Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)

Go down 
+38
Rowsdower!
cuculine
Georgie
laureldarkmoon
zombichick
pandasoul
Gypsy21
elliejelly
WillowMetals
zombiesonacid
Ross W
marileab
BrightestStarOfAll
Renna
AudSS
Harvest
Taniwha
Sofa Nymph
Simone
tuffcookie
caligirl38
OfTheAllies
alicious
sweetgardenangel
lookingglass
rinster
DancingFox
snowy
enchantedaromas
LittleBird
AngloAngel
sam364
Chacha
Samengage
katmish
Da1327
Rob
Solstice Scents
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Harvest

MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm

This was the second bottle that I ordered unsniffed and received today, and all I can say is Oh. My. Word. This is so beautiful. I love wood notes, love love love love love, and this one opens with the most beautiful woods and vanilla. It is very rich and sweet, as described, but it's not overpowering. As it dries, the woody notes become a warm base for the sweetness and the whole thing just is amazing. It's comforting, but sexy, strong, but also tender. I am in love.
Back to top Go down
AudSS

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Definitely incensy and woody at the drydown. I'd love to smell this on a guy.
Back to top Go down
Renna

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:05 am

Wow, does this scent EVER deserve to be in the general catalog.

It's just gorgeous. GORGEOUS. I'm always wary of woods because I don't like smells to be bitter or dry, but holy cow. This is one of the prettiest things I've ever smelled.

Not to say it's super feminine, because it's not, but it is perfectly unisex. I get gorgeous old library, and I can see the roaring fire and the cozy sweater other reviewers talked about, but I also remember my childhood in Germany and the misty days spent playing in the trees. I think this blend will probably pull up images or memories for most people, and that's part of its charm.

I love it, so much. I definitely recommend trying it, and if it's not sweet enough for you, try layering with a vanilla like Cenobite (I haven't needed to but I bet it would still be pretty).

Jeez. Wonderful scent.
Back to top Go down
BrightestStarOfAll

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello lovely people!

Manor is pretty much the perfume equivalant to the love of my life. I gush endlessly about it in my blog post here.

I'm so glad to see others love this perfume as much as me. I love you
Back to top Go down
marileab

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 pm

I was inspired to pull out my sample of Manor from last year. When I tried it last year, I thought, "okay, but meh." I put it on again today. OH.MY.WORD! *swoon* Love it! To my nose, the drydown of it shares a lot of similarities with Spellbound Woods, which I also love.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Test 1 - Late night 14 degrees c. Medium application. I'm looking at the stars through the window. This is an odd one. I'm not sure how to describe it in my reactions. There is a note, an achingly beautiful note that is so familiar and yet it slips away from me when I get too close and it disappears. Other notes come into view and then also disappear like phantoms. Nothing stays the same for long, so I frustratingly can't pin anything down. There is an etherial richness that ebbs and flows away like shadows. I wish it would stay still. Maybe I'm sniffing too often. Next morning I can still smell traces of it on my skin.

Test 2 - full wear. I want to try this one 'full on'. Here goes.
Yes it is stronger, but I'm not sure the heavier application is to it's benefit. I am certainly detecting more of the notes and accords, but I miss the ephemerally of the accords drifting in and out. It was much more like wandering around an old building with different scents in each room, or the 'ghosts' of scents appearing and disappearing as I walked around.

Overall a very interesting effect and scent.

Last edited by Ross W on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:03 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
zombiesonacid

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 pm

I quite like this. It isn't my absolute favorite but it is full bottle worthy. It smells so good and the vanilla isn't the cheap kind I'm accustomed to smelling in candles so thats a relief. I'm just sad the sillage isn't that great but it may be because of the fact I was applying from a sample bottle and I couldn't really slather it on. It smells absolutely beautiful though.
Back to top Go down
WillowMetals

WillowMetals

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Oh man. I think this is my top favorite now. My top favorite seems to be ever changing, but for a while now this scent has styed number one. I wear it often. I detect woods, smoke, and vanilla. The sensual version of vanilla, not too gourmand. Even though it is beautiful alone it is AMAZING, I have learned that I can layer this one too. It is beautiful. If for some cray reason you are on the fence about this one, don't be...it is AWESOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowmetals.etsy.com
elliejelly

elliejelly

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 am

This is perfect for those days when I want to feel a little feminine, but still have a little bit of 'edge' to my look.

If I had to assign a colour to Manor it would be a dusty purple-hued grey. Manor has a very understated, timeless beauty connected with it. Like another reviewer mention about low sillage, I have noticed that as well on my skin, but I think that perhaps this perfume was designed to be this way. The whole aesthetic of Manor seems to be something reminiscent of a whisper, a faint trace of something that was there before you, something oh so familiar and you know what it is but the word or feeling is on the tip of your tongue. At least that is how I interpret the feeling of this blend.

A very delicate and sophisticated vanilla brightens the blend a smidge, but otherwise it still gives me the impression of shadowy, hazy figures. Is this sweet enough for you gourmand types? I'm not sure, but if you're do enjoy vanilla then this is definitely one to look out for. Very soft woods, and little bit of smoke in the opening.

