Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)

Go down 
+9
stellamaris
Georgie
papaya
elliejelly
Kristan1216
mdprimar
Liber Vix
rinster
Solstice Scents
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm

VIOLET MALLOW
Marshmallow Cream, Violet Flowers, Vanilla Bean, White Musk.

Violet Mallow smells like sweet, creamy, slightly powdery and fresh violets. It is a timeless, classic and elegant scent. Sophisticated, yet soft and wearable with a vintage flair. This fragrance starts out with a stronger violet note upon initial application, though the sweet creamy marshmallow is there to soften it from being too dominant. The dry down is very fluffy and comforting and the violet remains in the background through most of the wear. The vanilla and white musk are subtle background notes. A very pretty and romantic fragrance.

VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) Violet10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Violets typically aren't my favorite floral, but I've found everything is better when Angela adds marshmallow to it! This is very clean and fresh, rounded out with a soft sweetness. This is a must try for violet lovers and Violet on-the-fencers.
Back to top Go down
Liber Vix

Liber Vix

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Here's a review I posted on my blog:

http://libervix.blogspot.com/2013/02/solstice-scents-mallow-madness.html
Back to top Go down
http://libervix.blogspot.com/
mdprimar

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I am usually not a fan of floral scents, but Violet Mallow is wonderful. The scent is floral, but not overpowering. The marhsmallow adds a sweetness that isn't cloying at all. The vanilla musky dry down is downright sexy. My hubby loves it, but he said that sometimes he can smell more of the powdery musk, and other times the marshmallow (I assume that is my body chemistry). I am 32 and keep feeling like all of the mass produced fragrances are too young or too old for me. I have found many from Solstice Scents that I love and am waiting for the spring collection to hit to stock up on more.
Back to top Go down
Kristan1216

Kristan1216

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:26 am

Sweet mother of pearl this is a divine scent!!!!!! I love the old fashioned scent of violets ~ and the combination with the mallow is sublime! One of my co-workers asked me one day what the perfume was that I was wearing because he said his wife would like it. I'm always happy to pass on the SS name to potential customers.

A truly delightful perfume!! flower
Back to top Go down
elliejelly

elliejelly

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 am

All lovers of sweet and vanilla flock to this one! The ever so slightly powdery violet and the sticky marshmallow in this make for one pretty perfume. Florals and sweets are not my areas of interest in the realm of smellies, but this smells rather comforting, not really sure why. The mallow isn't obnoxious and loud, it's quite soft, so for those thinking this might not be a scent for those more mature (read: older than 16) could wear, that is certainly not the case. I like how in the opening there seems to be a tiny burst of green, or at least what my skin is amping it to be green xD

The whole perfume is soft, understated, and has that 'classic' feel, that it will never go out of style. I'm really quite surprised I enjoy it, but I reallllly prefer my perfumes to be masculine/woody/herbal/earthy/dirty.
Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
papaya

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 pm

To be honest, I don't know what violets smell like and I don't think I've ever seen a violet in person before. Weird, huh? But I took a chance on Violet Mallow because I love florals. Let's just say I'm glad I did because the perfume is beautifully sweet and creamy. It's very calming, I've wore it to bed and fallen asleep sniffing my wrists.

It also lasts a very long time on my skin. In the first hour, the perfume is quite vibrantly floral and sweet, like violet-flavored cotton candy (without becoming cloying at all). Later, the sweetness is tempered by vanilla cream. And at the end of the day, I can still catch wisps of violet-tinged mallow floating around me.

I might be adding a full size of this to my wishlist, along with another favorite creamy floral, Nightgown.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:41 pm

This is a very pretty floral scent. It smells like Easter morning, standing outside in a floral sun dress, breathing in the early spring air and scent of flowers, and eating marshmallow peeps! A very nice spring floral.
Back to top Go down
stellamaris

stellamaris

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 9:31 am

This is my go to sleeping scent, it's perfectly warm and strong, but not choke you or your partner to death with perfume. To be honest, I can't really smell the violet in here, but it smells awesome, not too flowery, not too foody, just right Goldilocks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blacktauna.com/dredlux/how.html
aflower

aflower

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Violet Mallow is absolutely my favorite SS scent. I keep one in my purse at all times because it is a perfectly pleasant for every occasion. The mallow leaves pillow of sweetness for the Parma-like violet to float above. I've worn this out with friends as easily as at work. Almost every time I wear this, someone will inevitably ask what it is (and, often, where they can find it).

I enjoy this so much, I bought this in every available option. The bath salts are strongly enough scented to enjoy them throughout a long bath. The ganache cream  is wonderfully moisturizing and creamy. I'm not sure I can live without the glace now and, thankfully, stocked up enough to make it through to next Valentine's Day... I think. Glace also works nicely as a hair oil on my long hair. I would recommend any of these in this scent.

As a fan of violets, I would say this is a sweet, but even with the mm not cloyingly scent, and there really isn't ant sharp, bitter or musty note often associated with violet. No violet leaf, no grannies knitting; more Chowhard's violet candies. Really divine!
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 5:44 pm

At first sniff I wasn't a fan of this; it was too sweet and felt very linear. But after giving it a chance I do get a bit of depth from the vanilla and marshmallow, and I've found that, unlike other violet scents, this one doesn't become terribly powdery on me. It's sweet, girly, comforting, and smells like the color purple. Lovely!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 7:10 pm

I love Violet White Leather, hate Violet Truffle, and Violet Mallow is just okay on me. I think it's the white musk that I don't like in this, because it adds a musky, perfumey, sharp edge to the tart violet. I also get a hint of soapiness. Perfumey, slightly soapy, floral violet. The marshmallow cream is present in the drydown, but not as strong as I would like either.

Tart, clean violet and perfumey white musk with a hint of marshmallow cream.
Back to top Go down
mollyr

mollyr

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Like Snowshoe Pass and White Fox from SS, this is a “cold sweet” type of scent to me, like vanilla ice cream or Easter candy (hunted outdoors in the chill). Perhaps violet, being an early-spring flower, lends that “cool” feel. I don’t really notice the violet except right at first; it soon fades, leaving only a hint of its scent, and gives way to a lingering vanilla sweetness that stays wrapped around me in a light cloud. Quite pleasant. I bet with its coolness this would be a refreshing scent in the hot summer, so if I still have some left by then, I’ll try it in that weather too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)   VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

VIOLET MALLOW (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1