Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey Guys! Update 1/19

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 Empty
PostSubject: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I know I've been a bit quiet on the forums. We have had our hands full. My chickens all got fowl pox and it was a difficult time for us. Really horrible. I've also been very busy with real estate and research and development for some products, looking ahead to the spring collection offerings.

I've received a few questions regarding V-Day products. We are releasing a small collection and it will mainly be returns from last year. There is one new scent for the incense/woods type lovers on top of the gourmand stuff. This new scent will be available in a perfume only due to pricey ingredients. It's sure delicious. G and I are really loving it. I will post some details soon in the Member's Only forum as a sneak peak for you, before I go public with the offerings.

I also am cooking up some interesting scents for spring. There will be a few returns but several new, exciting and exotic things offered. I am still in the R & D with much of this collection which will be offered most likely in March. I have some things I'm testing before I can give more details about what I'm looking at. I do have the concept for the fragrances and I may reveal that in the member's only post and perhaps a few details to wet your appetites. Smile As I said, I know exactly what I want to offer but I need to make sure everything works before full disclosure!

The next few months are going to be very busy for us. For those of you who don't follow our Facebook page, the agenda is this: Make, list and photograph the V-Day collection (estimated release end of the month), complete my continuing ed for my real estate license (I have to do this every two years. It's not a big deal but will still be something that needs to be handled), do my taxes for both jobs. The taxes are very time consuming. Admittedly I don't know how on earth to use QuickBooks and we also have a new site (which does export to QB). The taxes just take several days of pure concentrations since both of my careers focus heavily on lots of invoices/items for tax deductions. And of course, we have the full spring collection. Not just that, but we are planning on doing something that can only be done during the spring (most likely for sale in late summer) which is time consuming on top of the actual spring collection. Yes, I'm being very vague but I have to make sure everything I am considering and working on pans out, even though I REALLY want to tell everyone! Just know that what we are working on is continuing to offer some cutting edge things that have lots of heart and soul and work behind them.

All of this is to say that if I'm not as active online as usual, I've got a full plate for the next few months.

So how are you guys doing? Anything new? I hope your holiday season was great and that you had a nice new year. We had a great holiday and I had a really hard time getting back into work mode. I jumped on "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" train and blew through that book, rewatched the Swedish movie and I'm halfway through "The Girl Who Played With Fire" now. I had a typo just now where I spelled "girl" "Gril" so it was "The Gril Who Played With Fire" LOL.

All right, off to do refunds. Just wanted to touch with base everyone because I like to make sure you guys know what's happening. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 am

Hi A! I also loved the Steig Larsson trilogy, even though a few things about them drove me nuts. I think Lisbeth is my favorite female character in recent literature. Anyway, since you're reading them you'll get a laugh out of this. Nora Ephron wrote a hilarious little piece called "The Girl Who Fixed the Umlaut": http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2010/07/05/100705sh_shouts_ephron
Back to top Go down
CarmH

CarmH

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 am

Hi Angela!

Thanks so much for the update. Wish you didn't have so much on your plate just because you need to take some time for yourself to rest too. At least you take some time for pleasure reading. Don't know how you manage it all but we sure appreciate all of your efforts and thoughtfulness. You do keep us intrigued. Take care!
Back to top Go down
SolsticeScholar

SolsticeScholar

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

Can't wait! Thanks, Angela! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StarSylvie

StarSylvie

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi, A!

I'm so sorry to hear about the chickens! I don't know the first thing about fowl pox or, in fact, about any issues to do with chicken health, so forgive my dumb question: Are the chickens OK?

You're really busy! Your future goodies will be, as always, amazing. I was at Alternatives this week and circled your display. Picked up soap.

I love Basilica and hope that it will remain available! I also like a couple of others from the sample batch I got in the winter.

Take care of yourself!

Hugs to you!
Sylvie cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Guys! Update 1/19   Hey Guys!  Update 1/19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Guys! Update 1/19
Page 1 of 1