Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)

Go down 
+17
fullforcegalesburg
theredkilt
fortemestra
cuculine
Georgie
sisterboyd
Renna
Harvest
Sofa Nymph
tuffcookie
rinster
LittleBird
Boogie
AngloAngel
jelli
Cats in the Cradle
Solstice Scents
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 pm

BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE
A Stirring Blend of Amber, Vanilla & Leather

This scent returned to the General Catalog in 2014 and is available in Perfume, Ganache, Whipped Soap and Glace.

Description: Black Leather, Red Lace is an erotic smelling fragrance with a slightly masculine edge due to the leather. It is a scent that could certainly be enjoyed by both men and women. A blend of gorgeous amber, deep vanillas and deftly blended smooth black leather, this scent is cool, rich, a little sweet and utterly intoxicating.

BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) Altper10

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

I have this as a scrub and it is amazing. The scent lasts through the night after my shower. I am one happy lady using this awesome scrub.
Back to top Go down
jelli

jelli

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 pm

I really want to try this one.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:00 pm

This is #1 on my list of Non-LE scents to try!
Back to top Go down
Boogie

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I had a sample perfume vial of this once, and remember liking it. I'm going to have to revisit it again. There are too many raves about this scent for me to continue ignoring it!
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:05 pm

When I first got this perfume, it was mostly a sweet & creamy vanilla and powdery amber, and it reminded me a bit of Cenobite. After having the perfume for a couple weeks, the leather is stronger and it's a fantastic leather note. It's like walking past a leather store in the mall, where the leather smells clean & new, and there are other sweet smells swirling about. The amber adds a comforting warmth, like slipping into a warm jacket, and the vanilla is rather sweet on me.

I love leather scents, so I like this a lot, and it's not too in-your-face leathery, as it has a good dose of vanilla to it as well. It's a heavy, long lasting sort of scent that I'm going to wear a lot this fall and winter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Subject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I've never had much luck with leather scents (they pretty much turn into eau de catcher's mitt), but I had to try this based on the reviews. This one is nicely tempered with vanilla and amber and actually works very well on me. I've worn this overnight and in the morning the leather has burned off, but there's a lovely vanilla remaining.
Back to top Go down
tuffcookie

tuffcookie

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:59 pm

I wanted to love this one, but I got all leather and no vanilla. It was a good quality leather, but much too masculine for me.
Back to top Go down
Sofa Nymph

Sofa Nymph

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:08 pm

My skin massively amps the leather in this one too, stupid skin Sad It's a really nice scent in the vial but just too much leather on my skin.
Back to top Go down
Harvest

PostSubject: Best leather ever   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:41 pm

At first sniff, it was an amazing leather (my words exactly were, “Oh. My. Word.”) with the softest sweetest vanilla and a gold note of amber. Straight up gorgeous.

Due to that gorgeous sniff, I had to put it on my skin right away. It smelled on the skin like it smelled in the bottle. Really rich leather—the best leather ever. But it's softened by the amber and vanilla. Swoon worthy. Seriously. Wow. Wow. Wow. This may be, scratch that it IS, my favorite leather of all time. As it dries down, it picks up a few animalic touches that I think come from the leather (more of an in-process-of-tanning leather note), but the way it blends with the rest is simply amazing. Really gorgeous. It's dry but a soft dry. Really amazing, and the way the amber and vanilla blend with it is masterful. Love this.
Back to top Go down
AngloAngel

AngloAngel

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 am

I just realized that I never got to post (in here) how I feel about this fragrance! Here it goes:

(Taken from my Winter Contest entry)

Black Leather, Red Lace... I've got 2 words for how sexy this smells: Jessica Rabbit. End of story! The Leather has retreated to the background and the Amber and Vanilla notes are working side by side in glorious unison!
Back to top Go down
Renna

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I love this scent. I have two small perfume samples of it (had to ask for another because I liked it so well but was a little short on funds for a bottle). I think the description is very near spot-on: I get this sweet, powdery vanilla, amber, and leather. Normally I don't like powdery smells but this one is really just delicious! It's certainly worth trying at least a sample of. If you're a fan of vanilla or amber or leather (or, like me, all three), I would say it's a Must-Try. Love it.
Back to top Go down
sisterboyd