For those who are attracted to perfumes that have a dark and mysterious edge to it, then you simply must sample Manor at your nearest discretion! Manor has become another of SS signature scents (along with Black Forest, in my opinion) and is certainly a crowd pleaser!
Back to top Go down
http://personellietea.com/
Gypsy21

PostSubject: A deep winter scent.   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Ahh Manor. I received this as a sample with an order and I knew I had to buy the full size. This scent is very deep. This is my go-to winter scent as it seems way to heavy in the heat of the summer. It smells less vanilla-y and more woods-y, which is a good great because that's what attracted me. For me this scent is masculine, so if you are into the whole fem floral, this wouldn't be a good choice. All in all, this is one on my favorites from SS and I will definitely be buying more I love you 
Back to top Go down
pandasoul

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 3:18 am

I think of Manor in my head as Solstice Scents signature blend. This scent is so, so lovely. It reminds me slightly of my grandmother in a nostalgic way and is described as a “once grand estate, now disheveled.” This is a versatile scent that I think many different sorts of noses will enjoy. It is woodsy and sweet in the vial, upon application the wood notes fades slightly. Manor grows simpler and sweeter as time passes but remains intriguing.

This scent clings heavily to the skin, I’ve worn it through workout sessions and still smelled it afterword. I think Manor could be sold in a department store to great commercial success- it smells as if it like it was carefully crafted. Manor is definitely one of the most impressive indie scents I’ve smelled- it is an absolute must to try!
Back to top Go down
zombichick

zombichick

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:02 am

I got this having high hopes. Well, I was disappointed. I was hoping it would be more unisex. It wears so masculine on me, I feel like an old burly man. All I get from it is men's cologne. I will try layering this ones with something more sweet, but I am not sure if that will take away the strong masculine vibe. I guess it works for many people, but it just wasn't for me. Bottom line: this is not a unisex-feminine scent.
Back to top Go down
laureldarkmoon

PostSubject: Comforting scent   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:23 pm

This was the first Solstice Scents perfume I ordered, back in the autumn, and based on many great reviews. The scent is very comforting to me--sweet vanilla with a dark woody base. I loved it so much I bought the burnishing glace and the body cream (which I ran out of very quickly). I put it on at night, and my husband got into bed asking, "What smells so good?" Now that autumn has passed, I put it on and I'm drawn right back to that time--dark, cool nights. The scent lasts several hours. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Georgie

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:22 pm

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. It is possibly (more like definitely) the greatest smell I have ever smelled in my entire life. I just want to smell like this forever! I am even more ecstatic about it because of how difficult it is for me to find a scent that works for me. This scent is so amazing, words can't even describe how wonderful it is. It makes me feel pretty and classy, and almost as if I've traveled back in time. This perfume is my favorite of any other SS products I've tried. I would recommend this to everyone, it truly is a wonderful scent.
Back to top Go down
cuculine

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 pm

In the container, it's strongly woody with some smoke, like an heirloom piece of cedar furniture from a room where people smoked cigars. On my skin, it starts off resinous and woody, almost in an incense way because of the agarwood, with a nutty background (from the ganache's cocoa butter I suspect); then, after half an hour, vanilla starts to show as the oud and nuttiness fade. Dry, Manor is gorgeous on me, a luxurious vanilla with wood undertones. The vanilla is rich and warm, but not in a gourmand, cannibalize-your-arm way. It's opulent, yet comforting. Not much sillage, this is definitely a personal scent, hugging you and only you. Nevertheless, during the initial hour or so after application, people standing nearby usually ask me what I'm wearing because I smell so dang good. Lasts forever on me, at least 10+ hours, but that's not surprising with that much vanilla here.
Back to top Go down
Rowsdower!

PostSubject: Manor   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Reading all the reviews on here it is so funny to see how it reacts on different people. I think this has got to be the most raved about perfume on SS- so obviously I had to get a sample. I was prepared to amazed!

On me it smells like stale perfume for about 20 minutes and then poof! disappears completely. I was confused, was this the same perfume everyone was talking about? Where was the woods, the vanilla and the atmosphere? I thought you were all crazy people! (sorry)

Then a few weeks later I tried it on my husband and HELLO yes I can smell it all! Really complex and beautiful. The woodsy vanillary melancholy manor came alive and everything made sense.

So if this doesn't work for you, slather it on someone nearby! It's worth it.
Back to top Go down
considerthelilies

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:45 pm

This scent is as deep, musky, sexy, unisex, and beautiful as it gets! The vanilla lends a general sweetness, and blends so well with the agarwood and the musk that I can't think of any combination that would be similar. (Thornwood Thicket has similar characteristics, but it also has some of the same notes!) I don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said. Get yourself a sample right now!
Back to top Go down
megank4

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 4:26 am

I think that this reminds of L'Encre Noir by Lalique, which I love on my husband, but maybe a more feminine version, like what I wanted L'Encre Noir pour Elle to be, and was sorely disappointed. Very nice. Would definitely buy this instead of those for the same dark, inky smell.
Back to top Go down
chloe92us

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:01 pm

I can't contribute much more than others already have, except to say that this perfume is amazing. As in, the best perfume I have ever smelled. Ever. It's spicy, yet sweet and luscious. It's quiet or loud depending on how much you use. It's both comforting and energizing. The scent lasts ALL day and I get loads of compliments. I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks Angela!
Back to top Go down
tessture

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2018 5:43 pm

Manor is a lovely smoky wood and edible vanilla fragrance. There's a note that is either Gaiac or cedarwood, which give me a high alcohol/screamy edge first on, but it does fade back a bit to let in at lovely almost pudding vanilla that is great, with that touch of firewood. I do wish my chemistry got on better with gaiac and cedar, though, because the sharp wood alcohol smell never fully fades and it mars the smoothness of the blend. That being said, I seriously amp that note and most of the people I know don't get it at all, so this one should be considered a lovely smoky vanilla for most people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)   MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MANOR (Autumn 2011 - Now General Catalog)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2