Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)

Go down 
+4
ElMalOjo
Rob
LittleBird
Solstice Scents
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) Empty
PostSubject: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 pm

SOLARIUM
Rhododendron Leaf EO, Fern, Amber, Sandalwood EO, Geranium EO, Violet, Orange Blossom and Absolutes of Lavender, Oakmoss & Mimosa

NOT TO BE USED BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

Offered as a Perfume oil as part of the Manor Collection: Autumn 2012

Description: The Solarium of the Manor features a glass roof and walls to allow maximum light exposure. Cascading plants tumble from terracotta planters while a lush variety of fern can be found interposed between a variety of herbs, blossoms, potted violets and orchids.

The Solarium features a blend of rhododendron leaf EO, lavender absolute, green notes of fern and oakmoss, rose geranium EO, geranium bourbon EO, neroli, sandalwood EO, amber, mimosa absolute, violet and a touch of tuberose. The resulting fragrance is a complex floral with strong green and herbal overtones. If Solarium were a blend of colors, its fragrance would be primarily purple and green tinged with gold. The scent is incredibly unique. The rhododendron leaf and lavender are the dominant notes, followed by a variety of fern. The other notes in this blend add body and character without adding very heady and strong white floral notes. Solarium is very strong upon initial application. Rhododendron leaf is a fragrance like no other - herbaceous, creamy, slightly floral and balsamic, it combines with the coumarin-rich lavender absolute to provide a very cool-toned flower bed for the other elements. This exotic full-bodied fragrance softens to a delicate, herbaceous floral after about half an hour of wear. It doesn't morph a great deal but it does dry down to a softer incarnation of itself.

SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) Solari10
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Much to my surprise, Solarium is my favorite of the Manor Collection. It's a soft, gentle, creamy, sweet lavender with hints of green fern, herby geranium, dry oakmoss, powdery-sweet violet, and tart orange blossom. I can pick out most of the notes if I try, but it melds together into this gorgeous, natural smelling scent, like laying on a bed of soft oakmoss and lavender in a garden full of tiny, gorgeous flowers and mosses. I have trouble wearing a lot of floral scents because they turn sharp, perfumey, chemical-y or musky, but this is a very gentle, realistic smelling blend. The lavender is the star for me, with all of the other notes giving it an interesting edge.

I love lavender when it's cool, sweet and creamy like it is here, and I love that this blend is a unique take on lavender. Very pretty. I definitely need a full bottle of this, and wish I could get it in glace and salts too.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 am

This one I wasn't sure about at all from the scent description. I get afraid of over-flowery blends. When I first put it on, I thought "Ummm... probably not.. a bit too flowery for me". But then, as I wore it and the initial notes chilled out a bit, it wasn't only flowery, but also kind of green and herbally too. It became almost like a greenhouse scent, where there are flowers and herbs growing too. I need to try this a few more times... it's "growing" on me! LOL

Back to top Go down
ElMalOjo

ElMalOjo

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 11:42 am

Sad  I wanted to like Solarium. I really, truly did! I love floral scents and I am always looking to expand my garden repertoire of lovely floras beyond roses, peonies, and lilies. But Solarium just didn't do it for me.

Initially, it was way too green. It was similar to a giant bouquet of flowers - without the flowers, only the green stems. However, the flower did bloom right before my eyes after about 15 minutes of dry-down. Unfortunately, they were the flowers in my 80-year old grandmother's bathroom.

Sadly, Solarium is a scent far too "old" for my tastes. I had to wash it off.
Back to top Go down
papaya

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Solarium is my favorite perfume of those that I have tried so far from the Manor Collection. Unlike many floral perfumes, it manages to capture the essence of the entire plant, rather than just the blooming flower. I can smell subtle lavender flowers (not your typical overpowering lavender scent), sweet orange blossoms, crisp green stems, and an abundance of green foliage and herbs. Solarium truly embodies the vivacious fragrance of a thriving greenhouse, warm in the sunlight.

After an hour or two, the perfume settles into a lighter version of itself. Instead of bright green plant growth, it becomes a soft and creamy bundle of herbs with a sprig of lavender.
Back to top Go down
Never7where

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:46 pm

I tried solarium and felt that it was a little too floral for me. For someone who likes floral perfumes they would probably adore this. However I have to say it does perfectly capture the atmosphere of the solarium described in the description. It reminds me of a sunbathed room, light flowing cooly through the windows. A peaceful and solitary place. Not something I'd wear around but it would be cool if this were offered as a house spray, actually I would most definitely buy this in house spray form!
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 am

I have been testing Solarium for a number of weeks so I can get a better understanding of how it works. I will begin by saying that I am not at all familiar with the fragrance of Rhododendron leaves, so I will not comment on that aspect. The other notes I am familiar with so I feel more confident in my comments.

To my nose, the most obvious note is that of Rose Geranium, a smell I absolutely adore. Rather than overwhelm everything else, here it is used more judiciously accordingly to Angela with another Geranium note which definitely tames it. I also smell a clean somewhat sweet and pure lavender note playing in the background. To stop it being too herbal, there are also green notes and floral notes that mute the resinous geranium and lavender accords. The overall effect is a 'garden' of plant notes. It is not a wild garden like the effect of Devil's Millhopper, with the green dominant, but rather a domesticated garden of scented plants and some floral notes added for interest. The name is well chosen as there is a definite cottage garden vibe. Despite the floral notes, the fragrance will appeal to men a great deal.

The dry down looses the green effect and you are left with a halo of floral and lavender quite reminiscent of classic and now discontinued eau de colognes such as Eau de Lavande by Balenciaga.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:47 pm

This one reminded me of Savannah, which is one of my favorite Solstice Scents florals. Since Savannah isn't available any more, this would be a lovely substitute. Solarium has a homeopathic quality and is very calming to me. It's a "quieter" floral compared to the headier va-va-voom sexay florals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)   SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012) Empty

Back to top Go down

SOLARIUM (Manor Collection: Autumn 2012)
Page 1 of 1