Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?

Go down 
+24
PonPon
selki
Liber Vix
aimeesue
OfTheAllies
lov2read68
BeckyG
katmish
sweetgardenangel
jessiekins1
Cats in the Cradle
Solstice Scents
AngloAngel
lyeneia
Pumpkinhead
Simone
nani
greeneyedgirl11
alicious
Boogie
SolsticeScholar
deer4
debibob
Rob
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
deer4

deer4

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Solstice Scents wrote "I have an olive squalane, carrot seed, geranium, etc. blend that I've used as a facial oil. Not sure if I'll ever make something like this for the shop. "

That sounds AMAZING AMAZING! I am willing to volunteer myself as a tester? lol A serum or face oil? Would be great!!! Your facial products are the best!!!!

I really like the idea or a healing balm as well.....
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 pm

Boogie wrote:
Angela, I used a tart today that is so freaking delicious ! I want body products in this scent : Egyptian Musk. This is such a gorgeous scent on its own, and I bet it would be really pretty mixed with a lot of your existing scents. Can you get this oil?

Edited to say that I am a complete dunce geek I just reread the description for Gehenna, and of course you can get the oil! Would you make Egyptian Musk available as a stand alone scent...perhaps in a perfume oil?

Boogie, have you tried my Pharaoh oil? It is E Musk with a touch of frankincense and honey but it is heavy on the E musk so I think you would really like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
jessiekins1

jessiekins1

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:56 am

oh yes! shower gels would be awesome. i know i would use those everyday!

as for new scents, i'd love to see if jack and the devil and sage's athaneum could have leather notes added to them. not to replace those scents, because i love them as they are, but the variations could be renamed. also if russian caravan could have vanilla absolute added. again, i love that blend and i don't want it reformulated. i'd just want to try a variation like when you added patchouli to spellbound woods and renamed it spellbound patchouli (or patchouli sweet wood as it's called now.) that was just amazing and it's one of my favorite blends.
Back to top Go down
Boogie

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:
Boogie wrote:
Angela, I used a tart today that is so freaking delicious ! I want body products in this scent : Egyptian Musk. This is such a gorgeous scent on its own, and I bet it would be really pretty mixed with a lot of your existing scents. Can you get this oil?

Edited to say that I am a complete dunce geek I just reread the description for Gehenna, and of course you can get the oil! Would you make Egyptian Musk available as a stand alone scent...perhaps in a perfume oil?

Boogie, have you tried my Pharaoh oil? It is E Musk with a touch of frankincense and honey but it is heavy on the E musk so I think you would really like it!

I probably have a Pharaoh sample somewhere in this disorganized stash of mine, but I'll pick up another one with my next order. farao Thanks for the suggestion !
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Angela, I love the idea of all the potential products you mentioned--no surprise there. In particular, the facial steam herbs. I hope one day they will materialize. I would love to see the fruit and cream masque added, because your masques have saved my skin--no joke! = )
Back to top Go down
sweetgardenangel

sweetgardenangel

PostSubject: Something Lemony   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:23 pm

Fragrances dealing with something "fruity" always seem to be the ones I grab in the shower. That is why when SS came out with a Scrub called "Fruit Cellar," I was excited. Not only for the simple reason, that it is indeed "fruity" but SS has so few scrubs in its repertoire.

It is my wish that SS develop something lemony in Burnishing Glace, a Scrub, and a Ganache.

But, lemon is very tricky! I don't want to smell like Lemon Pledge when I leave the bathroom!

If you ask me what notes to include, I know this sounds crazy about referring to a competitor, but here goes, but hold the paddle... Haus of Gloi "Honeysuckle Lemon Curd." I love it and wish that SS could create a similar fragrance! I think there's some pumpkin pie spice, and of course definitely a tiny bit of honeysuckle, but really don't have a clue on the rest of the mix. I'd be happy with anything Lemony. I'm always happy with Solstice Scents, as a whole anyways. But I thought I'd throw that out there
. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
katmish

katmish

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:

I do have a strong interest in adding a few salves. One is an aches and pains salve with menthol and arnica and the other is a boo-boo relief (for cuts, scrapes, bruises, etc. but it can also be used for skin nourshment - cracked and dry skin, nourishing foot balm, etc) with comfrey, calendula, carrot seed, etc. These are for your home medicine cabinet.

Angela, these sound wonderful! I really like herbal salves - and have great interest in buying a comfrey based salve from someone that I know makes things in small batches.

The facial oil sounds great to me too.
Back to top Go down
Cats in the Cradle

Cats in the Cradle

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

[quote="Pumpkinhead"]So there are a few scents I'd love to see Angela's take on.

First, an apple scent. Is there a such thing as a sexy apple scent? I don't know. Most apple scents run along the lines of Country Apple from BBW or they are a foodie apple. I'd like an apple scent that was...hm, mysterious somehow. Smoky, woodsy or maybe incense-y. Think the Apple of Discord...the apple that led to the Trojan War.

quote]

Now that sounds perfect!
Back to top Go down
BeckyG

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Cats in the Cradle, that sounds soooo delicious.
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Pumpkinhead wrote:
So there are a few scents I'd love to see Angela's take on.

First, an apple scent. Is there a such thing as a sexy apple scent? I don't know. Most apple scents run along the lines of Country Apple from BBW or they are a foodie apple. I'd like an apple scent that was...hm, mysterious somehow. Smoky, woodsy or maybe incense-y. Think the Apple of Discord...the apple that led to the Trojan War...

wow.. I'm with the rest, that DOES sound incredible.. especially coming from a a non foody or fruity person... But that apple/wood/incense sounds very intriguing!