PostSubject: It reminds me...   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:16 pm

of my father and my mother's boyfriends. Both were lovers of Cadillacs. The leather is what I remember mixed with the musk of their manly scent. I wear this and I remember going on long drives with my dad and laying on the seat as I fall asleep. This scent has a strength that is soft on my nose and this is what is so inviting about this scent. This is a quiet, happy scent.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 pm

This scent is amazing! The leather note in this is subtle and beautifully blended with the amber and vanilla. It's a sweet fragrance, but not too sweet. It's very sexy and alluring, and would make a great date night scent. It's absolutely gorgeous and sexy, I love it! I definitely need a full size of this one Smile
Back to top Go down
cuculine

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

When I read the description, I thought this was gonna be a shoe-in winner out the gate. In the bottle I can smell it's ambery and leathery, with a tinge of sweetness. Once I put it on, my skin chemistry transmogrified this into a very sweet amber, something I can only describe as cherry incense. Don't ask me how, I can't explain the mysteries of skin, do I look like a wizard to you? Where did the leather go, epidermis? It's not an unpleasant smell to me, but I'm not a fan of cherries, especially cherry incense. The dry-down stays a lighter version of that odor. By hour 3, it's the lovely resinous vanilla (still faintly cherry-sweet) I thought this would be from the start, but I wish I didn't have to smell like cherry incense for so long to reach this point. Not much sillage, but the perfume lasts quite a while: I can still easily detect it 6+ hours later. Even 12+ hours later, nose to skin, I can smell traces of sweet vanilla.
Back to top Go down
fortemestra

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:07 pm

This opens sickeningly sweet.  I like to make sure I put it on 15 to 30 min before going out so it has a chance to calm down.  Later, the vanilla is much nicer than the opening but still robust.  Then there is dry leather and incense (it must the be amber that makes me think incense).  It has a large throw to it.  My boyfriend at the time said, "You smell nice."
Back to top Go down
theredkilt

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 5:31 pm

On my skin, once applied, the leather stands out and that's it. After 10 minutes, it calms down and a sweetness emerges, but leather still dominates the blend. A bit too leathery for my taste.
Back to top Go down
fullforcegalesburg

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:39 am

One of my favorites! The leather note is so fresh and new, like slipping into an expensive jacket. I mostly get a blend of the amazing leather and vanilla; the amber just adds a little warmness to everything the longer this wears. I get a good 10+ hours of wear with this one!
Back to top Go down
April

April

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 am

BLRL is a classic Solstice Scents perfume. I have tried this fragrance in all of it's forms and I never tire of it's beauty! Amber, vanilla and leather combine to create an alluring blend that could be worn any time, but sure does compliment a romantic evening. A total favorite!
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm a dummy, because I've never thought to try this one on my husband until right. now. So that's on my to-do list when I get home! I love this scent so so much, though it's not one I would wear to the office. It's very easy to make out the notes: leather, vanilla, powdery amber. It's sex in a bottle, and I don't give it nearly enough love. The amber and leather come out stronger than the vanilla, but after 20 minutes or so the vanilla ups it's presence and makes itself more known, rounding out the powder and the leather nicely. It lasts all day on me, with faint leather being the most predominate when I stick my nose into my wrist in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Eldramor

Eldramor

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 6:48 am

This is a very decadent blend. It's the femme fatale, the "painted ladies" of the Old West. If you want to evoke a pinup girl who knows exactly how to get what she wants, this is the scent for you.

It's just so sweet. I like all the notes here, but the amber is definitely on the powdery side, so much that I feel like I've doused my nose with a frilly-scented makeup puff. That combined with the vanilla makes for an intensely sugary experience, which I find almost cloying. Although it's not a listed note, the overall feeling reminds me of a heavy red musk.  

On the other hand, the leather backing is nice. It brings a much-needed "rugged" edge to the blend which gives it a more powerful vibe. Unfortunately, it's not enough to balance things out for me.  

I think my brand of sensuality is simply on the "feral woodsy sorceress" spectrum over the "glamorous diva" camp. And that's okay! For those who want to represent their inner bombshell, this scent will scratch the itch.

BigTree likes this post

Back to top Go down
megank4

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 am

This smells very nice, but it doesn't seem like BLACK leather and RED lace is the right name for it. I can't think of a better one, but it doesn't seem to fit.
It is sweet, but not in a cloying way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)   BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

BLACK LEATHER, RED LACE (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1