Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)

Go down 
+6
sam
LittleBird
jonesgirl07
nani
Rob
Solstice Scents
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 7:37 pm

OLD CEDAR MAGUS
Fresh Cedar & Soft Vanilla Incense

Offered as part of the rotating General Catalog in Perfume, Glace, Ganache, Bar Soap and Whipped Soap.

Description: Always watchful, ever vigilant, the magnificent old cedar with its massive trunk and elegant boughs stands tall and alone in the distant rugged terrain. Legend has it that an old and powerful magus set upon this very spot centuries ago and was never seen or heard from again. Yet you can feel the power emanating from this majestic tree, it's strength dominating and contagious, almost as if man and tree had become one...

Old Cedar Magus is an amazing blend of fresh cedarwood on a bed of mystical incense and soft vanilla. Excellent as a unisex woodsy scent...slightly smoky and very alluring.

OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) Spellb10

Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Rob

Rob

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 am

Old Cedar Magus I love you was one of the first scents I purchased and to this day it remains my number one scent of ANY scent I have ever smelled!

This is not a complex scent where you can sniff for hours trying to figure out what the scent notes are. It's very straight forward, with an amazing blend of cedarwood, vanilla and incense. It's very woodsy, a bit sweet and is a perfect signature scent for me. I have it in every product Solstice Scents makes it in, but I refuse to use my only bar of soap until I see it offered again!

Old Cedar Magus has *incredible* staying power. At the end of the day, I can smell it on me just like I had put it on a half hour before. It's in no way overpowering or strong. I've even put it on in the morning and the next morning woke up and still smelled it on me as I jump in the shower (if I haven't taken a bath the night before).

The whipped soap, ganache and glace all smell the same and have the same staying power. I've even taken a bit of the glace and mixed it in with their Ghost bath salts and had a lovely bath soak in my favorite scent.

I cannot recommend this scent enough! It's extremely unisex and can easily be worn by men and women.

-Rob
Back to top Go down
nani

nani

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:38 pm

I got this perfume sample after reading Rob's reviews..I've only sniffed it once but so far so good.There is a very comforting smell to it. Hopefully once I start using it, I will figure out what it is.
Back to top Go down
jonesgirl07

jonesgirl07

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:01 pm

This is one of my favorite of Angela's scents. I have it in almost every product. You can smell the smokey notes but the vanilla keeps it on the sweet side. On dry-down, I also get a powdery scent, like a clean sexy smell. I love this scent and get compliments every time I wear it. Try it for free as your perfume sample in your next order, I promise you won't be disappointed sunny
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 am

I usually love cedar and vanilla notes, but this blend doesn't work on me. It's like a light pine scent with dust and something oddly sweet that reminds me of chapstick. Within fifteen minutes, it dries down to a light baby powder smell on my skin. It's very light and strange on my skin...
Back to top Go down
sam

PostSubject: If you love spellbound or other incense like scents, you will love Old Cedar Magnus!   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 pm

About a year ago, I received old cedar magnus as a free sample. Or did I purchase the sample? I'm not sure. I decided to give it a try because it is smiliar to spellbound-a soft, incense like scent that wears close to the skin, and doesn't make a nuisance of itself. At the time when I tried it out, I did not care for the scent.

I found my stash of solstice scents perfume samples a few weeks, and tried old cedar again. I immediately fall in love! it is such a soft, woodsy scent..has more of a woodsy quality than spellbound, probably because of the cedar. I can't stop smelling myself when I wear it. I hope this scent comes back to the shop soon. I'll definitely get it in ganache or glace form, along with many other solstice scents I have come to love recently (cocoa mellow, violet truffle etc).

If you do not fall in love with a scent, don't throw it away. Give it sometime, and maybe you will come to love it too Smile
Back to top Go down
greenphoenix

greenphoenix

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm wearing OCM today. Smile It is a really great scent for cooler months; it starts out as a perfect blend of sweet and woodsy (with a light powder note, but that doesn't detract from the perfume, on my skin).  As it settles into my skin, the cedar note becomes much more pronounced, but there is still a bit of sweetness in the background.  I put this on this morning at 5am, and right now, it is 1pm, and I can still smell it on my wrists - gotta love the longevity of this fragrance!  I adore blends that combine woods, incense, and vanilla, and this perfume does not disappoint.  <3
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I was really hoping to like this one, but it just wasn't meant to be...  I love cedar and vanilla, but this scent doesn't work for me at all.  it smells great in the bottle and when I first put it on, but it quickly fades to a really sweet baby powder smell on me. I don't smell any cedar at all Sad
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:49 pm

I reviewed this scent when I first got it and was clearly disappointed; however, I have come to realize that my disappointment was not in the scent itself, but only due to the scent not being what I had expected it to be. I have since tried this scent again, and found it to be quite pleasant. It does have a hint of woodsiness to it, but is mostly sweet and somehow almost magical smelling. I'm glad I gave this scent another try because it's actually really great.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 pm

This is a classic unisex scent. It's woodsy yet sweet and approachable. If you like Manor or Spellbound Woods, chances are you'll like OCM, too. It's one of the simple, yet stunning scents Solstice Scents does so well.
Back to top Go down
fortemestra

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:09 pm

This has the sweetness of vanilla with a bitter aftertaste of cedar. The cedar is more like the old, dry stuff lining jewelry box as opposed to the fresh sweet vibrance of a new cut log. It has the atmosphere of being halfway between a cutsie perfume and a darker perfume.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)   OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

OLD CEDAR MAGUS (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1