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:18 pm

After reading about Angela's original idea for Gehenna in the "Ask Angela" thread, I would like to see a perfume that has fig as one of its note--a figgy incense, perhaps! Haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lov2read68

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Or perhaps a figgy pudding?!! Sorry, it was an opening I couldn't pass up!
Back to top Go down
OfTheAllies

OfTheAllies

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:57 pm

sweetgardenangel wrote:
It is my wish that SS develop something lemony in Burnishing Glace, a Scrub, and a Ganache. . Question Question Question

Yes. I love lemon and I'm all for having a bright, rich lemony scent from Solstice. Or a zesty citrus (lemon, lime, grapefruit - just not too heavy on the orange) blend to wake me up in the mornings.

As for products, I'm quite sure that this will never happen but I'd love to see a deodorant. I don't use commercial deodorants because of the aluminum content and I've had a difficult time replacing them. Most indie unscented deodorants don't work very well for me and the scented ones generally compete too much with my perfume. If I could find a deodorant that went well with the woody types of perfumes I tend to favor (or if it matched them exactly), I'd pretty much have my Holy Grail of body products.
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm not sure about figgy pudding--haha! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:44 pm

OfTheAllies wrote:
sweetgardenangel wrote:
It is my wish that SS develop something lemony in Burnishing Glace, a Scrub, and a Ganache. . Question Question Question

Yes. I love lemon and I'm all for having a bright, rich lemony scent from Solstice. Or a zesty citrus (lemon, lime, grapefruit - just not too heavy on the orange) blend to wake me up in the mornings.

As for products, I'm quite sure that this will never happen but I'd love to see a deodorant. I don't use commercial deodorants because of the aluminum content and I've had a difficult time replacing them. Most indie unscented deodorants don't work very well for me and the scented ones generally compete too much with my perfume. If I could find a deodorant that went well with the woody types of perfumes I tend to favor (or if it matched them exactly), I'd pretty much have my Holy Grail of body products.

I also use aluminum free deodorant. I have tried some from the health food store but find they really don't work too well. I can't remember the brands but I can post if I do. The only one that has worked great that is aluminum free is Arm & Hammer. I think it's called "Naturals" or "Essentials" or something. There is a scent but I can't smell it just going about my daily life. It just has a fresh scent.
Back to top Go down
OfTheAllies

OfTheAllies

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Solstice Scents wrote:

I also use aluminum free deodorant. I have tried some from the health food store but find they really don't work too well. I can't remember the brands but I can post if I do. The only one that has worked great that is aluminum free is Arm & Hammer. I think it's called "Naturals" or "Essentials" or something. There is a scent but I can't smell it just going about my daily life. It just has a fresh scent.

Ooh, thanks for the recommendation, I didn't know that Arm & Hammer made an aluminum free one, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. A fresh scent sounds nice, though I've reached the point where I'll try just about anything.

I know I've used Nature's Gate, Tom's of Maine, Kiss My Face and one of those crystals - they've all had varying degrees of success but I was never 100% happy with them. I've also tried a few from Etsy but none have worked out well for me.
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:15 pm

I would love to see a heavy duty, intensive hand/foot cream--ganache dialed up to eleven, if you will. I would also love a ghost glace!

I wouldn't turn down Manor home fragrance, either. bounce
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Oooh Manor home fragrance oil...*nom nom nom...*
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 pm

I use an aluminum free deodorant too, one of the last Lush products I faithfully have.. and that is a powder called The Greeench. it works fantastically for me. Be aware though, it's VERY herbally when you first apply it, but I rarely smell it during the day.

Besides, I love herbal scents anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Angela,

Is there anyway we will see in the future an expansion on your sugar scrubs? I have grown to LOVE scrubs and would die to have any of them in your darker scents!

Back to top Go down
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am

Rob, unfortunately the sugar scrubs will probably always be a very limited thing as they are pretty time consuming for me. One day, when you and J finally move down here to work with us and when we have a large workshop, that may change, but for now, I just can't produce a great deal of them at a time and have to make sure not to spread myself too thin.

Are you thinking of the Turbinado scrubs or the Sugared Amber (I think you have some of those, no?) primarily?
Back to top Go down
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 am

Solstice Scents wrote:
Rob, unfortunately the sugar scrubs will probably always be a very limited thing as they are pretty time consuming for me. One day, when you and J finally move down here to work with us and when we have a large workshop, that may change, but for now, I just can't produce a great deal of them at a time and have to make sure not to spread myself too thin.

Are you thinking of the Turbinado scrubs or the Sugared Amber (I think you have some of those, no?) primarily?

LOL! How about we open a northeast branch of SS in say... Cape Cod? We'll be happy to run that factory!

I understand completely about them being time consuming. I have few in the sugared amber... I don't think I've ever tried the turbinados, but I will watch for them. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
OfTheAllies

OfTheAllies

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Rob wrote:
I use an aluminum free deodorant too, one of the last Lush products I faithfully have.. and that is a powder called The Greeench. it works fantastically for me. Be aware though, it's VERY herbally when you first apply it, but I rarely smell it during the day.

Besides, I love herbal scents anyway.

Thanks for the recommendation Rob! I love herbal scents too, so that's actually a plus. I've never had a good enough excuse to try Lush but now I might have to check them out.

Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 am

I will totally work in the SS factory. Wink
Back to top Go down
alicious

alicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:33 pm

WILL WORK FOR GLACE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?   Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for new Solstice Scents products or scents?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next