Solstice Scents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)

Go down 
+3
bronwen80
Harvest
Solstice Scents
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Solstice Scents
Admin
Solstice Scents

PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) Empty
PostSubject: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:45 am

PRIVATE EYE
Cocoa Absolute, Myrrh EO, Pink Pepper EO, Black Pepper EO, Tonka absolute, Buddha Wood, Tobacco absolute, Coffee EO, Guiacwood, Rosewood EO, etc.  - 5ml

SHAKE BEFORE EACH USE AS PRODUCT WILL SETTLE.  NOT FOR USE BY WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.

100% natural blend offered as a premium 5ml fragrance in perfumer's alcohol

Description: A mix of vices: dark chocolate, black coffee and cigarettes wrapped in a worn leather bomber jacket and staked out in a tan '72 Buick Skylark on a humid night. Radio static white noise crackling through the speakers, cigarette ashes on the car door. Later: a dark office. Neon lights cut sharply through the shadows. The hot bulb of the film projector heats up. Rotating reels emanate the familiar smell of warm celluloid and dust motes, flying just inches away from the lens.

Private Eye is a raw, gritty and unusual fragrance that radiates atmosphere and mystery. This inspired scent is spicy, earthy, sweet and slightly smoky with the faintest trace of leather. An all natural blend of resinous myrrh, rich cacao, effervescent pink pepper, black pepper, tobacco absolute, coffee essential oil, choya loban, guaiacwood, tonka bean, aged patchouli, rosewood and the woody, candied clove-like scent of buddha wood essential oil, Private Eye seeks to take you on a suspenseful journey full of mystery, into a dark and tangled world of unraveling secrets.

This is a very complex scent. Multiple notes arise on initial application: a blast of pink and black peppers, chocolate and coffee are followed quickly by heavy, resinous myrrh. Immediately thereafter the bright rosewood emerges, hovering above a gloriously smooth worn leather and smoke blend. After a few minutes you can still pick out several of these notes but the spicy buddha wood begins to edge up next to the rosewood. After this stage, the blend will develop a slightly sweeter profile while still remaining dark and complex. The spicy notes remain throughout the life of the perfume and are dominant, particularly the buddha wood. After it has been on for a while the tonka bean will begin to add a soft creamy carmelic note. Private Eye has incredible staying power. Unisex.

Cocoa absolute may stain lighter colored clothing and skin. When applying perfume, rub perfume in quickly as it is easier to work into skin with less chance of staining.

Private Eye contains spice oils. A slight warming sensation may be present on initial application for individuals with sensitive skin. This should not cause any great discomfort or be a lasting sensation.  

PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) Privat11

Last edited by Solstice Scents on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.solsticescents.com
Harvest

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:07 am

On Facebook, I mentioned that I had posted a review on my blog, and it must have been good enough because I was invited to post a link to my blog here. Very Happy

Here's the link: http://scenthussy.blogspot.com/2013/05/solstice-scents-private-eye_9.html

Enjoy!

(Final verdict for those who don't want to go to the link: In short, I think Solstice Scents found the soul of a noir detective novel and squeezed it until it bled into the bottle. This is a dark fragrance. Dark, edgy, masculine, and somehow alluring--as all good noir mysteries should be.)
Back to top Go down
bronwen80

bronwen80

PostSubject: Wow   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 pm

I got a sampe of this with my most recent order. It is very dark and dangerously complex
I could not wear this at anytime but the heart of winter it is so potent. As always Angelas description is dead on and every emotion that and situation she describes is here. I am a fan of sweet perfumes, once in a great while I will step out of my comfort zone and wear a floral. This oil is very masculine in nature and it would take a strong woman to be able to pull this scent off. It is a brilliant perfume but it is very different to many of the other Solstic Scents that I have used and if you are curious I would urge you to try this scent I have never experianced a perfume like this before and it really is a beauty.
Back to top Go down
Ross W

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Another cracker of a fragrance that is right up my alley. Not sweet, but challenging and tough. It opens strongly, in a similar mood to classics like Or Black by Moribito and Arrogance by Arrogance (which I also love) but has an unique set of ingredients. In a way I'm finding it difficult to reconcile this style with the style of softer fragrances like Conjure. I guess it simply demonstrates the range and breadth of your skills.

Test 1 - Night time 8.30pm 17 degrees C - clear night. If anyone refers to this as your Film Noir style I could understand. It got my attention straight away and in a good way. My first thoughts are how unusual it is. I am sniffing compulsively which is is always a good sign. The other thing about Private Eye is that I'm not sure whether I find it immediately attractive. It is something I have to keep coming back to before I can make up my mind. It reminds me of the experience of the first time I ate olives and the shock of a bitter salty taste combination. I also had to keep coming back and tasting again before I decided I liked the taste of olives. Private Eye has that same need to keep coming back.
Test 2 - Day time 1.00 pm 24 degrees and sunny. I think I actually preferred it in the warmer temperature which is odd. Last night I thought I was definitely for the night due to its strength and lack of sweetness. However I must admit to enjoying it more - the warmer temperature seems to bring out the peppers and I am enjoying that a great deal. I get more I guess of the "plasticy vibe" now and can see the link to film. You initially described this as "weird", but it is not. I pushes boundaries in a good way. Yes it is dark, but you described it as "dank" which I don't agree with as there is a sharpness and starkness to it from myrrh, coffee and peppers I would guess. It has a lot of energy to it that does put you on edge. I am thinking it might be best worn on a warmish (but definitely not hot) night - definitely it will give you a fascinating edginess.
Back to top Go down
LittleBird

LittleBird

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:06 pm

The black pepper and cocoa absolute in this reminds me of Arcana's Soot fragrance at first, but this is less sweet and has more of a dark, dry woods smell to it.
Private Eye smells like button mushrooms and dirt on me as it dries down, with little whiffs of chocolate and perfumey, sharp black pepper and sharp, dry wood. The sharp spiciness and dry wood reminds me of old, dusty potpourri after a while.
I find that this doesn't have a lot of throw on me, but it does stick around for about 3 hours.
All in all, this is okay, but not one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
rinster

rinster

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Oh leather, why must you hate me so? On me you turn into pleather or naugahyde. However, it does fit nicely with the theme and brings to mind gritty 70's cop shows! There is so much going on here that if it didn't have the leather, I think it's totally be on board. As it is, you can drop me off at the corner.
Back to top Go down
fortemestra

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:10 pm

This one is interesting because it DOES smell like a 1950's office, like a PI would be sitting in. However, from a modern point of smell, a 1950's office smells like an old man. For me, this recalls my grandfather's office/study. I think I do like the cocoa/coffee notes, but maybe it is the tobacco or the various wood notes that turns me off. Neat perfume, but I don't want to smell like an old man! After sampling this, I want to try the single note Cocoa Absolute to see if that's the part I did like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)   PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog) Empty

Back to top Go down

PRIVATE EYE PREMIUM FRAGRANCE 5ML (General Catalog)
Page 1 of 1