Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Repurposing packaging

Go down 
+3
HottieMcNaughty
deer4
rinster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rinster

rinster

Repurposing packaging Empty
PostSubject: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:45 pm

Does anyone else reuse the lovely stuff our Sosltice products come in? The shredded paper is a great cushion for mailing gifts (much nicer than bubble wrap or newspaper). I also wash out used blue jars from scrubs/masques/ganaches and redeploy them as catch alls for cotton balls, paper clips etc. They are so pretty I can't put them in the recycle bin. It's a bit of a pain to get the label adhesive off, but rubbing alcohol usually does the trick.
Back to top Go down
deer4

deer4

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Absolutely! I like your way of thinking :=)

I reuse the boxes and shredded paper. My daughter grabs my used jars... She uses them for her little beads/jewelry projects, etc....

I am not a hoarder, everything has about a 3 month life span for me. If it hasnt been used, it goes... I throw too much out actually :=( Just like everything in its place, simple and uncluttered but my Solstice packages are a different story! I also saved some just to use for traveling. I can put some lotion or shampoo in it and its one less thing to pack again to bring back home. That way it was also recycled at least once :=) and I can use my favorite things instead of travel size things...
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:16 pm

What great ideas! I'm glad someone else does this, too.

I just remembered some more:
- The little ziplock baggies are handy for tucking frimps in a perfume swap package.
- The drawstring bags make a great presentation for gift cards or even just a small gesture of candy/tea to cheer someone up.
Back to top Go down
HottieMcNaughty

HottieMcNaughty

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:31 pm

We ship stuff at work so I always take the boxes and packaging and re-use them.
Back to top Go down
http://hottiemcnaughty.wordpress.com/
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm

I'm using the shredded paper to sloooowly fill up a box I'm mailing to my brother. Smile The boxes themselves either get reused or recycled; same with the jars. It almost makes me wish I needed more jars--they are such a pretty blue.

deer4, I'm an anti-hoarder, too. I get rid of too much stuff sometimes, but I try to make sure it goes to a friend, to charity, or gets recycled unless it is truly trash.
Back to top Go down
debibob

debibob

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 pm

I always save all the tissue and reuse for packages. I just mailed a package to a friend and covered it in the tissue shreds. I also use th boxes for mailing. He things are too pretty not to resue. I clean out the jars an reuse for things.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I posted a pic of how I re-used SS paper fill on my blog!

http://libervix.blogspot.com/2011/10/solstice-scents-i-feel-addiction-coming.html

I like my display so much I think I'm going to just swap out the Autumn poster for a Thanksgiving poster next month and keep everything else as is jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
sam364

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm

The shredded paper and boxes are reused while the jars are recycled. The small ziplocs are used to forward perfume or other samples in a swap/sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repurposing packaging   Repurposing packaging Empty

Back to top Go down

Repurposing packaging
Page 1 of 1