Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)

Go down 
+25
fortemestra
cuculine
frckls
Loraphant
pandasoul
elliejelly
papaya
WillowMetals
ElMalOjo
tantalyzingt
solstice sister
shibamistress
TXlaurie
StarSylvie
Renna
AudSS
dollbones
cbalogh
katmish
sam
LittleBird
rinster
SolsticeScholar
Harvest
Solstice Scents
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fortemestra

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:08 pm

This one is a nutty, creamy flavor. The white chocolate is just barely recognizable and the vanilla I wouldn't have guessed was vanilla. I guess that is why is it is described as a vanilla accord instead. I don't care for this scent but I want to try Manor and Snowshoe Pass which were mentioned to have the same vanilla accord worked in.
Back to top Go down
Jennynicole77

Jennynicole77

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm

I have seen other reviews that say they can't smell the white chocolate or vanilla, but all those reviews are slightly older. When I got this scent the white chocolate was the top note for me and only wore off after at least an hour of wear. I am not personally a fan of this scent, so much so that I put it up for sale on the forum and facebook group 2 hours after I got it in the mail. My husband doesn't really enjoy the scent either. It doesn't smell bad in the slightest but it just isn't for me. It reminds me of the old school bubble gum scents for some reason and is one of the reasons I am not a fan.
Back to top Go down
http://moonstonebeginning.tumblr.com/
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:10 pm

I was excited to try this scent because I've seen so many fantastic reviews for it, and I want to love florals so much. Alas, I find this one mostly unpleasant and a bit cloying. I get very little vanilla and no white chocolate, though they might just be lingering in the background adding depth to the florals. I don't know what tiare flowers smell like, though the internet tells me it's like a tahitian gardenia or tuberose, which explains why I seem to mostly get the tuberose note from this. Weirdly, I get a bit of sunscreen and jasmine, but the slightly indolic kind. Sadly it's miss for me, but I may keep my sample to see if it behaves better any better after another year...
Back to top Go down
megank4

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 am

This smells almost exactly like the Tahitian Monoi body oil that can be bought in pharmacies here. Very nice, no chocolat, a perfect summer scent.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Unfortunately, Nightgown goes "old lady perfume" on my skin and was so strong I had to scrub it off after an hour. I tried it again after letting my sample settle a couple weeks, but it did the same thing. I smelled no vanilla, just strong floral (which is disappointing because I ADORE most of the Solstice vanilla-based scents). I typically dislike florals so it would have been a miracle if I HAD liked this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)   NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NIGHTGOWN (General Catalog)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2