Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How was your holiday?

Go down 
+2
rinster
Solstice Scents
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

How was your holiday? Empty
PostSubject: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:59 pm

I started making this topic last night and wandered off to eat dinner then lost it! How was everyone's holiday? If you exchange gifts with loved ones, did you get anything "cool"? We were exhausted after bouncing back and forth between our parents' homes but we had a great time and ate lots. I actually spent most of the day yesterday and today in bed reading and recovering from being kind of taxed last week. I feel like I needed a vacation from vacation! I'll be back in the swing of it soon. I made toners and we have masks to package but have not done so yet. I'm waiting to list the toners until the masques are also ready to be listed.

We did the annual gift exchange. We did some store bought gifts but G also made some cool things for both sets of parents. He made my parents and best friend gorgeous afghan blankets and he made his parents an awesome wine rack. He also made them a cool leash/harness holder for their boston terriers. It is a wood plaque which he used a wood burning tool to carve a boston terrier face in. He then stained it and added large brass hooks to accommodate the harnesses. It came out great! I made everyone Solstice Scents for my handmade contribution.

We received some great and useful presents (especially lots of stuff for the kitchen) this year. One of my favorite gifts was a bread machine which we have already used twice! The first time we made a pizza dough to make a pizza on G's new pizza stone. The second time was today and we made a jalapeno cheddar onion bread. It took about 4 hours from start to finish (for it to be cool enough to cut) and I just ate a slice. It was pretty good for a first try but it needs more salt and more flavor! I'm sure we'll get it down. We used an unbromated unbleached organic flour for this loaf and the pizza dough and it was great. I am very excited because the bread machine has a gluten free option and can also make soft pretzel dough and cinnamon bun dough!

I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing weekend and a nice Christmas if you celebrate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:06 am

What a lucky family to get such great gifts!

Our holiday was wonderful--very low key and local. I like visiting my in laws, but the drive/weather/traffic sucks the joy right out of life.

Count me in with the lemmings who received a Kindle! It was a surprise from my husband for me and the kids. It's been fun loading it up with music and books (for me) and games (for the kids).

Are there any other old school geeks like me who noticed the similarity between Angry Birds and the old QBasic "Gorillas" game that came with old versions of DOS back in the early 90's? (for folks that don't remember, you can google Gorillas DOS game and play it online to see what I'm talking about)
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Things were quiet over on my side...

We live with my parents so we didn't have to travel for that. (Thank GOD for small favors! LOL) We spent the majority of the day in our jammies, nomming on different goodies, opening presents (Got the last book in the Eregon series, called 'Inheritance' and a bit of $$$ for a shopping spree!)

I gave my son a gift card to GameStop and, just like any normal child, wanted to spend it right away. Said 'Can't. It's Christmas and the shop are all closed.' He's all ' 'Kay. I can wait 'til later.'

BOXING DAY

' 'Kay, it's later. ' ... Suspect Such a srange child. Wonder where he gets it from... Anyway, he was able to get 4 games for the price of 2 ( we have a PS2) and he was thrilled beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
CarmH

CarmH

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:45 pm

The usual, Christmas Eve at MIL's, Christmas morning at home then on to bro's house. Nice, pleasant times, no family feuds or drama. All in all great! I'm off work this whole week so even better.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 pm

We had a very nice Christmas here... although it wasn't a white one and a bit warm. I hate it when we don't have snow for Christmas.

Christmas Eve was spent at my sisters this year. It used to be at my brothers, but since he passed, we went over to my sisters instead. Christmas day was spent at my sisters also.

Great time together with family, fun and good food. I'm glad it's over though... it's soooo rushed this time of year, it's nice to settle down and actually enjoy the time off!

Happy New Year everyone!

Back to top Go down
ariachris56

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2020 3:39 am

It was too good, I enjoyed a lot with my family, you can say I have so many good memories in this holiday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your holiday?   How was your holiday? Empty

Back to top Go down

How was your holiday?
Page 1 of 1