This was all before everything that happened though.

The second story is I was showing some homes early this year in my neighborhood to a customer. One of the homes we looked at was just a few blocks down from me. When we went in I almost died because there was my loveseat AND its matching couch and armchair! It was so badass and was the exact same as the one I had. What are the odds?

Here is a pic without the flash so you can see how dark this sucker is:

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Img_0510
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 am

Here is a pic of the 2 Black Star hens we have. From top to bottom: Blackie, Foxcroft and Bessie (the golden one which is a Buff Orpington:

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Img_0512

Those pics don't hardly do the black stars justice. They have tons of dark emerald green on their feathers and the brownish part is a vibrant copper in the sun. It's just really hard to get a pic of them when one isn't on the move!

Speaking of which - both of these birds were on the move when I took this pic. These are the two newest additions to the family. We got them yesterday. They are both approximately 5 month old hens. The one on the left is approx 75% Dominique and 25 % Barred Plymouth Rock. The one on the right is called a Blue Maran and she is going to be so pretty as she fills out!

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Img_0513
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 am

Happy birthday Mr. Blix! What a good looking boy! Love your chickens. Never knew that chickens could make good pets.Have you been to Kauai? They have thousands of chickens running around the whole island! they are gorgeous-every kind of color and kind you could imagine! I will see if I can find my pictures-you would love it, Angela. Love your couch too... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeckyG

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Nutmeg is the white and grey one (yes I know Nutmeg is supposed to be brown!) and Sinatra is the brown one:

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Picture%252520313

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Picture%252520087
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 am

What sweet Furbabies, Becky! It looks like Sinatra's eyes are that gorgeous ice blue colour... or am I seeing things? Darn Pet Eye! LOL
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:20 am

Angela- Your birds are beautiful! The coloring on Foxcroft looks amazing... Is that where you got the name of your latest creation? The copper and green sound so much like the notes in your perfume!

I love the story about the couch.. how cool! It looks even better darker.. I really love all of the "buttons" and how it's upholstered!

And that's you're home office? You sure you don't need any help doing the books for SS? What an office to work in!

Becky- Oh, SMOOCHES to your furbabies! I have such a big heart for cats.. don't ask me why! Nutmeg looks a little like my Barnaby.. love the colors.. and oh, Sinatra is a looker! They look so well loved and cared for! cheers

Last edited by Rob on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
katmish

katmish

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I've been lurking on this thread and trying to post a photo but had to wait until I had been a member for a week. I love seeing everyone's beautiful pets - it is so nice to meet other animal lovers! I love all animals but I think I'm partial to cats (although I have had some wonderful dogs too!)

Here are the three cats we have now - from left to right they are
Tasha, the one-eyed tortie. My husband found her on a job site when she was six weeks old and very sick. She's now 8 years old and happy and healthy (not to mention spoiled rotten by my husband - but she deserves it!)

Franklin the grey. Someone abandoned him at our vet's office, and we were fortunate to be able to adopt him. He's incredibly cute - and he's six years old and still thinks he's a kitten.

Dobby the tabby. We adopted him 5 years ago from a very nice person who had rescued him but then could not keep him. He's HUGE and very handsome - but he's really a big baby at heart.

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Tasha_17

The cats send many purrs to all of you.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 am

OhMiGosh, katmish! Your Furbabies are so sweet! Even though I own 2 dogs, Kittehs always have a place in my heart...!
Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:50 am

To Board Posters with Pets:

This part of the Forum is my favorite! Always checking back for any new entries! I want to thank everyone for sharing their foreverpets photos! I can tell these pets get a lot of luvin'
. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Rob - G and I went to Maine many moons ago and we stayed in a small town called Dover-Foxcroft. The name came from there and the blend was inspired by our time in Maine (which was in early Oct and the weather was amazing! I brought a pound of Pumpkin Spice coffee from the coffee shop I used to work at and there is nothing like PS coffee on a 50 degree morning in Maine with the trees literally aflame with color!!). We got the new birds after the perfume came out, I think. Either that or we hadn't named them yet. The colors are so vivid on Foxcroft and the brown around her neck reminded me of fall. Seriously, I was calling the two of them Blackie and Brownie and I really didn't want to stick with that so we named her Foxcroft.

Now, my Blue Maran is going to have feathers on her legs and feet so she might be Frodo lol. But she also is a beautiful variety of greys and she might be named Gandalf. The Dominique is called Pepper. Despite the hilarity, G would not let me name the Dominique Dominque.

Katmish and Becky, what beautiful felines!!
Back to top Go down
BeckyG

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 pm

My two spoiled babies thank you for the love!

Yes Sinatra had gorgeous ice blue eyes, I'm just never able to capture them on a picture! That's how he got his name, after Old Blue Eyes himself.

All of these animals are GORGEOUS!
Back to top Go down
katmish

katmish

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Tasha, Franklin, and Dobby say many thanks to everyone for the lovely compliments! cat

P.S. Becky, Nutmeg and Sinatra are beautiful! I think Sinatra is a brilliant name for a Siamese.
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I love all your pets everyone. I am a cat lover since forever. Speaking of Maine, here are my 2 maine Coon cats

Max

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 33y0u93

Apollo

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Pavrt

Back to top Go down
BeckyG

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Max and Apollo are gorgeous! I had a maine coon as a child and loved him soooo much.

Thanks Katmish, we thought so too! He has gorgeous blue eyes and sings all day long, we thought Sinatra was brilliant! I'm surprised we don't see it more often.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:11 am

CC, Your Maines are gorgeous!! I grew up on the East Coast and was born in Presque Isle, ME so anything that has to do with Maine or New England, for that matter, will always have a place in my heart! (I got a pretty big heart, don'tcha Know!)
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:10 am

WOW those Maines are BEAUTIFUL! I am in Connecticut and actually new to New England, I have never seen those before.. But, I am allergic to cats so tend to avoid them :=( My daughter would love a cat and whenever we see one, she's like "Mommy, cant you make yourself not allergic to this one?" lol....... I wish....
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Here is a way better picture of our newest additions. Pepper is on the left, Gandalf is on the right. Pepper is the Dominique/Barred Rock mix and Gandalf is a French Blue Maran. Maran eggs are considered gourmet, have a rich dark chocolate brown shell and are sought after.

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Pa070111
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!   Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post a Picture of Your PET(s)!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next